What is the best Mech Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vedra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
California
To be honest, the k100 is a solid piece of kit. There are many other expensive mods out there with serial numbers and pretty logos, but that's about all the difference, really. People can argue about minuscule amounts of voltage drop, but mechanically speaking, performance doesn't get a whole lot better than a k100 with sanded contacts.
As far as the best, that's a very subjective question because what one person sees as a positive attribute, another may dislike. I am partial to Solid tubes. Some folks don't like them because they dont telescope.
The best advice I can give you is the same advice I give about ar15 lower receivers: find one with a roll mark that you like from a reputable company, and call it a day.

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
I have a Smok Magneto and it is wonderful for the price. I should have a Super-T ELA one of these days but I'm sure the wait will be worth it. Another post here hit the nail on the head too. You sorta need to know what you want out of a mech before you start shopping.
Do you want a flat top, what diameter, does it matter what size batteries they take, would you prefer a bottom side switch, top side switch, bottom switch, telescopic, etc, etc?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Perhaps impossible to answer without more specifics. Best in what way? Best in what price range? Best Clone? Best finish? Many of the clones are almost identical to the originals and can cost from 20% to 50% of the originals. I would lean toward the Electric Angel and the ELA on the top end, the Magneto looks awesome in the mid range, just got the Caravela clone and really like it too, but there are about a dozen other mods I'd like to get my hands on to check out personally. Anyway, some food for thought. Great suggestions previously.

ThermoNuker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Ascalon, Tyria
For under 100$ the smokteck magneto

It is a nzonic clone with a real working magnetic switch

Its like 50$ and its all stainless steel with a 510 flat top

Since it's telescoping, you might want to check Vaportek USA. It sells the nzonic 510 "flag" connector top for Segelei tubes for $6. It might just fit the magneto.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Since it's telescoping, you might want to check Vaportek USA. It sells the nzonic 510 "flag" connector top for Segelei tubes for $6. It might just fit the magneto.

No it won't fit . Not even close . The top you speak of has threads on the outside . The Magneto threads are inside a cap . And besides the Magneto already has a design on their cap . A replacement is not needed .

The best mod is one that is easy for you to use, doesn't misfire and fits your budget. I've tried the low end stuff, high end stuff and clones. Some are great out of the box/bag, while others have to require a little tinkering. It's all a matter of preference. It's just like cars, it can be a total POS or a Mercedes S class, either way they're going to get you from point A to point B. I'm finding myself focusing more on my atomizer builds and the kinds of juices I like. You don't have to drop hundreds to have a good vape from a mech.

ThermoNuker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Ascalon, Tyria
No it won't fit . Not even close . The top you speak of has threads on the outside . The Magneto threads are inside a cap . And besides the Magneto already has a design on their cap . A replacement is not needed .

Oh well... thanks for the info. I was hoping it would b/c, I've heard, the center pin is not adjustable. It could pose a problem to some.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    minimalmod.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread