Ithaka vs Kayfun

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeJA

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
California
I have both and they're both wonderful atomizers. Can't go wrong with either. kayfun is easier to set up (no NR wire required), Ithaka takes a bit more setup time, but allows more tinkering. Both of them, set up properly, vape wonderfully. Build quality on both is flawless. Flip a coin! You'll win whether it's heads or tails.

withravenoushunger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Thanks for the input! I own the Ithaka clone which I like a lot and I'd assume is very similar to the real thing, but I don't use a dual coil setup in it. I was ready to buy the Ithaka tomorrow but COV just went out of stock. I think I'll buy whatever is available first. I'm leaning more towards the Kayfun because the color matches my Roller. By the way, does anyone have experience with the Taifun GT and is it related to the Kayfun?

MikeJA

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
California
I think the roller's ss-m finish is closest to the kayfun. I don't have a roller, but going from pics I've seen, it seems close to what I'm using the Kayfun on, which is a 69 mod eric's edition. Should be a nice match on the roller too.

Ithaka is much more polished...

Again, both are beautifully made and vape wonderfully.

Last edited:

clim1983

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Vienna, VA, USA
For those who own both, which do you like better and why? I'm torn between the two. They both look great but I don't know which I'll like more. Or when there will be another run of Kayfuns.

I like the Ithaka more. To me the setup works where I always get great flavor and clouds every time compared to my Kayfun which sometimes just produces clouds but not as much flavor.

clim1983

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Vienna, VA, USA
How is the draw on the Ithaka? I like the light and smooth draw of the Kayfun.

The Ithaka has a great smooth draw. I also wouldn't say one is better than the other by a long shot. I just like the Ithaka slightly better because once its setup you're all good to go. I never had any flooding or leaking issues with the Ithaka but with my Kayfun I get it from time to time especially when I'm out.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I prefer lighter, fruitier juices in the Kayfun, and heavier tobaccos/chocolates in the Ithaka. You can toy around with the Ithaka more, but unless you are going sub-ohm (which I don't) you'll end up single coil and be very happy with it. Both have air control, so you can make the draw as airy as you want.

clim1983

Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Vienna, VA, USA
I prefer lighter, fruitier juices in the Kayfun, and heavier tobaccos/chocolates in the Ithaka. You can toy around with the Ithaka more, but unless you are going sub-ohm (which I don't) you'll end up single coil and be very happy with it. Both have air control, so you can make the draw as airy as you want.

I totally agree! Fruitier juices are better in the Kayfun and tobacco type or baked goods type taste better in the Ithaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread