New REO and some mad science...Muh hahahaha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicianx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Paducah, Kentucky
My second REO arrived today. I also bought some things at Radio Shack to see if it is better then noalox. I got some deoxit and a circuit writer pen. I took my old REO's hood off to get to the firing pen. I saw on another thread where a guy had used this pen on his mech mod and it vastly improved his conductivity. So I figured why not give it a try and let the reonaughts know how it goes. Noalox doesn't bother me, it's just kind of a lint magnet. I'm not a pro pic poster so forgive me.

newreo.jpg

New REO.

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Nice looking REO, Tech. I tried to try the circuit writer pen. Well, I mean, 24 hour dry time, best results @ 4 mil. (4 thousandths of an inch?). I was trying to refurbish a battery top, as well as a dab on my firing pin. Anyhoo, 24 hours later, it scratched right off. Got the full refund (one nice thing about that place, no harm, no foul). Yes, I did a thorough cleaning aforehand.

Eager to see if your results are better.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Eager to see if your results are better.

Same here. looking forward to the results. I remember reading that post, seems he used it on a k100 and got a bit of improvement.

Lovin' the new reo Doc, congrats!

edit: Doc, I just gotta add, I was totally rolling over that vid you did where you had the smartphone taped to the front of that box with vapor boiling around your head. Lmao, "I want to be the dragon!"

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Sweet looking new mod TechX. Congrats bro. I have a request. Would it be possible for you to post your results in video form and use those 2 tools you used to measure in your first video? And the music? I crack up just thinking about that video. I think I'm gonna go watch that and Bens video again now.

Oh, and your gonna use a tankometer right, for really accurate, scientific scientist results?

Don't science rock :)

technicianx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Paducah, Kentucky
Same here. looking forward to the results. I remember reading that post, seems he used it on a k100 and got a bit of improvement.

Lovin' the new reo Doc, congrats!

edit: Doc, I just gotta add, I was totally rolling over that vid you did where you had the smartphone taped to the front of that box with vapor boiling around your head. Lmao, "I want to be the dragon!"

:laugh: Thanks for the kind words and if you watch the other guys video. He does about the same thing.

technicianx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Paducah, Kentucky
Sweet looking new mod TechX. Congrats bro. I have a request. Would it be possible for you to post your results in video form and use those 2 tools you used to measure in your first video? And the music? I crack up just thinking about that video. I think I'm gonna go watch that and Bens video again now.

Oh, and your gonna use a tankometer right, for really accurate, scientific scientist results?

Don't science rock :)

:laugh: But of course. Those Chinese made inline meters, tell no lies!

Last edited:

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
As some of you figured out, don't even bother using the circuit writer pen, it's not designed to be used like that anyways. It's for fixing damaged pcb traces then coated with an overcoat (conformal coating).I don't use noalox. I have deoxit & progold that I use for everything but I have them in pens. I wiped all the noalox off my Reos like a week after I got them. All I do is apply gold pro to the firing pin every 2-3 battery changes and/or the battery's button top. My firing pins never spark. I don't even bother with deoxit anymore. I tried it a few times & it always wiped of clean. No sparking means no oxidizing so there's nothing for the deoxit to clean.

c2471cb2-deaa-4f4a-85b1-5c52eb5e49a5_zps1426d7ea.jpg

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I took the delrin insert out so I could get a good shot on the firing pen...

View attachment 235187

One word of warning on the removal and reinstall of the screw holding the delrin insert.

The screw threads into the body of the REO. It is very easy to strip. Use care and caution when applying pressure and do not over tighten.

It is not recommended to remove the delrin insert unless it is necessary for repairs.

Awkwardly Awesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Minnesota
Question for those who tinker with your REOs and RM2's...do you tinker with everything (computers, other forms of electronics, cars, motorcycles, model planes, household plumbing, etc.)?

Yep... I will modify anything that I think I can improve. My cars, my computers, and anything else I can my hands on. I am a mechanical drafter/designer though so it is pretty much all I think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread