Green Smoke doing "study" - needs participants!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
At first I thought this was just another FREE ecig offer, but as I read the 'fine print', this is what I found:

Yes, they will send you a Free kit... and no money is involved, but they want you to participate in a survey and be part of a "study"**, beginning in Aug. and lasting for 3 months... with possible compensation for doing so.

Read the "Trial Details" at the bottom of their page for more info!!

https://www.smokingchannel.net/adstore/index/survey/

This is evidently being sponsored by Green Smoke, and the shipping notice I received (within 1 hr. of signing up, I might add) was for this:

1 GSIB-001 GS Intro Kit Blister Absolute tobacco - Full (1.8%)
green-smoke-intro-kit.jpg~original

Personally, I think it's great that an ecig company is doing a study... let's just hope that their motives/intentions are good!! ;)

** "A randomized double blind placebo controlled study to investigate the safety of Popular Nicotine Delivery Device in healthy adult volunteers."

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Got my sample yesterday. 2 auto batteries, 2 Menthol Cartos and a USB charger all fit inside a boxed cigarette pack. I'm giving it to my mom who is a menthol smoker in hopes it'll help bring her over which is doubtful since nothing else I've tried during the last 3+ years has worked but it's worth another shot.

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
There are only 2 questions I have about this before I sign up:

1) Does anyone know who Green Smoke is? The company? Where they are based and who, if anyone, backs them?

2) I tried to click on the "terms and conditions" link when signing up and it didn't show them to me. Did anyone else have that issue?

1. All I can say is that Green Smoke has been around for quite a while, and I'm sure that a Google search could turn up some more info on them... but that are one of the few ecig companies I've ever seen that actually have the BBB link on their site!!

Here is what it says:
https://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/tobacco-products-retail/green-smoke-in-miami-fl-92018438

2. IDK why the link didn't work for you, but everything about the sample AND the study were very well explained on the links that I saw... and they were also prompt in answering I question that I had sent to them via their support system.

FYI: I started another thread about this where there has been a little more discussion about it:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/media-general-news/440058-green-smoke-doing-study-safety-ecigs.html

Last edited:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Got my sample yesterday. 2 auto batteries, 2 Menthol Cartos and a USB charger all fit inside a boxed cigarette pack. I'm giving it to my mom who is a menthol smoker in hopes it'll help bring her over which is doubtful since nothing else I've tried during the last 3+ years has worked but it's worth another shot.

You got TWO batts!! You must have said you were a heavier smoker... LOL!!

My kit is going to somebody at my Dr.s office... there are already 2 patients and one staff member that I have helped out there... :) plus I'm sure they will be interested in the study, too!!

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
1. All I can say is that Green Smoke has been around for quite a while, and I'm sure that a Google search could turn up some more info on them... but that are one of the few ecig companies I've ever seen that actually have the BBB link on their site!!

Here is what it says:
https://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/tobacco-products-retail/green-smoke-in-miami-fl-92018438

2. IDK why the link didn't work for you, but everything about the sample AND the study were very well explained on the links that I saw... and they were also prompt in answering I question that I had sent to them via their support system.

FYI: I started another thread about this where there has been a little more discussion about it:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/media-general-news/440058-green-smoke-doing-study-safety-ecigs.html

Thanks! I saw the BBB icon and looked up their info on the BBB website. They get really high marks.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I got mine a couple of days ago - it was free, so not complaining, but letting others know my experience of this product:

Comes with 2 cartos, which lasted me all of 2 days, using them occasionally

I got the Absolute Tobacco flavor - wasn't bad

The battery charge does not last long

With the coupon code you get in the booklet that comes with the e-cig, a pack of 5 cartos costs about $12-13 plus shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread