Difference between ego t and ego c-twist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Can anyone tell me the difference between the ego batteries? I noticed that there is a bunch of different products out there. Ive seen ego t's, ego c's, ego c twists and now vision ego twists and othe generic ego style batteries. They all look the same to me. Can anyone recommend the best product, or is there something different I should use with a Kanger t3s.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
The biggest differences are simply size (mah) and voltage type (variable/fixed). There are a ton of knockoffs from genuine joyetech out there. Most are fine. Some stink.

The mah ratings in simpleton terms...the amount of vape time. You can kinda use the rule of thumb that 650's last 6 hours, 900's last 9 hours, 1100 last 11 hours, etc. Depends on how much you vape of course and some other variables like resistance of the head. It's not a bad estimate though.

Variable voltages are really popular and for good reasons. Being able to dial your voltage means you can get an optimal vape with any head or juice. Think of the variable dial as a volume knob on a radio. Want more flavor and vapor? Just turn it up. Going to bed and want a nice light vape? Just turn it down.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
5. Smoktech Winder - http://www.madvapes.com/smok-ego-winder-900mah-variable-volt-battery.html (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I find the t-3's more airy and lighter than the evods. They didn't work well for me with fixed voltage but that is just an opinion from my experience. I think t-3's and evods are outstanding inexpensive tanks for vv's.

Hard to beat the combination of a good variable voltage stick batt with an evod on top. A couple of tanks, a handful of coils, some great juice, you're in business. Really hard to beat the Protank with an airflow controller:

http://www.madvapes.com/tank-airflow-controller.html

What was once an occasional vape because it's just such an airy draw, is completely customized with the controller. I have tons of evods and truly love them, but the addition of the AFC to the Protank was a game changer for me. Highly recommended.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
oh bill....make it stop....lol

I've been eyeing the protank for weeks. I'm going to wait until the new version is up on FT and pair it with the vamo kit. THAT should be the last investment for a while right? RIGHT???

I'm thrilled with evods for the budget tank. I can't find a better one for ease of maintenance, simple head cleaning/replacement, and great vape. The only downside is plastic but who cares for $5-6.

peakcomm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Somewhere in the US in my RV
They look the same because they are basically the same. An eGO is a battery type, larger in diameter than a cig-alike, that features both 510 and eGo threads, so it's compatible with a wide range of popular delivery devices. Most of the suffixes (-c, -t) are just branding for various accessory bundles. For example, the -c comes with a cartomizer, while the -t comes with a tank system. Prefixes (Joyetech, Vision, Smoktek) usually are branding for the vendors, who are not necessarily the manufacturers -- all of these devices are made in China and many are made in the same factories, side-by-side. You'll find lots of opinions on this forum about the value/quality/reliability each vendor brings to the party.

The batteries themselves are identical in form and intended function. All of them will work with your Kanger T3s. You want to look at battery capacity (650/900/1100 mah) to see how long the battery will last between charges -- about an hour/100 mah. Other than that, shop for price, customer service and consistent quality.

The big EXCEPTION to the above is the variable voltage feature. An eGo Twist (or a Vision Spinner, Smoktech Winder, KGo VV, and maybe some others I don't know) adds the ability to adjust the voltage sent by your eGo battery to the atomizer in your delivery device. Choosing the resistance in your atomizer (for instance, 1.8 ohms or 2.4 ohms) and pairing it with the right voltage from your battery (usually between 3-5 volts) allows you to tailor the vapor produced by your set-up. Changing the voltage, even in small increments, can make a noticeable difference in the taste, temperature and quantity of vapor you get.

Many vapers are perfectly happy with their non-VV eGo devices, and I'd guess most start there. However, in the never-ending search for a better vape, many consider VV to be a significant upgrade. What you choose will depend on your budget, what you need in terms of battery life, and how eager you are to get "fiddly" with your device.

Generally, I think Joyetech, Vision and Kanger are considered top-line brands in eGo devices. Many would also include Smoktech in that line-up. As you'd expect, "no-name" generics can vary widely in quality, but may be such a good deal that they're worth the risk. If you're shopping for your first eGO, I'd recommend you pick a top brand. And buy two. You always need a backup.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Great post peakcomm. I bought an 1100mah smoktech winder for $20 and it's a workhorse. Not a single issue. I was nervous at first because of some of the posts in this forum but i was at a b&m and couldn't resist. I don't think there's much to worry about with knockoffs and genuine. Yea, maybe the total lifespan will be shorter but price is a tradeoff. I think a fair strategy when trying new things is to not have to worry about top of the line. Start with midgrade and see if you like it first. A top of the line batt means nothing if it doesn't work for the individual.

I really can't say enough good things about vv batts though. I have yet to find a person that doesn't consider it a major upgrade from a fixed one. My wife was reluctant to go vv because it seemed to her like it required too much fiddling. But she kept borrowing mine...lol. I got her an itaste 3.0 yesterday and she's thrilled. I don't think her non-vv batt is going to get much use for a while.

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I really can't say enough good things about vv batts though. I have yet to find a person that doesn't consider it a major upgrade from a fixed one. My wife was reluctant to go vv because it seemed to her like it required too much fiddling. But she kept borrowing mine...lol. I got her an itaste 3.0 yesterday and she's thrilled. I don't think her non-vv batt is going to get much use for a while.

My non-VV batteries are currently collecting dust. They are knockoff eGos (1100 mAh supposedly but I don't think so) that came with my starter kit and while certainly an upgrade from my 510 batteries, they pale in comparison to my VV batts. I have a Smoktech Winder and an eGo Twist, both of which perform nicely. 1100 mAh will last me all day on average and the adjustable voltage is a great feature to have for different delivery devices.

For the OP, I would recommend getting a couple VV batteries. You'll be glad you did. :D

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
It shouldn't burn at all at low voltage unless you are using a low ohm head like 1.8 or something like that. I mostly use 2.4s+/- and can crank close to 4.6 with any juice with no burning. Find out the resistance of the head you are using. I personally recommend nothing lower than a 2.2ohm head with vv batts.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Nick, maybe someone else can chime in but you shouldn't be burning any liquid at 3.2v/2.4ohms unless the battery is pumping something else, the resistance is way lower than advertised or there is some sort of other problem. Maybe not wicking enough juice? Sometimes the vacuum in the tank can act up. I've unscrewed a tank to let air in and put it back to fix a few things.

When I run 3.2 on any of my vv's there is barely any crackling and light vapor. I don't think the problem is the juice. It's most likely something else.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
oh bill....make it stop....lol

I've been eyeing the protank for weeks. I'm going to wait until the new version is up on FT and pair it with the vamo kit. THAT should be the last investment for a while right? RIGHT???

I'm thrilled with evods for the budget tank. I can't find a better one for ease of maintenance, simple head cleaning/replacement, and great vape. The only downside is plastic but who cares for $5-6.

When you do make the jump, make sure and get the airflow controller. Allows you to customize the draw, and makes a huge difference! Highly recommended. Best to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread