Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I am thinking of ordering a bunch of clearomisers for my 3.7 volt eGo setup. so far i have tried only the vision ce4 which i wasnt happy with and the cutie by jessy which i liked a lot, but is a lot more expensive and sucks a lot of juice. I need simple, solid effective clearomisers. Now, i have done some research and want to order top coil, bottom coil and dual coil clearomisers to see the difference. For top coil i am thinking of mini vivi nova. For bottom coil, ts3, evod and kanger pro tank and for dual coil innokin i16 or i30 which is a lot more expensive. I would appreciate some feedback from those of you who have experienced these specifically with 3.7 volts. If there are any other clearos that you like, i would like to hear also. And last question, what are the benefits of an i30 over i16 which is a lot less expensive, besides bigger tank.

thank you in advance.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , and your choices are pretty good , except for the dual coils . They don't work very good on Ego's , and even when they do , they trash your batteries in no time . Best to wait for the dbl. coils when you get a big battery device . Good Luck . Most of the one's you picked , are rebuildable for cheap . So when they get too gunked up and cleaning just doesn't help . Just re-wick / coil them for maybe 5 to 10 cents apiece , and your good to go again .

jcmios

May 7, 2013
NE Iowa
I have 6 Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0, 4 Innokin iClear 16 Ego Clearomizers, and 2 Vivi Novas. Of all these I really like the Vision Ego 2.0 as I can easily rebuild the coil and wick in about 5 minuets at 2.3 to 2.6 ohms. The dual coils are just not rebuildable and the Vivi Nova I have yet to tackle. All of these are great performers and I consider them close to equals, the Vivi Nova is just a bit easier to clean and have a larger capacity.
The Vision Ego 2.0 with some Kanthal wire and glass wick is the most economical for me and fulfills all my needs.

murphyramone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Rockford, Il
:2c: Iclear16 is a great top coil / dual coil set up. Evods are a nice bottom coil (protanks also, but i have a love hate relationship with them lately. Today = hate mode) All of them have worked on my ego set ups without any problems..but they are nicer with a VV or VW option. I did not like the Iclear30s when i used them. :)

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I have 6 Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0, 4 Innokin iClear 16 Ego Clearomizers, and 2 Vivi Novas. Of all these I really like the Vision Ego 2.0 as I can easily rebuild the coil and wick in about 5 minuets at 2.3 to 2.6 ohms. The dual coils are just not rebuildable and the Vivi Nova I have yet to tackle. All of these are great performers and I consider them close to equals, the Vivi Nova is just a bit easier to clean and have a larger capacity.
The Vision Ego 2.0 with some Kanthal wire and glass wick is the most economical for me and fulfills all my needs.

i don't think i want to tackle recoiling yet. dry burning and rewicking for now. The heads are cheap enough. Where would i get extra wick and whats a good material if you know ?

ow long do you think atomizers will last if you dry burn and rewick ?

My vision ce4 that came with my kit gives me no taste at all so i am hesitant to try their products.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
:2c: Iclear16 is a great top coil / dual coil set up. Evods are a nice bottom coil (protanks also, but i have a love hate relationship with them lately. Today = hate mode) All of them have worked on my ego set ups without any problems..but they are nicer with a VV or VW option. I did not like the Iclear30s when i used them. :)

I think i will stay clear of dual coils for now. What brand are your evods ? i am confused are they a style or brand ? is a kanger evod different from a regulat evod ?

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
Vision is the brand I have been using for the last year. I bought 6 from fasttech and they have the smoktech type heads with pointy caps, I find my juices burn easier and the threads are wonky. I am still using the same vision tanks I bought way back then and rebuild the coil heads. It really is easy. Not to say you will be unhappy- some like them, I hate to tell someone not to try something since preferences are so different. My next purchase will be the new one with glass tank. Glass Vision V-Fate Nova Tank - 2.0ml

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
The vision vivi nova is my favorite. I prefer the 3.5ml one. You will probably be happiest with a 1.8ohm head if you like a warm vape. Haven't tried the i series yet. I haven't been real happy with the bottom coil types but that's just me. They seem to be very popular so try them all.

i guess this answers my question as to vivi nova brand. the vision ego 2 has got an endorsement too. I am surprised their ce4 sucked so bad. Maybe mine was defective.

Angiebubs

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2013
Amery, WI
I have been using iClear 16s and love them. I decided to try a few different ones to see if I was missing out:
FastTech:
evods: I feel like there is no flavor and a lot of air
viva nova: this has worked fine and flavor is good but with the bottom stick thingy-no place to set this down easily
CE-something BLECH-half of them tastes burned right off
I have bought 2 iClear16s from a co-op and havent yet tried these but assumed they would be the same as the iClear 16?

At this point I jsut ordered some iClear16s from FastTech and if these are originals and work well going to order a dozen more and be done with it for now.

murphyramone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Rockford, Il
I think i will stay clear of dual coils for now. What brand are your evods ? i am confused are they a style or brand ? is a kanger evod different from a regulat evod ?

kanger is the brand. From what i have read the fastteck ones are clones(i have not made any purchases from them). I could be wrong tho. To my knowledge i have not used any of the clones, but you never know.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I have been using iClear 16s and love them. I decided to try a few different ones to see if I was missing out:
FastTech:
evods: I feel like there is no flavor and a lot of air
viva nova: this has worked fine and flavor is good but with the bottom stick thingy-no place to set this down easily
CE-something BLECH-half of them tastes burned right off
I have bought 2 iClear16s from a co-op and havent yet tried these but assumed they would be the same as the iClear 16?

At this point I jsut ordered some iClear16s from FastTech and if these are originals and work well going to order a dozen more and be done with it for now.

thanks, someone mentioned dual coils work better with stronger battheries. I have regular eGo at 3.7 volt. what batteries do you use with the iclear 16 ?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I like FastTech, but did NOT like the EVOD. I knew it wasn't a Kanger, but people here vouched that it was good. I found it inferior, so I'd go for "the real thing" - they're pretty darned cheap anyway!
Health Cabin swears theirs are Kanger, and for $2.88, what the heck.
Oh - wait, there's shipping...
You might want to check MBV - they seem to have almost all of em!

My favorite clearos on an Ego: EVOD and T3Mini.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
kanger is the brand. From what i have read the fastteck ones are clones(i have not made any purchases from them). I could be wrong tho. To my knowledge i have not used any of the clones, but you never know.

thanks, i guess i will stick with kanger when i order evods. i was hoping to stick with fasttech, but o well ! why do you sometimes hate your protank. they are from kanger and so much more expensive than the evod and ts3 ?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I like FastTech, but did NOT like the EVOD. I knew it wasn't a Kanger, but people here vouched that it was good. I found it inferior, so I'd go for "the real thing" - they're pretty darned cheap anyway!
Health Cabin swears theirs are Kanger, and for $2.88, what the heck.
Oh - wait, there's shipping...
You might want to check MBV - they seem to have almost all of em!

My favorite clearos on an Ego: EVOD and T3Mini.
thanks is your t3 a kanger ? i was hoping so much to stick with just fasttech since they are cheap and no shipping, but apparently their vivi novas arent vision either. Only their protank seems to be kanger, and they are out of stock on that ! So much for ordering tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread