Best place to find wick and wire for diy coil building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
well temco is probably all you will ever need for wire.
and wick is everywhere but it helps to know what kind, silica or mesh as some places have a better deal on one then the other(many vendors act like this stuff is a rare gift sometimes sheesh)

but silica all over amazon and ebay. mesh from okcvapes or stemmonkey.

ilanstylz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
SoCal
As the title says new to vaping and don't want to search high and low when most here know their goto place for these things already.

Would be nice if the place had everything you would need and all types but I can live with cheap prices and a few vendors if need be.

Ebay, ebay, ebay...... Seriously it's the cheapest place I've found for either kanthal or ribbon wire as well as mult. size wicks, I recommend getting ekowool wick if price is not an issue. It's 3X+ more expensive than regular wick but to me it's well worth it......

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Ebay, ebay, ebay...... Seriously it's the cheapest place I've found for either kanthal or ribbon wire as well as mult. size wicks, I recommend getting ekowool wick if price is not an issue. It's 3X+ more expensive than regular wick but to me it's well worth it......

Why is ekowool worth the extra $?

ilanstylz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
SoCal

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Just a personal gripe:
if you see the wire you want on ebay and its temco. go to the website direct

Temco is on our side, as such they set up several informative pages about wire, resistance, materials, surface area etc. these guys are not just vendors they are very well trained and informed in what they do and produce many products as well as provide much technical support in their respective industries.

And i hate seeing ebay get any part of their profits.
/gripe mode ended..................

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
I personally use The Vape Mesh Company, since they sell the wire, the silica, the ekowool, the mesh, the ribbon kanthal and the stainless steel cable all in one place.

Upside for me, they are UK based, so fast/cheap shipping to my house off base here.

Downside for you, they'll have to ship it to the US to get it to you, so will cost more and take a little longer.

You couldn't go wrong with the other suggestions here though.

fccwpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Rosamond, CA
Just a personal gripe:
if you see the wire you want on ebay and its temco. go to the website direct

Temco is on our side, as such they set up several informative pages about wire, resistance, materials, surface area etc. these guys are not just vendors they are very well trained and informed in what they do and produce many products as well as provide much technical support in their respective industries.

And i hate seeing ebay get any part of their profits.
/gripe mode ended..................

I concur 100%

I got 100 feet of Kanthal A1 32AWG for $6.08 from them shipped. Bought Friday, received Monday. I am sure that I will never use that much, but it beats buying it for $1 per foot like the B&M near me charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread