Cyclone AFC top cap won't fit………another RM2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I have had a Reo Grande & RM2 for………idk about a month. I'm selling off some other gear and back shopping for my second.

In the mean time, I've continued buying tubes (blasphemy) and other stuff…and I really like my Cyclone + AFC top cap. I sold off some of the other stuff and was all set to order a BF Cyclone, another AFC cap, and a second Reo when I realized the AFC cap won't fit.

I know the Cyclone is a good rba without it, but damn……it's a really nice top cap. Makes the Trident seem like a POS.

So, any ideas? Do I just get another Reomizer 2.0 with the second Reo? Do I go with the Cyclone and drill it out? Or is there something out there as good as the Cyclone+AFC that I don't know about yet?

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
You might talk to Rob, he could mill the dripwell down until its flush with the threads of the connector. It would fit then as long as its not wider than the dripwell. It could be a crapshoot on where the coil lines up when it's flush though. Would you mind taking a pic of the adjustable cap sitting on the dripwell? I've been thinking of the same thing myself.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You might talk to Rob, he could mill the dripwell down until its flush with the threads of the connector. It would fit then as long as its not wider than the dripwell. It could be a crapshoot on where the coil lines up when it's flush though. Would you mind taking a pic of the adjustable cap sitting on the dripwell? I've been thinking of the same thing myself.

UGH. Do you think Rob would do that to a REO? That seems like it would completely mar the shape of the whole REO. To me it's like cutting your baby's toes off to fit a pair of shoes. I'd get another RM2 and never look back.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
The AFC is too wide for the drip well.

I like my RM2 a lot. But, I feel like there might be something better out there. The air hole doesn't quite line up as well as I'd like (and no, it's not a matter of stacking o-rings 'till I get lucky...that's a bad solution) and the posts are so damn far apart for the coils I build that I end up ignoring the holes and using the screws as clamps anyway.

I'll probably just get another RM2, I was just completely enamored with my Cyclone+AFC dripper, and I was wishing it'd work.

Any other good options, or is the RM2 really the best there is for it?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
The AFC is too wide for the drip well.

I like my RM2 a lot. But, I feel like there might be something better out there. The air hole doesn't quite line up as well as I'd like (and no, it's not a matter of stacking o-rings 'till I get lucky...that's a bad solution) and the posts are so damn far apart for the coils I build that I end up ignoring the holes and using the screws as clamps anyway.

I'll probably just get another RM2, I was just completely enamored with my Cyclone+AFC dripper, and I was wishing it'd work.

Any other good options, or is the RM2 really the best there is for it?

mupe7aty.jpg

There's one ^

But it'll run ya a left nut if you can find one. That one is not currently and never will be for sale :).

Go to markbugs.com and check it out - chalice II. I suspect that there will be another run in the future, but for now, you just have to be happy looking at that picture ^

I actually prefer the RM2. I bought 4 with the proceeds from one of the chalices I sold :)

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
If you really love that RBA you could use an unsealed shorty 510 extension. Not sure how it would look though.

It'd also possibly lose even more voltage, which doesn't seem like a great idea...the Reo doesn't feel like that great of a mod in terms of voltage drop anyway. I mean...it doesn't matter, I'd just adapt my coils. But it'd mean less battery life.

I think I'm just going to get a RM2 and not worry about it. If something better comes up, either I'll sell it or I'll have a spare...or a reason to get a 3rd Reo.

I'm thinking mini 2.1 this time. I wonder what's in stock.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
The BF Cyclone works great, you don't need the AFC cap to get a good vape. It could just be me, but if I've got anything variable I can't leave it alone. Always trying to tweak the voltage, wattage or airflow. Never have that satisfied feeling because maybe I can get it just a little bit better. I'm loving my setups now because my only options are Squonk and Fire.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Is that through experience or have you been watching that "guy's" video/reading his posts? :laugh:

Experience. But not measurement. I haven't gotten around to getting an in-line volt meter, because it seems like it'd open up a huge can of worms and make me dislike things I'm happy with. That's the same reason I also haven't pulled out a real multimeter.

Coils that measure the same feel completely different b/t devices. But I haven't been scientific about much of it. My k100 hits way harder than my gus. Like, it's not even close. But that's the only big difference. The Reo Grande doesn't feel like it's hitting as hard as a Poldiac with very similar coils between them, but I haven't swapped atties because I don't want to clean the Poldiac right now.

It's still insanely satisfying and something I could "fix" by taking off a wrap. But I'm not bothered. And it could be an airflow thing anyway.

Also, what guy?

The BF Cyclone works great, you don't need the AFC cap to get a good vape. It could just be me, but if I've got anything variable I can't leave it alone. Always trying to tweak the voltage, wattage or airflow. Never have that satisfied feeling because maybe I can get it just a little bit better. I'm loving my setups now because my only options are Squonk and Fire.

Yeah, I like that about it. I usually pull my Reo battery to charge and switch to dripping when I get home. I've been sitting on the couch vaping my grande and didn't even realize I forgot to switch for a couple hours.

Also, I ordered it last night along with another RM2...black/silver mini 2.1. If I decide to get a BF Cyclone, it won't be bad to have a backup.

It and my nemesis should be here on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread