Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I believe all of the manufacturers are in China. The big problem in ordering from China is the delay in customs (plus Chinese New Year is just starting.) If you order from a U.S. supplier (the ones listed at the bottom of this forum are all excellent and there are other great ones as well), they've already done the waiting for it to clear customs for you.

Every supplier has starter kits. Step one is figuring out which model will be right for you. I started out with a DSE801 (I smoked 120mm analogs so I like the extra length). I added a Joye510. I'm happy with both but I like the larger cart on the 801.

Read The Wonderful World of vaping in the ECF Library. It will help you figure out which model is right for you plus it will answer a lot of questions you didn't even know you had.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
There are some really good USA made battery units that come as a kit! (atts, batteries and chargers come from China, as do you cell phones, etc.). Bonus is that you'll only swap out a battery maybe once a day with a battery unit (depending on what you get).

The SP2 (Spark Plug) comes with everything you need including atty and liquid, cartridges, batteries and charger. Good price ($74.95) and is incredibly small and light weight with a bottom mechanical button on it. (I'd pick up a few extra attys).

Here is a link: SP2

Plus they have everything on the site available with a coupon code for $5 off a first order (code FIRSTTIME at check out) or coupon 5OFF for 5% off your total order.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I just picked up mine yesterday and LOVE it.

I picked up the Protege full kit from Puresmoker, and had everything I needed to get started - I suspect by reading this forum and gathering advice that I was able to avoid many of the pitfalls of first time vapers. I will suggest that if you want to skip all the aggravations, you should just go and get a Silver Bullett, several batteries and attys, and some juice. If I were starting again, thats what I'd do!

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I picked up the Protege full kit from Puresmoker, and had everything I needed to get started - I suspect by reading this forum and gathering advice that I was able to avoid many of the pitfalls of first time vapers. I will suggest that if you want to skip all the aggravations, you should just go and get a Silver Bullett, several batteries and attys, and some juice. If I were starting again, thats what I'd do!

I with you on the Protege' but add to it the usb passthru along with the base kit. Gives you both portable, long use and at the pc desktop hits all in a very nice, sleek looking package.

The SB would be a bit big for my communting likes and knowing the way I vape, I'd be chewing thru at least 3 sets of batts on my 801's :D

Maybe they think it's a drug reference. Slang for da kb bomb. That is what it means to me anyways. ;)

Yikes! I did see a Simpsons episode where McBain went up against a drug cartel that was selling "that word that shall remain un-typed" - said drug was "10 times more addictive than marijuana"

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
Yes - I just ordered the USB thingy! And the Protege is definitely s.... looking for sure.

(edited twice! I can't believe this message board doesn't like the word that starts with an "s" and is followed by a "w", and then "ank". Weird.)

I don't think it's the word that starts with an "s". I think it's the word that starts with a "w" after that, which is also sometimes followed by an "er". lol

I don't think it's the word that starts with an "s". I think it's the word that starts with a "w" after that, which is also sometimes followed by an "er". lol

Yeah - perhaps the person who programmed the word filters on this board is a Brit, one with hairy palms and a guilty conscience! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread