Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I didn't want to like it. I really didn't. I've been using T3's and Protanks, and ordered a few EVOD's because I liked my friend's when I tried it, and was perfectly happy. I was at the vape shop, not really for anything in particular, just bored on my day off. I saw they had a cheapie generic tank, and figured, "Meh, what the heck." Got a little bottle of juice, they threw in a carto for free and showed me how to prime it and fill the tank, and man. I wasn't expecting such a jump in flavor. I'm going to throw some of this juice in a Protank just to compare (Cinnayum from Mountain Vapor), but if it's as big a difference as it seems to be, I have some shopping to do!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Cartotanks have been my go-to delivery device for almost a year and a half. Fuller flavor production, more consistancy than a clearo, and hardly any maintanance.

You can refill your tank with more juice as needed with the same cartomizer in the tank. Once the carto starts to have a stiff pull, that's indication it's time to replace it. Remember, priming the cartomizer prior to putting it into the tank is the most important step and will determine how well that carto performs for the rest of its life in the tank.

Hope you continue to enjoy your tank. :thumb:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/

Last edited:

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
Cartotanks have been my go-to delivery device for almost a year and a half. Fuller flavor production, more consistancy than a clearo, and hardly any maintanance.

I think you've about got me convinced to give them a try. I'm still trying to figure out the different carto brands and types, but I'm sure I'll have that nailed down in the next few days. One question: flanged or no?

About the tank tools, does the IBTanked version work well enough, or should I buck up and get the Slap yo mama?

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
I think you've about got me convinced to give them a try. I'm still trying to figure out the different carto brands and types, but I'm sure I'll have that nailed down in the next few days. One question: flanged or no?

About the tank tools, does the IBTanked version work well enough, or should I buck up and get the Slap yo mama?

A flanged carto are usually the prepunched sort. I punch my own so there is no flange. Flange or no flange--- it doesn't really matter.

The tank took from IBTanked will work well enough, but I find it a little more difficult to use. The "neck" just isn't narrow enough. You can get a tank took much like the slap yo mama at valley view vapes for about half the cost. While you are there you should check out their premium tanks. They are fantastic and probably the best price you're going to find at that quality.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I have only tried carto tanks with fillerless cartos. I didn't like it too much. Is there a big difference with the regular kind?

?? Whats a filtered or unfiltered carto ?? I am confused. I now vape Cartos and they are superior to just about anything that Ive used, with exception to a dripping Atomizer.

Ottotek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Michigan
I started vaping with Vivi Novas. Tried a Smoktek DCT tank on a whim. What a difference! Now I have three Phiniacs, and use Boge LR 2.0 carto's. Wanting to try some of Ikenvape's carto's, but the poor guy is having issues with his store.

I also use a ZAP and have a Zen2 Hybrid, which are my "cigars" at home in the evening. I taste a slightly purer, cleaner taste with the genny style atty, but not a "OMG, what a difference!" vape.

Ya just can't beat a good carto tank for out and about vaping...IMHO...:vapor:

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
?? Whats a filtered or unfiltered carto ?? I am confused. I now vape Cartos and they are superior to just about anything that Ive used, with exception to a dripping Atomizer.

It's the polyfill (I think that's what it is) inside the carto. It's filler, not filter. :)
They make ones that have no material inside.

They're supposed to burn cleaner, but I don't like the draw. I haven't tried a regular carto in a tank.
Smoktech makes a nickel mesh carto, that they describe as fillerless. I tried the one that gotvapes sells with their raven tanks.

Last edited:

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
It's the difference between an atty and a carto. Two completely different techniques.

I didn't know there was that big of a difference between fillerless and regular. I will have to try the regular kind. I thought the draw was too airy with the fillerless one I tried. Thanks for the info!

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
I didn't know there was that big of a difference between fillerless and regular. I will have to try the regular kind. I thought the draw was too airy with the fillerless one I tried. Thanks for the info!

When you drip (atty), you draw differently (in shorter puffs) so has not to suck up too much juice. They will be airier as there is no filler to draw air through (but you also lose any tell-tale 'flavors' contaminating your juice flavors). There are plenty of videos online teaching this technique.

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
The vapor seems thicker when I drip right onto an atty vs. the fillerless carto with a tank. I admit I've only tried one brand of the fillerless carto, and only three different drip atomizers (510 bridged and bridgeless, and a 306 bridged). Once I think I have things figured out, I find out there's so much I haven't tried. Thanks for all the info and advice! I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Sorry....

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
The vapor seems thicker when I drip right onto an atty vs. the fillerless carto with a tank. I admit I've only tried one brand of the fillerless carto, and only three different drip atomizers (510 bridged and bridgeless, and a 306 bridged). Once I think I have things figured out, I find out there's so much I haven't tried. Thanks for all the info and advice! I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Sorry....

No worries, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a fillerless carto. I'm learning new stuff everyday here. Also made me realize that I was so excited to get a new toy that I asked pretty much none of the questions I should have. No idea what kind of carto this is, I know there's different sizes, etc. No clue. Ohms? No idea. The tank looks to hold 4 or 5ml, so I'm assuming XL? I'm so good about researching online purchases, but at a real live store I might as well be a little kid clutching something shiny squealing "I WANT IT!!!"

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I think she might be referring to a CE2 (although I might be wrong):

510 CE2 Cartomizer XL

I've never tried them, but I did try a CE2/poly-fill hybrid carto thingy from Vapor Phoenix that I did not like at all. What I especially didn't like is that he doesn't state on the site that they aren't regular poly-fill Smoktech clones (which is what they appear to be in the picture). I emailed him and said they were burning at a much lower temp than they should be. He said they do much better on an eGo. Heloooo! I bought the higher resistance to use on a mod.

For me, the best flavors are:
Dripping
Bottom-feeder with a dripping atty
Carto-tank
Bottom-feeder with a carto (the flavor might be more than a carto tank, but I find the carto tank easier)
CE3 XL clearos (but they only hold a little bit of juice)
Everything else. I use a Protank a lot, but because it's easy, not because of the flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread