atmizoo by atmizone - General Discussion for current and upcoming Projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Greetings to all ECF members!

This thread has been created by atmizone to host all ECF discussions related to our team's current and upcoming Projects. This will hopefully serve as a meeting place that will help keep other ECF threads as clean as possible.

All comments, technical discussions and tips are welcome - especially discussions/ideas for improvements and suggestions/comments related to projects that are still in development.

If you have a sales/order/support issue that needs a direct, fast response from our staff, please contact us at: support [at] atmizoo.com. Of course, feel free to share any positive or negative experiences here.

Please keep in mind that any suggestions or tips posted in this thread by ECF members express personal views. Of course, we'll do our best to clear any questions or doubts.

Remember to be as specific as possible when sharing technical views and always back up technical claims with the necessary information. ECF members with technical knowledge are encouraged to jump in and contribute to all technical discussions.

Please be critical but not offensive and keep the discussion limited to atmizone projects/products only.

Cheers,
Team Atmizone

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
Not underrated in my book. I can't wait to get a custom IM/Polished Roller. Just waiting for polished parts to restock.

Of course, it's not underrated in my book either by far. It's just I don't see as much talk about the Atmizoo line as I personally think there should be.

My Roller is my EDC mod with Rhodium contacts, this setup is so reliable and easy to EDC.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
:cool::cool::cool: and WAY :cool: !!!! It's about time you opened a thread here!!!!
The Roller is still my all time time most favorite mod of all time, Atmizoo is my most favorite Customer service of all time, which says a LOT, because I've met some mighty fine CS, Modders, Mods, out there to rival the best of them and YOU guys ARE the BEST of THEM. :vapor:

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
Hi Atmizoo,

I have a couple questions about my dingo.

Why was 22.7mm selected for outer diameter? The reason i ask is that the other high-end mods I bought or considered buying come in 22mm or 23mm, and the correspondingly high-end atomizers are also usually those diameters. The only atomizer that I'm currently aware of that would flush-fit the dingo is the Squape.

I also noticed that with an 18650 battery, there is considerable rattle. It also happens in 18350 mode, but I have to use much more force to trigger it. Putting a pair of o-rings around the battery before inserting helped, but I can still bounce the battery off of the positive contact and cause a rattle. Do you have any solutions or suggestions?

If the two question above suggest that I don't like the Dingo, it is definitely not the case. The button is what drew me to the mod, and the button is the reason it is my main daily-carry.

Thanks,
chris

porkchopharry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi Atmizoo,

Why was 22.7mm selected for outer diameter? The reason i ask is that the other high-end mods I bought or considered buying come in 22mm or 23mm, and the correspondingly high-end atomizers are also usually those diameters. The only atomizer that I'm currently aware of that would flush-fit the dingo is the Squape.

I also noticed that with an 18650 battery, there is considerable rattle. It also happens in 18350 mode, but I have to use much more force to trigger it. Putting a pair of o-rings around the battery before inserting helped, but I can still bounce the battery off of the positive contact and cause a rattle. Do you have any solutions or suggestions?

If the two question above suggest that I don't like the Dingo, it is definitely not the case. The button is what drew me to the mod, and the button is the reason it is my main daily-carry.

Thanks,
chris

You realize the bottom cap insert is adjustable? With an allen key inserted into the vent hole, you can adjust that bottom inset up and down.

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
You realize the bottom cap insert is adjustable? With an allen key inserted into the vent hole, you can adjust that bottom inset up and down.

I did find a 3.5mm Allen wrench and tried to turn it, but it wouldn't turn with hand strength. I'm kinda loathe to throw the bottom cap in a vise and possibly mar the brushing.

any suggestions?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Hi Atmizoo,

Thanks,
chris

That's a good question which has some historical value! The Roller was designed to fit some 19mm batteries and the inner / outer tube was designed with that as a major design parameter. The end result was a 22.7mm diameter with a 21mm chamfer diameter at the top of the switch housing. The removable connector hints at plans to connect *something else* there, but that hasn't been built yet.

The Dingo simply inherited the same external diameter, since everything but the main tube is the same.

The extra length when using 2xT3's comes from the fact that a dedicated 18650 tube was not produced. Instead, we went with 2xT3's for a number of reasons: production simplicity, space for fuses in 18650 mode (not always possible with a single T3) & the possibility to adjust the position of the bottom disk, in order to fill some of the extra space.

Last edited:

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
I did find a 3.5mm Allen wrench and tried to turn it, but it wouldn't turn with hand strength. I'm kinda loathe to throw the bottom cap in a vise and possibly mar the brushing.

any suggestions?

You can use a rubber glove to hold it firmly while applying torque with the Allen wrench!

EDIT: Remember - the disk must be turned clockwise to unscrew!

Last edited:

porkchopharry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Los Angeles

any suggestions?

That I'm not sure about. Mine turns easily on my Roller. I can actually turn it without an Allen key. I've never had to mess with it though as I have no rattle on the roller. I DO know that I would have to turn it upwards if I use an 18350 flat top, because I tried it out. But I don't really use flat top 18350's in it so it's a non issue, was just experimenting. I would imagine once you get it turning you'd be good to go though.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Is there a chance to get a second Roller (polished) before I live for my vacations on mid august?
Thanks, Francesco

It's hard to say with certainty - production of SS-P parts is a bit more infrequent but, as always, we are trying to maintain a good flow of stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread