What was your transition from smoking to vaping like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syeroc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
DSM, IA
Mine was pretty uneventful. I vaped and smoked for about 10 days and then just decided that it was time for me to give up the analogs. It's been a little over 100 days and I haven't looked back. As a matter of fact I find the smell of regular cigarettes rather repulsing at this point. I smoked for about 22 years prior to giving them up.

Gematria

Jul 12, 2013
Denmark
I had come to truly hate smoking, so when I ordered my first e-cig I had some anxiety about how easy the transition would be.

It was in fact surprisingly easy, it's probably to do with how much an e-cig mimicks an actual cigarette.

I still haven't given up my cigarettes completely though, but now I'm down to just 1 cigarette a day compared to 25 before and I'm hoping to kick the habbit entirely before the end of the week.

I also agree on the taste front: There is hardly much variability in the taste of different brands of cigarettes, but there is huge variability in the taste of different e-liquids, which leaves me excited to try out loads of new flavors in the future.

ilanstylz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
SoCal
When I first tried quitting I purchased a V2 starter kit and it only lasted a few days before I picked up a real cig. again (v2 just didn't cut it and the batteries died quickly)........... Then my coworker introduced me to vaping with his ego-twist and it was easy to quit once I got my Innokin itaste in, I just loved how there is so many choices on devices and juices etc that it was easy for me to quit. Smoked for over 16 years and now its been more than a month since I quit smoking.........

tmoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Madison, AL
I was probably one of the lucky ones. I smoked my last cigarette about 9am Dec 23. I fired up my first ever e-cig about 10am Dec 23. Seamless transition. It surprised me, taking nominal effort.
I do think the novelty might have worn off after a couple of months, and the cravings would have been strong, if I hadn't elevated this to 'hobby level'. Much to my surprise, now I'm puffing on mechanical mods, rewrapping my own coils, and even mixing my own juice. Surprising because I went the first two months on simple pen style 510 batteries and cartos. The little things worked fine with a little motivation.

MikeJA

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
California
Pretty easy (and unintentional) transition for me.

I started vaping hoping that it would help me cut down on the amount of cigarettes I was smoking. I didn't really intend to quit smoking altogether. After about two weeks I was down from about a pack a day to just two or three cigarettes a day. After a few days of smoking just a couple of cigarettes a day, I figured it was time to stop completely. A few cravings persisted for a month or so, but eventually those passed. I'd just vape like crazy when they occurred.

Will be two years cig-free in October.

ca_girl2tx_girl

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Corinth, TX
When I first started vaping, it helped drop me to about 4 analogs a day, but I was also trying to find juices that matched my preferred analogs as well (Camel Light 99s). When the owner of my local B&M found out I was still smoking, he suggested trying a flavor that was something sweet so I gave it a shot and 2 days later, I was analog free. The first week was hard, not because I was craving one, but because I had working my smoking into my daily routine, so with not smoking, I felt like I was forgetting to do something. What did to fix that is I would vape at those times that I was used to smoking and after the first week, everything was fine. My mother-in-law still smokes, she has tried vaping from my device or my husbands device and she just can't do it. She says that she feels her lungs filling up with moisture (she is prone to bronchitis and pneumonia). When she goes out to smoke, my husband and I can smell it and it is horrible.

Texasman2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Corinth, TX
I had bought a ego starter kit for me and my wife back in march. it cut us back on smoking a lot and like someone else said in this thread, I just decided to quit the analogs all together, there were a couple of days in the beginning that I wanted an analog, but with switching flavors I ended up not wanting a analog at all. Me and my wife are almost 3 months of not smoking. I love the fact that I can wake up in the morning and not weeze and I don't cough up flem. so the transtition was fairly quick and not as bad as I thought it would be.

chellemakepeace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Atlanta
Mine was a bit slow starting, i did not want to push myself to totally "not smoke" at first. I allowed myself a transition period, where I could have a drag, or a smoke if I really wanted, but I tried to use the cigalike most of the time.

I have found now, that after three weeks, I rarely "crave" an analog, and I am VERY happy with my vaping habit!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I was one of the lucky ones that found the "transition" almost too easy. And that was a total surprise considering I'd been a heavy smoker for decades. I ordered my kit..and when it was delivered I was smoking a cigarette. I knocked off the ash...pulled out my new "toy" and fired 'er up. That was that. I never picked up the half cigarette in the ashtray again....and never smoked again.

I still have that half cigarette...in it's pack. A sort of memento I guess. Of course, after two years...it's pretty crispy and yuck. lol!

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
on day 2 being analog free, currently waiting for my vamo and other goodies to arrive. using logic disposables now and it's been working for me so far. Still get cravings but that's to be expected. The transition for me has not been that bad, whenever i get a craving for an analog i just pic up the disposable. it's not the most satisfying, i'm hoping the vamo and some mbv juices will fix that.

gr1llmeacheese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Aurora, IL, USA
For me I was another that hated cigarettes but felt chained to them. The day I decided to go full bore I ordered a cig-alike kit and a few packs of cartos from Jetcigs.com, went out and bought my last pack of analogs and a disposable Blu menthol to hold me over until the mail came.

2 days later I hadn't bought another pack but had gotten another Blu and was pleasantly surprised by my kit showing up. The flavors were really solid for a prefilled carto company and I have only smoked on two occasions since, once because I ran out of juice and once because a battery died.

I have no desire to go back and despite this being just a replacement habit I am enjoying it quite a bit more and my family seems relieved that I am not smoking.

My first order of Bobas Bounty and Gorilla Juice come in tomorrow, I feel like 2 months in I am finally a real vaper. :)

Worth noting I have upgraded since starting. I don't intend to vape Boba's or GJ on a cig-alike.

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
7/11 cheap ecig, to v2 starter kit, halo triton tank and then a vamo with a protank :)

Pretty much the same here, too. Easy switch for me, PAD+ for 25 years. Didn't smoke once I got the V2 kit, but quickly realized it wasn't enough battery power and found fasttech for a ego starter set. I've still just got egos, but only only because I really can't afford better right now. And I'm already into DIY juice to save $$.

Well I just got my carton of pall mall red 100's. My bro from Cali said he had been cigarette free (liar he still smokes but don't buy them which defeats the purpose) for 6 months and told me that I should start vaping and quit the analogs.

Well he told me about an e-cig store that was close to where I live and it is called pink spot vapors located in las vegas nv. So I went there and my first thought like many others is to buy an e-cig that looks like a CIG so I got their 510 e-cig starter kit and it was $42 no e-liquid so I bought 2 12ml bottles and it cost an extra $20 so I said OK I'm set. I tried it and knowing I have to drip the liquid into the carto I said this is not to bad. So I said I don't want to waste this I went and finished my carton of cigs within that week.

I went and started vaping straight from that that pack of smokes. After a week of vaping my taste came back and I was able to smell things I never smelled before. Strange thing is I never had an urge for an analog so I was happy. I started noticing I was chain vaping and that little e-cig battery was not enough so I went back to pink spot and bought the ego c-twist starter kit and the battery was bigger.

I vaped on that with clearos and finally bought a udct tank cargo with a 1.5ohm resistance. Now grant you this whole time I devoted myself to self teach about all the different products as far as tanks, batteries, cleros, cartos, atomizors, mods, dripping atties, and rebuildables. At this point I was vaping between 3.7 volts to 4.0 volts and I realize that the ego batteries were not enough so I ordered a vamo v3.

After vaping on this vamo v3 for a week I think it has been the best investment I ever made I have 2 2200mah batteries protected and 1 battery last me 16 hours so with 2 that is 32 hours of vape time which to me I love. I do plan on getting 2 3400mah batteries to see how long they last. My while experience with this has been awesome. I get questioned all the time "is that an electronic cigarette?" And also "do they really work?" My answer I give them to both "yes!!!" Lol. I tell them that most people get bad experiences when they see an electronic CIG at a gas station or like me back in 2009 when njoy had their e-CIG it was horrible they had the CIG look alike and you had to puncture the heating element into the cartage which heated this glue like substance. Vaping on those kind of e-cigs will turn people away but if they do the e-juice kind where you drip or fill yourself they will have a totally different experience.

I'm glad I started vaping but my friends and relatives say you vape more than you smoked and yes I do but it is keeping me off the anologs and that is the point of the e-cig not like some vape stores they advertise "switching to e-cigs gives you the freedom of smoking anywhere you want with no odor, tar, harsh chemicals" no that is not the point I respect those who find it offensive for vaping in not smoking spots most don't say anything because they clearly see it is an e-cig. Well sorry for bursting out like that but my point is to help smokers get off the anolog. Not for non smokers to start vaping, not for people under the age of 18 or the one I hate that I see online a lot is the ones who vape hemp oil that kills the reason for us vapors. Well this is my story I hope you liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread