EGO Threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I think I'm missing something here, I keep seeing lack of EGO threads being mentioned as a strike against the Provari. Is there some magical vape device that only has EGO threads that I have some how never heard about? Do people really contemplate spending $150 on a mod and then get upset because they can't use a $2 dollar device on it? Maybe I'm missing something, but when I started with EGO's I don't remember their being any EGO threaded devices that worked all that great. I guess I assume the people moving up to a higher end mod would also be upgrading their vape devices as well. I was going to post this in the general, but you all know how most Provari posts end up. I have a bunch of Cleros, but they go on twists, Iv never been upset that I cant run them on my provari.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Seriously?

I think I'm missing something here, I keep seeing lack of EGO threads being mentioned as a strike against the Provari. Is there some magical vape device that only has EGO threads that I have some how never heard about? Do people really contemplate spending $150 on a mod and then get upset because they can't use a $2 dollar device on it? Maybe I'm missing something, but when I started with EGO's I don't remember their being any EGO threaded devices that worked all that great. I guess I assume the people moving up to a higher end mod would also be upgrading their vape devices as well. I was going to post this in the general, but you all know how most Provari posts end up. I have a bunch of Cleros, but they go on twists, Iv never been upset that I cant run them on my provari.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Well, I "wish" all equipment is compatible with each other but that's not the way it is. Yeah, it's a bummer that if I want to use cartos I have to buy the right size ones to fit the tanks I already have. The best plan is to make sure you've saved up enough before making expensive purchases so you can afford a $2.49 adapter.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
Seriously?

No seriously...............
not really .
Did the post sound snobbish?
Mostly I was board and not feeling all that serious.
Is there some really Bad ... device that uses ego threads?
Is EGO versus 510 a touchy subject? Like VHS vs Beta max, Blue Ray vs HD DVD, Coke vs Pepsi?
But no, not seriously, well sort of. I just read in a post, (not about Provari) it was about another high end mod, it listed all these great features yadyada and the first reply was "It's cool, but it doesn't have EGO threading" and I just can't help thinking..............so what. I don't understand it as I have never really been attached to a Ego threaded device.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
You always hear the jokes about how Phallic some Tube Mods look.........I think the V9 is the first mod intentionally made that way. How do you think they sold the design. You think any market research was conducted before they went ahead with production? I wonder what the focus group was like..........." Ok laddies, we have here three items, please pick the one out you would most likely put in your mouth............" You would think at some point some one would of taken a step back and went "hey wait! this thing looks like a Johnson!" I wonder if these are all the rage in China. I hope we are not seeing the forerunner of a new design trend in Chinese made mods....I wonder what the Vamo V4 will look like.
Oh jeez, it's catching on.......it's even called the "Swordsman", check out it's extended configuration.
$18.84 Swordsman Telescoping Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment - pink at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
You always hear the jokes about how Phallic some Tube Mods look.........I think the V9 is the first mod intentionally made that way. How do you think they sold the design. You think any market research was conducted before they went ahead with production? I wonder what the focus group was like..........." Ok laddies, we have here three items, please pick the one out you would most likely put in your mouth............" You would think at some point some one would of taken a step back and went "hey wait! this thing looks like a Johnson!" I wonder if these are all the rage in China. I hope we are not seeing the forerunner of a new design trend in Chinese made mods....I wonder what the Vamo V4 will look like.
Oh jeez, it's catching on.......it's even called the "Swordsman", check out it's extended configuration.
$18.84 Swordsman Telescoping Electronic Cigarette Battery Compartment - pink at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I think the Tesla would have scored higher with your focus group...

Tesla%20Mod-500x500.jpg

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
The answer is pretty much the EVOD and other kanger Ego devices. Those are IMO some of the best devices you can get and they will handle everything an APV can throw at it. You can even go subohm on them. The Protank exists because of the lack of an ego thread on many APVs.

Personally I am a fan of the Ego thread even on full size APVs, I like the security and strength of the larger threads. Absolutely not a dealbreaker though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread