How do you explain the Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Every time somebody at work asks me "What is that thing" I will simply say its an electronic cigarette. They will usually say "Wow its huge" or "Is that the charger". They will usually try to tell me a story of how they (or a friend) have used the gas station cigarette sized ones and how amazing they were, and they will try to wrap their head around as to why mine was so "different".

Every time I try to explain things to people, they usually never get it.

Awkwardly Awesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Minnesota
Well as I explained to the cop that stopped me at the transit station last week, it is in fact not a bomb detonator.

When I am working at my local e-cig shop, people always think I have some special version of an iTaste MVP. I usually have to take the REO apart and show them how it works, several times a day. Most don't get it or are completely lost. But then again, our customer base is mostly people who are buying eGo starter kits or young kids who are into vaping because it is the current cool thing right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Ya...I don't use the ecig term either. I call it a personal vaporizor or my nicotine replacement therapy. Most folks get it at that point...then they say "like those ecig things?" And I say "ya, something like that." Then they usually want to know more...and I explain. I don't bother explaining though if they don't ask. With the bad press and huge amount of misinformation, I find that calling it an ecig right off the bat tends to turn folks off. If I call it something that sounds a bit more technical, folks tend to tune in and take it more seriously....in my experience, anyway. :)

Last edited:

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Around here I would use the term modded/advanced ecig rather than vaporizer for those who have no idea about them. I haven't needed to explain though (except to my boss about an employee walking arou d the building with one) as many around here are familiar with them now. Before vaporizers were as popular as they are now, when a vaporizer was talked about those were the ones used for...well something else.....I'm in Socal.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don't flash mine around to strangers that much....so I'm usually not even asked. Those who know me and see me vaping have watched the evolution from a skinny 510 set up through the eGos to this....so they know it's just an advanced version of my "e-cig"....although I don't ever call it an e-cig.

I recently started my niece and her husband on a couple of REO Minis.....and it's funny because they don't really know REO from anything...they're not on ECF and they never had an other pv, so they're really not familiar with any of the lingo.....and they call them their "Puffers"....cute. Tara will text me and say, "Marc has a question about his puffer" or "I left my puffer in the car and thought I had lost it."

Thedan1284

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Travis AFB, CA
I don't flash mine around to strangers that much....so I'm usually not even asked. Those who know me and see me vaping have watched the evolution from a skinny 510 set up through the eGos to this....so they know it's just an advanced version of my "e-cig"....although I don't ever call it an e-cig.

I recently started my niece and her husband on a couple of REO Minis.....and it's funny because they don't really know REO from anything...they're not on ECF and they never had an other pv, so they're really not familiar with any of the lingo.....and they call them their "Puffers"....cute. Tara will text me and say, "Marc has a question about his puffer" or "I left my puffer in the car and thought I had lost it."

I call it my puffer as well. When i get a question i slide the door up, show them the large and powerful battery, then unscrew the reomizer cap. I then compare it to a toaster wire heating up when i press my switch. I explain its advanced and very diy style. If they look at me crazy, i say "havnt smoked a single stinky since march of 2013." "This thing took me off a pack and a half a day habbit", and "come to me if you ever want to try an ecig, i know where to get the best bang for your buck and how to make them work".
Usually i dont get past the 1st stage of show and tell. But the people who stay intrested get the whole deal.
This week i retired all my ego's and clearos to friends who have stayed interested for free. They know whats in my hand has to be better if ive abandoned what they now use. :)
Ill give it a couple months before they are having me show them what to order from rob

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
"An advanced form of an Electronic Cigarette." Then I open the door and point out, "That's the Battery, that contains a flavored vegetable glycerin that contains 1.2% liquid nicotine, and the round thing on top contains an ignition coil." Then I replace the door and take a deep puff and exhale off to the side so they can see how it works. At that point I'm often asked "Does it work ?" I always reply, "Well, I smoked for 40 years. then quit in two days using this thing." If they mention Gas Station E-Cigs I tell them the cost of the Mini, and the RM2, and the battery.....

and that usually ends the conversation. :vapor:

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
I live in a small town and most of these folks know what my REOs are by now. But once on vacation I was asked if I was using a walkie-talkie. That was back when I was using regular atomizers, so I could really see how someone would think that. It was fun to explain what it really was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
I live in a small town and most of these folks know what my REOs are by now. But once on vacation I was asked if I was using a walkie-talkie. That was back when I was using regular atomizers, so I could really see how someone would think that. It was fun to explain what it really was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

With my Boge carto on my mini it does look like a antenna :)

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i call it a mod - it's modified to hold a huge battery that lasts me all day, and huge bottle for liquid that curbs my urges to throttle inquisitive people!

How much? Well - the one i usually use with battery, and RM2 on top will run you $200. Bloody hell that's expensive! Not if you consider that i spent $400 a month on cigarettes it isn't!

T

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Amongst friends that are familiar with vaping I do call it my mod or just vaporizer. I never understood the terms PV & APV. Advanced I could understand but why "personal", must be some kind of history to it? Sure it's your own personal vaporizer but are there community vaporizers also? Lots of things are personal but we don't go around calling them that as a proper name.

I call mine neuralizers & neureolizers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread