Sample review thread! Share your thoughts :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I thought it would be a good idea to have one designated thread for the MEL faithful to review our sample flavors! We're continually coming up with new flavors and sending them to YOU to try before we release them! Feedback is very valuable to us and we'd love to know what you think! Feel free to share all your thoughts and opinions right here. As always, you can order our sample flavors before they're released by requesting a substitution in the comments section. Simply place any liquid in your cart with your preferred options and request the sample flavor you'd like instead! :vapor:

wingman399

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Olathe, KS
Ok so got mine in the mail and dripped the Apple Strudel I got. Figured it was premaid and already steeped. It's got a really good flavor profile. I taste the fresh apples on the inhale, maybe a little crust with it, then the cinnamon on the exhale. Throat hit is just where I expect for a 12mg juice. Vapor is just like the others I've had from you guys. Honestly, I like this flavor a lot. Can't say I'll need a big bottle or anything but it's the first bakery other than your banana nut bread I like. I'm not much on bakeries that I've tried. Thought I would be but they have always seemed to lack something. This one is nice and smooth, just like the banana nut bread which is what I have come to expect for the bakery line stuff. It's really good in my opinion.

I find it interesting how different companies are. I've had juice from a company that had great reviews and wasn't that impressed and I think I have liked each juice from you guys. You're flavors are dang close if not spot on, some I've liked, some were ok but not what I thought they were going to be. BUT, I have found that I like whatever flavorings you guys are using. They are true to what they say they are and you guys are making flavor profiles I like. It's so hard to find a vendor you love but I think it's safe to say that I will continue to try juices that sound good from you just because you've been consistent with delivering a flavorful juice. Thanks MEL

AlexAlebaster

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Indiana, USA
Just got my 3 ordered flavors, Blue Voodoo, Jade Tiger, and Calypso; along with the Apple Strudel sampler. I'm going to try to let the 3 main flavors steep for another day or two if I can help it, so I started on the Apple Strudel...
And I have to say, very good blend. I read apple strudel on the bottle, and I got apple strudel in my vape. Simple as that. Like wingman399 said above me, this flavor has a good apple taste on the way in, just with a 'decently sized' hint of the crumb/crust flavor, and a nice subtle cinnamon on the way out. This flavor IMHO gets a 9/10. Great vapor production.. (My favorite 33/67 ratio) a very spoken flavor and a nice kick for the TH.

I'll be back to post more about the other flavors over the course of this coming week.

Cheers, and thanks again for a great experience MEL!

-alex

Thank you for all the feedback guys! HFC is almost like RY4 to me, but with more of a tobacco taste. Obviously no caramel but still very sweet! I'm not a tobacco vaper, but this one I could do for a day or 2! Dave thinks it tastes like Smacks :p

Apple Strudel is superb in my book. I'm so glad you all are enjoying it too! Thank you all and keep the reviews coming! We love to hear what you think :D

AlexAlebaster

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Indiana, USA
So I've had the few days to let my 3 flavors; Jade Tiger, Calypso, and Blue Voodoo; steep a bit. The flavors are all superb!

Jade Tiger, has a really good kick to it. The watermelon and pineapple is what I taste on the inhale, sweet and smooth with the TH following in right after, and a nice hint of strawberry and, just like advertised, a HINT of coconut. Great for all day vape. 10/10

Calypso, being the strongest most pronounced flavor I've tried thus far, is literally what it says. I get both the Peach and Champagne on the inhale and exhale, great TH, and another definite all day vape for me. 10/10

As for Blue Voodoo, I can't express enough how delicious this flavor is. I get a mix between either blue jollyrancher or a slight blueberry 'candy' jam/jelly. This one I'm saving for last, so it has more time to steep, but with the couple drops I've tried it's most definitely already in my favs book. I will be coming back for more of this in the near future. Since I haven't gotten much but a few taste tests, this gets a PROBABLE all day vape, and a PROBABLE 10/10, will follow up when I have broken into my bottle.

Just so everyone is clear, I'm pretty new to taste testing, so I'm going off of 'how to taste test' from videos I've seen in the past. These are all my opinions of course, so results will most definitely vary between other consumers. But damn these flavors are good.

So to conclude my post, can't wait to try more exciting blends from MEL!
Cheers everyone.

Edit:
I also realize I had made this thread more or less for the Samples that come with the flavors, but if ECF staff find the thread good enough to keep, and isn't copying any other threads, I will be doing my reviews for each and every flavor I get from MEL here.
Just thought I should bring this to attention that I don't really care what's posted about what flavors, I initially started it for samples but all flavors go. ;)

-Alex

Last edited:

jsk3693

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Houston, TX USA
Hello everyone! New Mister E fan here, found your products by chance looking for a bubblegum flavor for my wife. She ended up LOVING it but the best thing for me was the the unexpected but extremely tasty sample of HFC included! Not been a fan of any tobacco vapes before but this was amazing!

Smell in the bottle was a pleasant but not over-powering honey graham cracker. Vapor production with the MEL 33% VG blend was outstanding even on my little 510 with kanger horizontal coil cartomizer. Throat hit at 12mg nic was also just where I like it (and I typically vape 24mg). Flavor... Wow. Very bold honey/graham cracker on the initial inhale with a subtle but pronounced tobacco note. Some sweetness here but not what I would call a sweet vape. Exhale is clean tobacco with no funky aftertaste. Paired with a dark ale it was out of this world. I would absolutely order this again BUT there are so many other flavors I want to try first!

My second order had a sample of Apple Strudel. I'd love to give an in depth review but my wife swiped it and vaped it all in about a day! :laugh: I did get a couple puffs from her and from what I could tell it tasted exactly like... Apple strudel! Very tasty and obviously a winner with my wife.

Thanks for the great vapes Mr. E, we will be back for more!

AlexAlebaster

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Indiana, USA
Glad you had good experiences with MEL's delectable liquids! I live maybe 2 hours from them and very happy with their shipping rates/flavors. I usually receive my order within 2 days tops. Sometimes 3 but that's USPS's fault. -_-
I recommend if you like sweet flavors or fruit flavors to try Jade Tiger, and Blue Voodoo. Excellent bold flavors and not too super sweet. Just the right amount. I just got a Protank v2 and first thing I put in it is Blue Voodoo. Can't wait to get my orders of RY4 and Grey Matter.. Just to see what samples I get next. ;)

Happy Vaping! :vapor:

CheriePie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
cheriepie.com
Hi all! Another happy first time MEL customer here. :)
Received my vapemail on Friday and upon opening, was pleasantly surprised by the personal messages on my invoice as well as the extra goodies I received.

I've already dipped into several of these tasty juices already and om nom nom...

The included sample of Apple Strudel is the bomb! Absolutely the best Apple pie/strudel juice I've tasted to date! Definitely looking forward to seeing that on the site soon so I can order in my usual 6mg and add it to my regular rotation. (Fortunately for my mom--who paid for and split this order with me--12mg is her daily, so she'll have a chance to sample it too since I wasn't able to gobble it all down myself! Lol)

The French Presso, which they also included but in my requested 6mg, I have to test a bit more. Right now I'm just getting a very strong burnt coffee taste which I had to lighten up with some whipped cream from another vendor, to make it a lot more palatable to me. Could be that is too strong a flavor for dripping, but I'll play with it a bit more to see.

Blue Voodoo & Vape Nectar are probably my favorite so far out of the gate. Also got Jade Tiger, Bermuda Rain, Gray Matter, and RY4, all also really good. All had an hour long bath in my UC so are probably fairly close to being fully steeped and I was able to get good flavor from all of them. Looking forward to seeing how they all progress over the course of the next week. :)

Last edited:

AlexAlebaster

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Indiana, USA
Awesome! I love the apple strudel as well. I just got HFC for the second time and am super happy that's what came in my order. Very great tobacco vape. For my actual order I got RY4 and Grey Matter.. So far they are both amazing. First time buy I got grey matter with light menthol and IMO it covered too much of the actual flavor but this time around it is delicious. As for the ry4 this is my first time with any ry4 mix, and I'm very happy. Lots of bold flavor! Glad but not surprised to see another satisfied customer! :D I'm spreading the word about MEL like a wild fire in late June in my area!
As always, happy vapes from Indiana! & thanks again MEL for the satisfying flavors.

Samurai671

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Guam
Awesome! I love the apple strudel as well. I just got HFC for the second time and am super happy that's what came in my order. Very great tobacco vape. For my actual order I got RY4 and Grey Matter.. So far they are both amazing. First time buy I got grey matter with light menthol and IMO it covered too much of the actual flavor but this time around it is delicious. As for the ry4 this is my first time with any ry4 mix, and I'm very happy. Lots of bold flavor! Glad but not surprised to see another satisfied customer! :D I'm spreading the word about MEL like a wild fire in late June in my area!
As always, happy vapes from Indiana! & thanks again MEL for the satisfying flavors.

I see we have the same taste.:) That is exactly what I ordered yesterday, RY4 and Grey Matter my 2 favorites from MEL and both in their biggest size the 36ml. Now only if they had bigger ml choices...:laugh:

We do, Samurai! You can order a 4oz or 8oz bottle. Just give us a call at 1-855-Mister-E!

I see we have the same taste.:) That is exactly what I ordered yesterday, RY4 and Grey Matter my 2 favorites from MEL and both in their biggest size the 36ml. Now only if they had bigger ml choices...:laugh:

Thank you for the order, Cherie! Glad you're enjoying the liquids. We enjoyed making them for you! You might want to give the regular espresso a try. The French presso is pretty strong. Most of our customers prefer the espresso ;) You can absolutely order Apple Strudel or any of our sample flavors in a larger size. Request a substitution in the comments section!

Hi all! Another happy first time MEL customer here. :)
Received my vapemail on Friday and upon opening, was pleasantly surprised by the personal messages on my invoice as well as the extra goodies I received.

I've already dipped into several of these tasty juices already and om nom nom...

The included sample of Apple Strudel is the bomb! Absolutely the best Apple pie/strudel juice I've tasted to date! Definitely looking forward to seeing that on the site soon so I can order in my usual 6mg and add it to my regular rotation. (Fortunately for my mom--who paid for and split this order with me--12mg is her daily, so she'll have a chance to sample it too since I wasn't able to gobble it all down myself! Lol)

The French Presso, which they also included but in my requested 6mg, I have to test a bit more. Right now I'm just getting a very strong burnt coffee taste which I had to lighten up with some whipped cream from another vendor, to make it a lot more palatable to me. Could be that is too strong a flavor for dripping, but I'll play with it a bit more to see.

Blue Voodoo & Vape Nectar are probably my favorite so far out of the gate. Also got Jade Tiger, Bahama Rain, Gray Matter, and RY4, all also really good. All had an hour long bath in my UC so are probably fairly close to being fully steeped and I was able to get good flavor from all of them. Looking forward to seeing how they all progress over the course of the next week. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread