Cinnamon Ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA
Good Morning All,
Last night I wanted to make just plain cinnamon euice. I used the e-juice calculator that can be found on here. There is actually no plain cinnamon recipie on it. Well anyway i made a 2.0 Ml batch at 15 % flavor and it told me to add 10 drops or 0.30 Ml. I followed the mix of PG VG and PG Nic exactly and accurately. I mixed it up put it in my clearomizer and it was WAAAYYYY too strong and it started melting my clearomizer tank. Obviously I cant follow the e-juice calculator when using Loran cinnamon oil. I emptied out my tank cleaned it out and remade the batch this time using only 2 drops of cinnamon oil for the 2.0 ML batch and it seems fine. My quesiton is are there any other oils that are strong like this and the juice calculator cant be used for the ratio? And is there a calculator out there for this cinnamon oil or other similar oils? Thanks in advance.:ohmy:

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I see a few places where your mix may have gone astray. Cinnamon e-liquids are notorious tank melters. You'll need a clearomizer that has a glass tank section instead of polycarbonate. It's unclear whether or not the recipe you were following specified LorAnn as the brand to be used. Also, using drops as a form of measurement can be inaccurate. The only time I use drops as a form of measurement is when the amount of the ingredient being added is too small to use a syringe with any accuracy.

If you're going for a candy cinnamon flavor (not a natural cinnamon flavor), I use TFA Cinnamon Red Hots at 7%.

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA
I don't think it was the e-juice calculator I think you put too much Cinnamon! Someone recommended TFA Cinnamon (Regular) @ 1-2%

Hi Michael I was not saying it was the calculator. I was trying to say that when using Loran Cinnamon Oil you can't use 15% on the calculator. Your 1 -2% that you have here is probably about right. I put 2% flavoring in the calculator and it came up with .04 ml or 1 drop. I was asking also are there any other oils that are this way?

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA
I see a few places where your mix may have gone astray. Cinnamon e-liquids are notorious tank melters. You'll need a clearomizer that has a glass tank section instead of polycarbonate. It's unclear whether or not the recipe you were following specified LorAnn as the brand to be used. Also, using drops as a form of measurement can be inaccurate. The only time I use drops as a form of measurement is when the amount of the ingredient being added is too small to use a syringe with any accuracy.

If you're going for a candy cinnamon flavor (not a natural cinnamon flavor), I use TFA Cinnamon Red Hots at 7%.

Hi Face,
I was not using a plain cinnamon ejuice recipie as the recipie calculator did not have a plain cinnamon recipie. I just followed the reccomendation of lots of posts on here at 15% flavoring and the calculator said .30 ml. I followed that and it was too strong so obiously I cant use a 15% flavor ratio with Loran cinnamon oil. Also I do not use drops as a measurement tool. I use a dropper with a ml scale on it and it is accurate. I mixed it right as per the calculator. I am looking for a glass tank clearomizer this weekend. Thanks.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
as others have said you put too much cinnamon in

i also cringe whenever i see someone using drops as a measurement, you will get wildly inaccurate and inconsistent results that way...if you are an expert mixer with a lot of experience i could see using drops to tweak a thing or something but i think you ought to just get a few syringes and get fairly accurate measurements

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I just followed the reccomendation of lots of posts on here at 15% flavoring and the calculator said .30 ml. I followed that and it was too strong so obiously I cant use a 15% flavor ratio with Loran cinnamon oil.

Was this recommendation for LorAnn or another brand?

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA
as others have said you put too much cinnamon in

i also cringe whenever i see someone using drops as a measurement, you will get wildly inaccurate and inconsistent results that way...if you are an expert mixer with a lot of experience i could see using drops to tweak a thing or something but i think you ought to just get a few syringes and get fairly accurate measurements

Thanks for the reply, as I said above I DONT use drops as a measurment. I use ML. I simply stated in my original post that the calculator said 10 drop.

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA
Flavor intensity varies widely from one manufacturer to another.

Yeah wouldnt it be great if someone made a juice calculator that had all of the various brands of juice flavoring in a drop down box? That way you just choose what brand and flavor of flavoring and the calculator tells you how many ml of that brand to use. That would take a long time and a lot of work to create I bet!!!

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I will say that from personal use...cinnamon is a very over powering flavor...I use it in my clove mix and even at 3% it overpowers all other flavors...and the other flavors are 14%, 7%, 3%, 2% and 1% for a total of 30% flavoring

but yes cinnamon is a tank melter...i used it in a vivi nova with a metal case and it still damaged the inner rubbery pieces (well the whole clove concoction did....)

and oils tend to be stronger than flavorings...a few drops goes a long way...I have clove flavoring and oil...I use flavoring as the base then add a drop or two of oil to give it that extra punch of flavor ;)

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA
I will say that from personal use...cinnamon is a very over powering flavor...I use it in my clove mix and even at 3% it overpowers all other flavors...and the other flavors are 14%, 7%, 3%, 2% and 1% for a total of 30% flavoring

but yes cinnamon is a tank melter...i used it in a vivi nova with a metal case and it still damaged the inner rubbery pieces (well the whole clove concoction did....)

and oils tend to be stronger than flavorings...a few drops goes a long way...I have clove flavoring and oil...I use flavoring as the base then add a drop or two of oil to give it that extra punch of flavor ;)

Thanks alot Shadav, now this is the kind of straight forward information that is helpful. How long you been mixing your own? I also notice you signature says 400 dollars spent on vaping?? How did you spend that much in one month? Just curious, because I have 3 clearomizer units and I have about 5 different comercial e-juices I bought. I just purchaced 24 pack of loran flavors 1pint of PG, 1 Pint of VG and some nicotine. I have only spent a total of about 150 dollars to date. You must have some serious vaping gear I guess lol. Thanks for the informaiton about the flavorings and the Oil. I will be careful when using the oils on my next recipie.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
hahahaha well i've been vaping for about erm...5 months but that was only occasionally....I quite smoking completely a month ago ;)
the majority of my money spent was on my blu kit (ug) and my diy kit :)

i'm still learning but been playing for 4 months...I diy mostly trying to work on a clove juice and a coffee blend...I did a banana chocolate pudding type juice that was actually pretty decent lol

Last edited:

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA

Hi again Shadav,
I just used the e-juice calculator and went to a Djarumn Clove recipe that uses loran clove oil and anise oil. I set the flavor % to 15 % and it says to add .23 ml of Clove oil and .08 ml of Anise oil. My question is will these amounts of these oil be overpowering like the cinnamon was when I used these numbers?

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA
hahahaha well i've been vaping for about erm...5 months but that was only occasionally....I quite smoking completely a month ago ;)
the majority of my money spent was on my blu kit (ug) and my diy kit :)

i'm still learning but been playing for 4 months...I diy mostly trying to work on a clove juice and a coffee blend...I did a banana chocolate pudding type juice that was actually pretty decent lol

Oh I would love a good banana chocolate pudding recipie can u share with me?

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
it'll be strong but that seems about right to what I had done as well...where'd you find the recipe at?
I have one here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/436928-shadavs-clove.html
it's not really djarum, but it's clove ;)

so when you use the oil do you also notice you get a kind of perfume taste?
only made it once so don't sue me lol but it turned out fairly well
[edit]
So, don't sue me...I've only made it once but it was pretty good

so hope you enjoy
I use the eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Flavorings from diyflavorshack but it shouldn't matter where they come from I'd assume

so using 50% pg and 50% vg 60 mg nic at a goal of 24mg nic level for 5ml of juice and 50% flavoring
Banana 26% - 1.3ml - 32 drops
Chocolate 14% - 0.7ml - 18 drops
Bavarian Cream 8% - 0.4ml - 10 drops
Sweetener 2% - 0.1ml - 2 drops
Nicotine 40% - 2ml - 50 drops
Pg - 5% - 0.25ml - 6 drops
Vg 5% - 0.25ml - 6 drops

View attachment 232628
for those that don't use the same calculator lol[/edit]

lol na i've only got one pv 1300 vv spinner...most my money went to my blu kit which has now been passed on to my mother-in-law and my awesome diy kit from diyflavorshack :) comes with everything you could ever need to diy :D and then just odds and ends...

Last edited:

Wicker

Jul 10, 2013
Marysville WA
it'll be strong but that seems about right to what I had done as well...where'd you find the recipe at?
I have one here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-recipes/436928-shadavs-clove.html
it's not really djarum, but it's clove ;)

so when you use the oil do you also notice you get a kind of perfume taste?

View attachment 232610 only made it once so don't sue me lol but it turned out fairly well.

lol na i've only got one pv 1300 vv spinner...most my money went to my blu kit which has now been passed on to my mother-in-law and my awesome diy kit from diyflavorshack :) comes with everything you could ever need to diy :D and then just odds and ends...
View attachment ejuce_calculatorv13-by-scubabatdan1.xls Here is the ejuice calculator I have been refering to. There are several sections. I you look at the pg tab section seven I dropped down the D Clove recipie and it tells you what to add. This calculator has a lot of recipes and all kinds of variations and tabs for PG base Nic, VG base NIC, NO Nic and sor forth check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread