new to bottom/bottle feeding set ups RECOMMENDATIONS Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I am curious about bottle feeder mods. The surge tank looks really cool but expensive and GIGANTIC on a standard tube mod. Does anyone know of a decent bottle feeder mod that wont break the bank like a reos, something priced low but still a decent experience. Before I get a higher end bottle fed system I would like to try a little bit more of an inexpensive unit or mod.

I use cisco spec atomizers (510 thread). I would really like to use this as an alternative to direct dripping. I love dripping but I have strayed from it because of the inconvenience in the frequency of dripping. I am not looking to make a home made mod because I cannot vape cartos (they irritate my throat), unless someone has a homemade mod that can feed a bottle to an unsealed or sealed 510 atty. Any input or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

RyGuy

jakl_53

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Southern Indiana

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
You can take jakl's advice.

If you're uncomfortable building your own then the Vmod is on the lower end pricewise.
The vmod xl goes for 84.99 but I hear Vapage does a 50% off sale every couple months. You could grab one when it's on sale, then if you enjoy bottom feeding you could always keep it or sell it in the classifieds and bump up to a Reo. I just recently got a reo for my one year vape anniversary and I'm in love with it. Haven't touched my tube mods (including provari) in a month now.

good luck.

If you are open to building your own box heres a link to a diy bottom feeder mod. I should have everything I need tommorow so i'll be trying this soon. I also use cisco spec attys and can't stand dripping. This is a cheap alternative to dropping coin on a reo for now.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/95728-tutorial-juicebox-around-8-a.html

This does not look TOO complicated jakl I will definitely look into this and see if I can nut up and give it a shot thanks for the suggestion!

You can take jakl's advice.

If you're uncomfortable building your own then the Vmod is on the lower end pricewise.
The vmod xl goes for 84.99 but I hear Vapage does a 50% off sale every couple months. You could grab one when it's on sale, then if you enjoy bottom feeding you could always keep it or sell it in the classifieds and bump up to a Reo. I just recently got a reo for my one year vape anniversary and I'm in love with it. Haven't touched my tube mods (including provari) in a month now.

good luck.

Thank you for the hunch on the vmod I saw that one but thought it was a little high but thats great that your still using the reo without touching a tube mod! That just makes me more eager to give it a shot! Thanks for the recommendations!

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
If you go to Vapage and sign up for their newsletter you get a discount flyer & codes every week. Discounts range from 20 to 50%, though the 50% is pretty rare.

A vmod a la carte kit also includes their excellent BF slant coil atty, a decent carto, 2 drip tips and a spare bottle.

Or -- just shop the classies or put in a want to buy.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Hello all,

I am curious about bottle feeder mods. The surge tank looks really cool but expensive and GIGANTIC on a standard tube mod. Does anyone know of a decent bottle feeder mod that wont break the bank like a reos, something priced low but still a decent experience. Before I get a higher end bottle fed system I would like to try a little bit more of an inexpensive unit or mod.

I use cisco spec atomizers (510 thread). I would really like to use this as an alternative to direct dripping. I love dripping but I have strayed from it because of the inconvenience in the frequency of dripping. I am not looking to make a home made mod because I cannot vape cartos (they irritate my throat), unless someone has a homemade mod that can feed a bottle to an unsealed or sealed 510 atty. Any input or recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

RyGuy
vmod or the vmod xl seems to be the best choice for you, since you expressed that you loved dripping on a stick style atomizer.
Keep your eye out for the mystery sales and the 50% coupons.

My advise after you find that bottom feeding is just like dripping but more convenient is to move up to a more expensive unit.

I have a VV Bogger Box that ended up with a 15% coupon to be within $10.00 of a Reo Grande and way less expensive than the VV REO Grande, and it has tremendous flexibility. I ended up buying a DNA20D Bogger Box in addition and I'm happy with both. But the DNA20D is more civilized. The VV on the other hand will step down and step up the Voltage whereas the DNA20D doesn't really step down the voltage much.

If durability is your priority than you should check out the REO Series. I'm going to decline to comment on the REO Grand because I'm not in the mood for flame wars and drama. Let's just say that the Reo Grand has a group of fanatic followers that love the device and my experience differed with them over the REO Grand. The VV Bogger Box and the DNA20D Bogger Box in terms of performance by published Spec leave the VV Reo Grande in the Dust. But if you prize durability the VV Reo Grand would be interesting option.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Much depends on how you will use it. I use my vv Reo Grand when I'm at home and take my Vmod with me when I'm out of the house because it is lightweight and fits nicely in my shirt pocket.

This is a good idea. Leave the more expensive one home. I had a reo stolen from me while I was out and about.

As for the vmod, Tearose is right, the 50% off is very rare now. They coupons are usually mystery coupons and seem to run about 30%.

Just mentioning that because I see people "holding out" for the 50% off sales and they are waiting a long time or forever. :)

You can pick them up in the classies for around $60 sometimes which is a great deal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread