REO Forum is Freaking Incredible !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
I think everyone know that this forum has the most wonderfully intelligent and helpful people you will ever find. If you have a vaping related problem a host of people will come to your aid to get you where you want to go.. This is a given. However, this he and information is not only limited to vaping. A short story.

i check this forum every day and I was quite frankly becoming envious of all the pictures posted of nearly mirror finished Silver REOs.
i have my original Black bodied Silver door Grand which is nearly three years old and needless to say the door didn't look that great. I also have a Silver bodied Mini 2.1 which certainly did not shine. So I read here that Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish was the way to go. I checked my local auto store [Advanced Auto] to make sure they had it in stock. On their website they a a number of reviews indicating how great the product was. One in particular caught my eye where it was indicated that it could also be used on foggy auto headlights with great results. So I went and bought it and the first thing I used it on was my cars headlights and within five minutes they were restored to like new.

The Moral of this Story.
If you want great looking headlights read the REO forum.

BTW the REOs now look absolutely shiny and beautiful.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I think everyone know that this forum has the most wonderfully intelligent and helpful people you will ever find. If you have a vaping related problem a host of people will come to your aid to get you where you want to go.. This is a given. However, this he and information is not only limited to vaping. A short story.

i check this forum every day and I was quite frankly becoming envious of all the pictures posted of nearly mirror finished Silver REOs.
i have my original Black bodied Silver door Grand which is nearly three years old and needless to say the door didn't look that great. I also have a Silver bodied Mini 2.1 which certainly did not shine. So I read here that Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish was the way to go. I checked my local auto store [Advanced Auto] to make sure they had it in stock. On their website they a a number of reviews indicating how great the product was. One in particular caught my eye where it was indicated that it could also be used on foggy auto headlights with great results. So I went and bought it and the first thing I used it on was my cars headlights and within five minutes they were restored to like new.

The Moral of this Story.
If you want great looking headlights read the REO forum.

BTW the REOs now look absolutely shiny and beautiful.

I posted on FB and in the lounge here that I had just done my headlight covers with Mother's Mag. I did not go and see anything about it working. Just came up with the idea and tried it on a tiny spot.

I could not believe that now I can "see" my light bulb inside! It took off all the oxidation and now they shine! 2000 Windstar you know those headlight covers were opaque!

lFK78AI.jpg

Last edited:

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
So I read here that Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish was the way to go. The Moral of this Story.
If you want great looking headlights read the REO forum. BTW the REOs now look absolutely shiny and beautiful.

Awesome! I, too, purchased Mothers and Never Dull after reading of their merits. I've been shining every darn thing in my house. Haven't done the headlights -- will be my Sunday morning project!

Thanks!!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Awesome! I, too, purchased Mothers and Never Dull after reading of their merits. I've been shining every darn thing in my house. Haven't done the headlights -- will be my Sunday morning project!

Thanks!!

That was done with just one coat of Mother's Mag, worked it only a minute or two and wiped off. I am sure that another coating would make it even better!

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl

I posted on FB and in the lounge here that I had just done my headlight covers with Mother's Mag. I did not go and see anything about it working. Just came up with the idea and tried it on a tiny spot.

I could not believe that now I can "see" my light bulb inside! It took off all the oxidation and now they shine! 2000 Windstar you know those headlight covers were opaque!

lFK78AI.jpg

Sorry Karen , I must have missed your original post or forgot (getting old). You guys are the best.
Mothers polish is like the REO of polishes.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Sorry Karen , I must have missed your original post or forgot (getting old). You guys are the best.
Mothers polish is like the REO of polishes.

Apology? No need sweetie! I am so glad you started this thread! People that don't visit the lounge can see it too!

Thank you for letting everybody know! I just got YOUR back on this, I know it works!!

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
I don't mean to take this thread in a different direction, but the best thing this forum did for me (and I'm sure many other beginning vapers) was to enlighten me to the fact there are other mechanical mods besides tube versions. The more I read this forum, the more I exclaimed, "This design is ingenious!" and "I HAVE to try one of these!"

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
Now I have a problem. My shiny Silver REOs have become absolute finger magnets. Now I have to carry a polishing cloth around and constantly wipe them to preserve their beauty. So much to do, so little time.

What's the saying? "Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it." ;)

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Now I have a problem. My shiny Silver REOs have become absolute finger magnets. Now I have to carry a polishing cloth around and constantly wipe them to preserve their beauty. So much to do, so little time.

LOL I came to the same realization with mine. I've spent hours polishing them and I haven't even vaped them yet! They are so beautiful!

They just sit on my desk... staring back at me.... daring me... "Vape me, you fool! Vape me or polish me!" :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com

So true! I can't even move mine without a print!

But they are stunningly beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread