New Kanger Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSoloRRT

Jun 11, 2013
Florida
Have no clue why I can only post here, but whatever. Yesterday I went to get some T3 coils and the fellow who works at Vapor Burst told me that the Kanger coils were changed. I guess the threaded unit on the bottom of the coil is now non-disposable, and only the wick section is changed. Soooo sad, the new ones, for lack of a better word, suck. I purchased one of the new coils with a cartomizer tube, bought it at 2:30 PM, and it lasted till about 6:30 PM. Thought I had a defective unit, so I went back today and got 1 replacement wick section ($4.00, I was paying $2.95 for the whole unit including the threaded section), it is now 9:00 PM and the wick is no good.

If this is going to be the only Kanger available, it is bye bye Kanger. If not, I will keep buying what i was buying, which was nothing short of awesome.

If anyone knows whether this is a permanent thing or not, please post. If it is a permanent thing, can you recommend an alternative? I hated the vivi novas, the wicks burnt out quickly and the taste was horrific. I would like to find something comparable to the Kanger T3 if the change is permanent. Suggestions appreciated.

BTW, my Vamo Mod is awesome, 2 months now and going strong. Glad I got the Vamo. It was suggested on this forum, so I am grateful, and looking forward to good feedback on this new issue. I went through an e-Vic, and a smok telescopic, both lasted about 30 days if that, before they just broke. The eVic was a huge disappointment, paid a lot of $$$ for a unit that is very poorly put together, crappy glue, etc.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sounds like you are being ripped -

Kanger T3s/MT3s Coil Replacement ** 5 Pack - 2.2 ohms $6

Kanger coils rarely have the issues you describe................. unless you are vaping Tar. Average coil will last several tank fills before needing a cleaning.

ETA - my eVics(2x) are 8months old and my Vamo 10 so................................... never mind.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia

Kanger coils rarely have the issues you describe................. unless you are vaping Tar. Average coil will last several tank fills before needing a cleaning.

ETA - my eVics(2x) are 8months old and my Vamo 10 so................................... never mind.

Yep, your being ripped.....They may be selling the clones from Fasttech.......who knows. I like the 1.8 ohm coils and vape them at 3.4 to 3.7 volts. Clean every couple of days.

HanSoloRRT

Jun 11, 2013
Florida
Whoa,

How do I clean these??? Never heard of cleaning them, was never advised to do so. Maybe this is why I am having such a short duration with these. My average time with the Kanger with the threaded bottom section attached is 1 week, have not been able to get them to last longer. The new ones, maybe 6 hours.

I am using a PG Zero nicotine cigar flavor liquid. There is no tar. Why would anyone make an e-liquid with tar?? The whole point is to not have tar and carbon monoxide.

KimchiMonger

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
I purchased original Kanger coils in the black Kanger box 2.0 and 1.8. Let's say three weeks into using the same 2.0 coil it was still working before switching to 1.8 which I love! Less resistance, vapes quicker, supposed to be a warmer vape but I can't tell, and going strong. I did see the coils at Fastech and other sites dirt cheap. One site had them for about 1.50 ea in 5pk. and I suspect you're being sold the knockoff version if getting a few hours or even days before dying on you. Received a 5pk box today of Kanger 1.8 which I paid $10 free shipping from a auction site/vendor online.

Find another supplier.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
You must have 15 posts before you can post anywhere but the New Members Forum
its actually 5 post before you can post anywhere else. :) and yes sounds like a rip off, I have seen the old style at places, they will have them till they run out of them. also you can always rebuild what ya got. kanger t3 rebuild - YouTube

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN

maybe this is why I've been having a hard time finding

I have always bought them as one piece with base included with these can they fit on existing base or do I need a new one?

did they stop making the one piece

tonny

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 7, 2011
China
www.kamrytech.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I was pleased at the change - ordered new bases with coils - because replacing just the coil is cheaper.
Haven't TRIED it yet, because I have a couple more "old style" bases to work through first.
BUT, just in case they DO NOT vape about the same - since you asked about a substitution - I like my T3's about the same as I like my EVODs. Just be warned that EVOD is kind of like "EGO" - you may want to be certain to get a KANGER EVOD, at least the first time, to see if you like it.
I actually have mostly T3-Mini's, and they're VERY comparable to the EVOD. If you don't mind it a bit shorter with less capacity, the EVOD is a highly recommended device similar to a T3, and you can replace the coil part as needed for like $1.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Yes you clean them, now being they have silica wicks this will be easy. Get a bowl of as hot a water as you can stand to put your hands in and rinse them in that, If they don't get clean, drop them in a cup of vinegar (white or cider is firne) for half an hour, then rinse again. Now blot them dry with a paper towel, put them back on the tank, attach batter, activate battery for 2-3 seconds (5 seconds MAX) stop for 3 seconds, repeat 3 to 5 times until the coils glow orange. Fill and vape on. :)

That, is a clean and dry burn - great for making those things last longer and, pretty much the same for any delivery device.

HanSoloRRT

Jun 11, 2013
Florida
I purchased original Kanger coils in the black Kanger box 2.0 and 1.8. Let's say three weeks into using the same 2.0 coil it was still working before switching to 1.8 which I love! Less resistance, vapes quicker, supposed to be a warmer vape but I can't tell, and going strong. I did see the coils at Fastech and other sites dirt cheap. One site had them for about 1.50 ea in 5pk. and I suspect you're being sold the knockoff version if getting a few hours or even days before dying on you. Received a 5pk box today of Kanger 1.8 which I paid $10 free shipping from a auction site/vendor online.

Find another supplier.

My internet supplier is awesome, The Digital Cigarette, those guys have been awesome, and everything I have bought from them has been great, including the Kanger T3. It seems that I have problems with the stuff I buy locally. Yesterday I was in a pinch and ended up going to the local place. Nothing I have purchased there seems to last, starting with the eVic, and ending with this "new Kanger' wick. Hell even the batteries suck. Maybe they are not selling what they say they are. The problem is that these items look the same, and as far as I can tell, there is no branding on the actual product itself.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Yes you clean them, now being they have silica wicks this will be easy. Get a bowl of as hot a water as you can stand to put your hands in and rinse them in that, If they don't get clean, drop them in a cup of vinegar (white or cider is firne) for half an hour, then rinse again. Now blot them dry with a paper towel, put them back on the tank, attach batter, activate battery for 2-3 seconds (5 seconds MAX) stop for 3 seconds, repeat 3 to 5 times until the coils glow orange. Fill and vape on. :)

That, is a clean and dry burn - great for making those things last longer and, pretty much the same for any delivery device.

ur puppy is SOOOOOOO cute! :)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Whoa,

How do I clean these??? Never heard of cleaning them, was never advised to do so. Maybe this is why I am having such a short duration with these. My average time with the Kanger with the threaded bottom section attached is 1 week, have not been able to get them to last longer. The new ones, maybe 6 hours.

I am using a PG Zero nicotine cigar flavor liquid. There is no tar. Why would anyone make an e-liquid with tar?? The whole point is to not have tar and carbon monoxide.

What they meant was some liquids can kill a coil in a matter of hours - like tar... It's usually the darker colored liquids. The darker they are the bigger the problem. You can tell when you get to the first part of cleaning: taking the thing apart.

After you unscrew the base the vent tube is exposed, with a silicone "cap" at the base of it. Move that cap up a bit on the tube so you can see what you are doing. Get a firm grip on the metal vent tube and wiggle and pull until it comes off. You can now see the wick and coil from where you removed that tube. If it looks like black tar covering the wick and coil your liquid is an atty killer. Let us know what you find.

See the video billbeckusa posted for how to proceed with cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread