Vision Spinner 1300mAh Charging Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thxone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Concord, NC
I just got my Vision Spinner in the mail and I immediately put it on the charger. Now this is the exact same charger I use to charge my eGo-T 650mAh with no issues. I put the spinner on it and the button flashes like 10 times then goes out and the red light on the usb part of the charger blinks red. What do I do? The battery has a charge on it because it is working. Do I need a different charger for this battery? I can't find a user manual anywhere for it. It sure is beefy though next to my 650.

:(

vision-2_zpsf21c574b.jpg

thxone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Concord, NC
I did order a legit charger for it but Joe at Ecig Charleston informed me to yes,..

Set the battery to 4.2v when charging
The light on the battery should stay on during charging
The light on the charger will flash from green to red, green to red, green to red... while charging
The light on the battery will go out a little while before charging is complete
The light on the charger will turn green when charging is complete.

He also said that a lot of the Vision Spinners have been coming fully or mostly charged. Also that he contacted Visions Corporate office and explained the button issue (button comes loose when battery is dropped) and I believe they have fixed it or will fix it on specific versions or on newer models.

thxone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Concord, NC
Ok, I got the charger in the mail today. I put the battery on the charger and as Joe explained to me what the lights should do is spot on. The light on the wall charger is on and is lit red. The USB portion of the charger is plugged in to the wall charger as it should be and the battery is attached... the light on the USB charger lights up red and every three seconds flashy green quickly one time then back to red for 3 more seconds. This repeats as it is charging the battery. The light on the battery stays lit as stated it should while being charged. Also, the battery is set to approx. 4.2v.

I wanted to write this in case anyone needed info on charging the Vision Spinner 1300mAh battery or what charger to use. This specific charger, which is linked in this post, is said to charge the 1300mAh spinner in about an hour.

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Ok, I got the charger in the mail today. I put the battery on the charger and as Joe explained to me what the lights should do is spot on. The light on the wall charger is on and is lit red. The USB portion of the charger is plugged in to the wall charger as it should be and the battery is attached... the light on the USB charger lights up red and every three seconds flashy green quickly one time then back to red for 3 more seconds. This repeats as it is charging the battery. The light on the battery stays lit as stated it should while being charged. Also, the battery is set to approx. 4.2v.

I wanted to write this in case anyone needed info on charging the Vision Spinner 1300mAh battery or what charger to use. This specific charger, which is linked in this post, is said to charge the 1300mAh spinner in about an hour.

Thank you thxone! I was wondering about this issue just now and found this thread after googling, solved that real quick, appreciate cha! ;)

p.s. I recommend you try the Vision Vivi mini nova with your spinner. You won't believe the difference, I'm enjoying it, nice TH, more flavor, more vapor and it's smooooth :)

Last edited:

Amster Dan

May 12, 2013
Central Florida

Can you confirm this through your experience with it now? I have the Vision Spinner and I love it for the fact that it lasts practically all day for me.
I use my Joytech charger that I charge my 1000mah twists on. And it seems to take 4 hours or so for it to charge the spinner. If the charger you mentioned really charges the spinner in an hour I would be on that like white on rice in a heart beat.

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Can you confirm this through your experience with it now? I have the Vision Spinner and I love it for the fact that it lasts practically all day for me.
I use my Joytech charger that I charge my 1000mah twists on. And it seems to take 4 hours or so for it to charge the spinner. If the charger you mentioned really charges the spinner in an hour I would be on that like white on rice in a heart beat.
I have the same charger and it takes about 4-5 hours to charge from when the light on the button flashes to tell me it's empty. It's takes about 2.5 hours to fully charge from about half empty. Hope this helps. :)
Oh yeah, I'm using a Vision Spinner 1300mah. :)

frankfennel

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
US
It flashes that many times to show that it's fully charged. Return the extra charger you bought if you can. Save that plastic and electronics for someone who can use them.

When you screw it on the charger and it needs charging, it flashes only three times. Then it will flash i think 15 times when it's fully charged.

It's kind of innacurate though because you can vape a good 25 puffs or so after it's fully charged, put it back on the charger and it will immediately flash 15X as if it's fully charged.

You shoulda gotten a 3800 mah Smoktech Groove for like $20 more.

DocRokRx

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Tennessee
So just to be clear-
after being on the charger for awhile, my button light has gone off, but the charger light is flashing between green/red.
if i take the battery off and put it back on, the battery light flashes 15/18/20 times and then turns off.
This just means the battery is almost charged, just topping off? or it is totally full and the charger light is just not showing it?

tmoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Madison, AL
So just to be clear-
after being on the charger for awhile, my button light has gone off, but the charger light is flashing between green/red.
if i take the battery off and put it back on, the battery light flashes 15/18/20 times and then turns off.
This just means the battery is almost charged, just topping off? or it is totally full and the charger light is just not showing it?

You're probably right about it 'toping off' and the current is slowing to where the button light doesn't acknowledge it. Don't really know though.
What I do know is that after a couple of months my spinner button completely stopped staying on after the initial blinks. It charged and held a charge fine. I'd try just leaving it on till the charger green light stays on.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Depending on the output of the charger, 4 hours from "dead" is about normal. Some chargers put out 420 mA, some 450.

What I've observed on 1300 and 900 Spinners is that when first put on charge the charger light will go red, the battery light will come on.

Some time later, the battery light will go out. Charger light still red.

Some time later, charger light will begin slow blink to green, back to red.

And then later still, charger light goes green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread