iclear 30 and 16 leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymares

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Jax, FL USA
I recently picked up 2 each iclear 16's and 30's.. I knew all the wick would really soaked up juice.. BUT they ALL leak like crazy out the bottom.. I have taken them apart and really made sure everything was tight and secure.. I get about 2 vapes and then they start leaking out the bottom.. I am very careful about putting in the juice, so nothing is going done the center tube..
I also have pushed the slotted rubber tips down, and up.. when I take the tops off, they are all filled with juice.. I have tried only filling up to bottom wicks and still leaks everywhere..

Anyone have this issue and able to fix? Really liked the amount of vape I get from them..

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I use Innokin power supplies, but never have used their liquid products... what is the possibility that you've got a lower quality clone/copy? I took a quick look around and found a few sites that list the 30 with no reference to Innokin (and the usual generic "vivi nova" with no reference to Vision) what so ever. One uses Innokin in it's description, but not once does it indicate that they are selling you a genuine Innokin.
After getting a copy Kanger T3S (and copy coil heads too) that, among other things, leaked like a sieve, I read the descriptions very carefully.

mymares

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Jax, FL USA
The 16's and one 30 came with my itaste mvp's. which are Innokin... the other 30 the dealer also sells them alone and they say Innokin on the bottom connector. I had them for a couple months before I tried them out.. so, no returns.

I have some knockoff Vivi's and they all leak too, sadly a Vision one too.. for some reason the leaky ones find me.. my 2 protanks are starting too! but the protanks I can fiddle with and get them to stop, sometimes just a different coil..

jericoriver

Please support CASAA
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Midway,Ga.
I have been using the iclear16's since they came out. Like six months or so. Also have about 20 of the 30's. I have never had a leak or ever had a coil burn out. I use them for about 2 weeks and but them away for cleaning later. I also stocked up on a coop and have about 30 new I16's and 50 replacement heads. I think they are the best I've found in 4 years of vaping.

mymares

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Jax, FL USA
Jericoriver ~~ is there anything different that you are doing that I am not? Its wonderful that you have had no problem with them.. I loved the vape I got out of them... but leaks and burnt coils have been my big issue with them.. I rebuild my kanger coils, took an I clear apart and that had burnt out, still no ready to rebuild them yet.

Now, coop? I have read some posts that folks have talked about co-ops? I have never been able to find any info on them..

Thanks for input, nice to know that some folks are enjoying the iclears. :p

bukuegrotesk

Aug 3, 2013
A, A
I recently picked up 2 each iclear 16's and 30's.. I knew all the wick would really soaked up juice.. BUT they ALL leak like crazy out the bottom.. I have taken them apart and really made sure everything was tight and secure.. I get about 2 vapes and then they start leaking out the bottom.. I am very careful about putting in the juice, so nothing is going done the center tube..
I also have pushed the slotted rubber tips down, and up.. when I take the tops off, they are all filled with juice.. I have tried only filling up to bottom wicks and still leaks everywhere..

Anyone have this issue and able to fix? Really liked the amount of vape I get from them..

My iclear 30 worked very well for the first week, then my top coil popped. So I thought "oh well, time to replace the head". After that, gurgling and leaking out the bottom like crazy, also dry hits. Took it apart, cleaned it, put it back together real tight. Still leaking. After a while, and about ready to throw it out, I tried one more thing. I thought "Maybe I have the head too tight". Took it apart, cleaned it again, put it back together, but I only tightened the head snug and not as tight as I could like usual. Ever since then, not one leaking issue. Try doing that and I bet your leaking issues will be gone. Good luck!

mymares

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Jax, FL USA
Thanks State O' Flux,

Just read it..
I agree with it for the most part.. especially the leaking and thirstiness of the iclear(s)..

I just cleaned and put a coil in loosely as bukugrotesk suggested in a iclear 16, so if I get a big leak I wont be wasting too much juice.

I have a couple protanks and have not had the leaking issues too bad.. as the post stated, when the tank gets down to about 1/3.

My favorite juice tastes best in a kanger metal bcc, I just want to find the best setup.. I wish I read reviews before I was talked into getting the iclears.. I know someone that has never had a leak and still using the same coil after 2 months in a 30.. I dont have that type of luck :)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
An observation, and please correct me if I'm miss-guided. Seems like you might still be living in clearo/glasso-land - mymares. It's not a bad place to live once you figure it all out... but you might want to consider stepping up your game and consider carto tanks.

Cartomizers are pretty reliable... and when you toss one in a - suitable size for your needs - Pyrex or polypropylene tank, you have a nice combination of an adequate juice supply, convenience, cleanliness and ease of maintenance, all with a reliable, good tasting, low cost atomizing device.
After that there are a few more ways to go, but lots of folks that also use RBA/RDAs, bottom feeders and so on - still use and are very happy with carto tanks.

Just a suggestion... if you're rockin' and rollin' with clearos, then vape on. ;-)

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I have two iclear 30's and absolutely no leaks ever. Mine came in a hard plastic case with innokin name on it. I just clean the heads and dry burn and re-use and they're fine. They go through juice like a .... though. I'm actually using one now and looked for leaks and none. Gorilla Juice in it for now and Sahara Blend in the other (thinner juice 70/30 PG/VG). Not really a fan of the Sahara though, sorry to be off topic.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Where can you buy in bulk?
Click the link in post 18. It's actually closer to $1.10... now that I've done the math. :p
I linked to these particular ones because they might be the most popular of size and thread type... 35 and 45 mm in length with a 510 thread and two 1mm holes. They are available in LR (2.0) and SR (3.0) Ω resistance. These can be used in the vast majority of tanks. I get my tanks from 3V and IBT... and there are lots of other makers as well.
There are other carto makers... perhaps the most loved, and hardest to get are those made by Ikenvape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread