Vamo v2 won't laways fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
I have 3 vamo's and all V2's. I wrapped one with black mamba and of course it's the one that won't fire right away most times. Press the button and nothing for like 5 seconds. It works flawlessly sometimes intermittent other times?? I've never dropped it or anything? Any suggestions would be appreciated.:blink: It doesn't matter what is on it, protank, Victory, ce4 or 5.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Just a guess, check to make sure the board is properly aligned with the buttons. You can peek in through the bottom, at the top of the battery compartment and very gently try rotating it into alignment if it's off. You didn't mention how the "up" and "down" buttons work which, if there's a problem there as well, would further indicate alignment problems. Net guess is a bad switch or bad solder joint on the switch.

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
I have the same problem but only when I use a single 18350 or a single 18650. Stacked 18350's fires all the time, immediately. Single batteries fire sometimes, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes not at all. Then repress and sometimes fires.

I have contact, menu system always works. Just will not get consistent fires. So far no help on this. I'm baffled. If anyone has a suggestion I'm willing to listen.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
sfeltch, mine is just like yours, menu is fine all is well except the late fire. I am using button top efast in 350 mode. I'm running 2 v2's in 350 mode and 1 in 650 and they work great except 1 of the 350's. I will try some of the mentioned. Thanksall.
I have the same problem but only when I use a single 18350 or a single 18650. Stacked 18350's fires all the time, immediately. Single batteries fire sometimes, sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes not at all. Then repress and sometimes fires.

I have contact, menu system always works. Just will not get consistent fires. So far no help on this. I'm baffled. If anyone has a suggestion I'm willing to listen.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Just a guess, check to make sure the board is properly aligned with the buttons. You can peek in through the bottom, at the top of the battery compartment and very gently try rotating it into alignment if it's off. You didn't mention how the "up" and "down" buttons work which, if there's a problem there as well, would further indicate alignment problems. Net guess is a bad switch or bad solder joint on the switch.

awsum, All buttons and menu is fine. If I hold the switch for 5 to 10 seconds it will fire so its not a total fail just inconsistent fires.

pmg1944

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Cruces, NM USA
My wife and I have several VAMO's one of hers did the same thing what I found was inside the 510 connector if you look down there is a cream color washer under connector plate if you screw some tanks down to tight it causes it not to fire I used asmall screw driver to lift the plate up and realign the washer/gasket beneath it has fired everytime like a champ since.
may not be same problem you are experiencing but just a thought ... good luck

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Thanks PMG, I will check it out
My wife and I have several VAMO's one of hers did the same thing what I found was inside the 510 connector if you look down there is a cream color washer under connector plate if you screw some tanks down to tight it causes it not to fire I used asmall screw driver to lift the plate up and realign the washer/gasket beneath it has fired everytime like a champ since.
may not be same problem you are experiencing but just a thought ... good luck

grazia15

Verified Member
Jun 5, 2011
Brazil
I am having the same issue on my Vamo V2 when the battery gets as low as 3.9v, i have tried 3 different batteries with the same results, when the battery is full it doesn´t happend, after it drops a little it starts to do this... And it happend on my other mods like the ZMax... Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited:

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
I tried the above youtube video after I post the above but couldn't get the top piece to move. It's on too tight. While looking around in the inside, I see some dark tiny stain on the (+) pin. Scraping it off with a flat screw driver seem to fix the problem. I am not sure if it's a real fixed but it has not happen the whole day.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I had the same issue with my VAMO V2. Ended up replacing it with an SVD. The V2 was great for its time, but it's far surpassed by the SVD and it appears the V3. You might want to try a thorough cleaning. Also, even though they were made to be able to use stacked 18350 batteries, the place I bought mine from no longer honors warranty claims if you stack batteries because they had too many issues that way.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
For fair comparison, may I ask how long have you had each of your Vamo and SVD? And how much usage of each?

I bought the VAMO last December. I've had the SVD for 20 days or so. Both had been used exclusively since I bought them (the VAMO from December up until I purchased the SVD, and the SVD since I bought it). The SVD is a really well thought out device. I believe the VAMO V3 takes care of many of my complaints about the earlier versions of the VAMO, but not all (drip ring does not help support heavier tanks, I prefer the telescoping ability of the SVD, I think the SVD looks classier, and the design of the battery cap is done in a way that it resists damaging batteries if overtightened). One area I don't know if it's a plus or minus yet is the center pin spring loaded so you don't have to worry about different heads pushing it in -- on the other hand, depending on the design it may mean juice can get inside the unit more easily (this is more of an issue for dripping) so I'll have to wait and see if that's an issue or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread