You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Status
Not open for further replies.
vaping is so awesome! I
wish I would have found out about it sooner!

Now I've never been heavily addicted to cigarettes, I have smoked a bit in the past but it was never really my thing. Hookah was okay but the setup of those things are ridiculous. I have always loved the feeling of smoking though, oral fixation?? But hated the consequences to your health and plus the smell :unsure: blehh

BUT THEN! I found out about vaping through a blogger friend of mine named Liz! She does E-Cig reviews on youtube and I was watching them and I started asking her about kits and juices and it all went from there~

I was always pretty skeptical of ordering online but luckily I found out there was a Vape Shoppe in my city so I went and got to try all the liquids at their "Vapor Bar" (they had a special case of 0 mg Nicotine juices) and I learned all about the mods they had (which was just basically Egos but HEY ITS A START!) I instantly loved their Honey Dew flavor and it is what I am currently vaping on! I think its so refreshing-yet sweet, and I can use it all day! :thumbs:

I think what I am the most excited for is customizing my mods and making them my own! I've been going though ALL the pages of this thread and getting SO inspired! I've been looking up jwrap skins but gahh searching is hard when you have no idea what all these brands are for the batteries :oops: oh well I will learn eventually!

There is still A LOT I have to learn and this forum has been so helpful! I've been a lurker mostly and finally decided to register an account!! So thank you to all you wonderful people who deal with stupid newbies like me who have no idea what they're doing! You're all amazing and so supportive of everyone! And congrats to those that have kicked the nasty tobacco habit and are living the vape lifestyle!! vape on~
:toast:

Last edited:

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
Hi Rayna, Glad you made it to the forum. You seem quite excited to have discovered the world of vaping. I noticed you posted in the "what mod are you using now" thread. You are probably doing the right thing by looking around and asking questions. You will have a much more satisfying experience and save a lot of money by researching first. That being said, everyone has their own style and comfort zone in the forum. There is no "one size fits all" solutions. There are three basic topic areas to address. 1) Power source (battery, mod, custom), 2) Delivery device (Cartomizer, RBA, Dripping), 3) E-liquid (Flavor, Vendor, Cost). Keep looking around and ask the forum when you have specific questions. Congrats.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Hmm. Not sure what to say. "Welcome to ECF!" is a good start.

I'd rather see you inhale only clean air. If you haven't developed a "bad habit", don't start one. However, I'd rather see you mess with e-cigs than cigs or hookah. There's no guarantee that e-cigs are safe. They are more a harm-reduction strategy as compared to other inhaled things particularly smoking.

However, you're an adult. You make your choices and it's a free country.

Hi Rayna, Glad you made it to the forum. You seem quite excited to have discovered the world of vaping. I noticed you posted in the "what mod are you using now" thread. You are probably doing the right thing by looking around and asking questions. You will have a much more satisfying experience and save a lot of money by researching first. That being said, everyone has their own style and comfort zone in the forum. There is no "one size fits all" solutions. There are three basic topic areas to address. 1) Power source (battery, mod, custom), 2) Delivery device (Cartomizer, RBA, Dripping), 3) E-liquid (Flavor, Vendor, Cost). Keep looking around and ask the forum when you have specific questions. Congrats.

Yes very excited! Also lack of sleep, its 7am here... whoops. I will indeed keep researching, there is also a bigger vendor in my town in the cities so I think I might head there and see whats what! I am definitely more of a mid size mod type of person, I am interested in APV's but I will just wait till I get to attend a Vape Bash type of event so I can see how they work first hand!

BillyRayBob

Jun 18, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
Hi there!

I've been thinking lately that if the choice is between seeing younger folks start smoking cigarettes (which obviously and very unfortunately happens a lot), or seeing them pick up vaping, I'd rather see vaping.

It's great that you're sticking with ZERO nic juices. Hobbies come and go, with no nic you'll be able to put it down anytime :). Once we throw nic in there, we become slaves to our brain receptors and that gets old really really fast. So wish I had the good sense to think of that back in the day!

Of course, I would be remiss not to mention that it isn't entirely clear what the effects of smoking vegetable glycerin or propelyne glycol really is in the long term. For me? It certainly can't be worse than the nasties I was smoking before.
On the other hand :), if my nieces and nephew who do not smoke were to ask me, I would steer them towards just about anything else they can mod and personalize with a good community that doesn't involve ingesting any questionable products :). I'm sounding really old right now... but sounds like you're really enjoying the aspect of a supportive community, and the modding aspect, which can be found in all kinds of things! Amazing what people come up with when modding computer cases, for example!

Anyway, welcome to the community! I lurked a long time before finally registering too. I'm pretty sure I'd be speaking for everyone in saying you certainly don't need to be vaping to join this community! We'll like ya all the same :).

Enjoy the meteor shower tonight, and stay healthy :2cool:

Ah! I didn't see that you weren't a regular nicotine user! Stick with 0mg if you're really gonna stick with using ecigs...getting a nic addiction isn't a good idea!x

No not a regular nicotine user, I did smoke heavily in rebellious teen years \m/ scene kid skater aw yeah super cool:glare: but I ended up just quitting on my own

I do have family members and friends that still smoke, I am trying to get them to make the switch over as well! I think I am taking my dad to the cities this upcoming week, crossing all my limbs for luck in hope that he likes it

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Hi Rayna and welcome to ECF. Just curious, if you never really liked smoking and were not addicted to it then why start vaping. As a former smoker of the stinkies for 30+ years I started vaping to quit the stinkies. Had I never smoked, I would have never started vaping for just the flavor. Don't get me wrong the taste great, but the main reason is to get my nicotine fix and slowly wean myself off. I did not start vaping so I could have and or build and walk around with a mod so that I could look cool. I didn't look cool walking around with a stinkie and I don't look cool with my VAPE gear, but it is helping me get weaned off my addiction. So my question to you is......why start, even with 0 nic?

Hmm. Not sure what to say. "Welcome to ECF!" is a good start.

I'd rather see you inhale only clean air. If you haven't developed a "bad habit", don't start one. However, I'd rather see you mess with e-cigs than cigs or hookah. There's no guarantee that e-cigs are safe. They are more a harm-reduction strategy as compared to other inhaled things particularly smoking.

However, you're an adult. You make your choices and it's a free country.

I know I know, literally right after I submitted this I saw a post on the general chat about how non-smokers are stupid for vaping. I think its kinda of almost hypocritical considering after awhile people refer to vaping as their hobby. It might not be the healthiest or the cheapest, or the smartest, but a hobby none the less after time.

I am aware that vaping is MAINLY for stopping people from quitting though, its amazing and life changing and it makes me so happy that people are finding a safer stress free way to quit. I just want people to be happy and prosper~

I should have specified but I didnt want to get all *~*~personal~*~* on you all in my first post but while I am not a regular nicotine smoker I used to be and because of stress at home and college and all the pressures of life and dealing with anxiety and depression urges started to surface again. I would rather vape and risk whatever smoking vegetable glycerin or propelyne glycol does then put the chemicals of cigarettes in my body again.

I am now second guessing joining this thread and kinda wish I would've just staying in the background of things.
none the less 0 mg juice always, they still make amazing flavors with that, I just wont be able to get basic sample kits from suppliers that have 12mg in them, I think I can live with that.

Hi Rayna and welcome to ECF. Just curious, if you never really liked smoking and were not addicted to it then why start vaping. As a former smoker of the stinkies for 30+ years I started vaping to quit the stinkies. Had I never smoked, I would have never started vaping for just the flavor. Don't get me wrong the taste great, but the main reason is to get my nicotine fix and slowly wean myself off. I did not start vaping so I could have and or build and walk around with a mod so that I could look cool. I didn't look cool walking around with a stinkie and I don't look cool with my VAPE gear, but it is helping me get weaned off my addiction. So my question to you is......why start, even with 0 nic?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

have mercy what did I get myself into. I specified in my last reply, I didnt really do a good job of it in my intro post I apologize for that I really really do, I started vaping because I quit awhile ago but urges started resurfacing due to stress +other lame life things and it really just calms me down and keeps me level headed

I AM BY NO MEANS JUST WALKING AROUND LIKE HAY GUYS LOOK AT ME AND MY SICK MOD YEAH *hairflip* COOL KID NUMBER ONE RIGHT HERE AW YES *ollies over crowd* I AM YOUR SUPERIOR LOOK AT THIS VAPOR ITS NOT SMOKE ITS ~*~*~*~VAAAPORRRR~*~*~*~*~ WOW DONT YOU WISH YOUR GURLFRIEND WAS HAWT LIKE ME-dontchaaaaaaa

no.

I am using it in the comfort of my own home, usually in my room, I dont even bring it around my family since I have animals and a younger sister I dont want them see my mod, let alone me using it.
I do have a smaller mod, I think you all refer to them as cigalikes? that I keep in my purse in case of emergencies and I just need to take a chill pill

also congrats on slowly weening yourself off, I am proud of you and I hope you kick the habit entirely if that is your goal :)

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
We don't want to beat up on you. You apparently gravitate toward this stuff, having smoked before.

It's just that most of us:
A) Have damaged their bodies with tobacco
B) are "reformed" smokers and don't want to see others "get into it".
C) are cautious because of all the "anti-ecig" stuff and the claim that e-cigs are a gateway to cigs or some such nonsense.

It's a free country. :) Make the best decisions for you that you can.

We just don't want you to think it's 100% safe...nobody knows for sure. Better this than the hookah you mentioned.

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Forgive us Rayna. The problem for us nic heads is we're trying to protect our right to vape because we're already addicted to nicotine. Seeing people (ESP younger people) vaping as a hobby who never or rarely smoked tobacco - right now - gives the anti-vape community ammo against us. It makes vaping look like just a gimmick to get people addicted and not a tool for quitting/healthier alternative.

BillyRayBob

Jun 18, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
I would rather vape and risk whatever smoking vegetable glycerin or propelyne glycol does then put the chemicals of cigarettes in my body again.

Cha-ching! :banana:

Can you believe I quit cold turkey for two years once, only to wind up buying a pack one day because I was "bored." :facepalm: Ugh.

Good work not going back to the nasties!

Getting back to the fun of creative mods, have you seen this page?
The Top Ten Coolest Electronic Cigarette MODS | What E-Cigarette

Some of these things can really get so artistic! Makes me look around my house wondering what I could turn into a mod :laugh:

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
have mercy what did I get myself into. I specified in my last reply, I didnt really do a good job of it in my intro post I apologize for that I really really do, I started vaping because I quit awhile ago but urges started resurfacing due to stress +other lame life things and it really just calms me down and keeps me level headed

Rayna, welcome to ECF! It sounds like you are making a wise choice, since it sounds like you could easily find yourself smoking again. Back when I smoked, I would successfully quit, sometimes for months, only to start again when a stressful life event happened.

Keep in mind that the concern expressed by folks about a seemingly non-smoker starting vaping is rooted in care and kindness; part of the reason this is such a great community. Don't let that initial concern put you off, this is a very welcoming and kind community.

Once again, welcome! :D

lissa5168

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
East TN

While I understand trying to steer someone who has never smoked a cigarette in their life away from vaping (even 0mg), I don't understand trying to steer someone who HAS smoked but wasn't, or is no longer, addicted to the nicotine from vaping.

Addiction to nicotine isn't the only addiction to smoking. There is, as she mentioned, the oral fixation and mental factors as well. I had kicked smoking (25+ year habit) and nicotine four years before I found vaping. There is no way I still needed the nicotine, but randomly I would bum a cigarette from someone if I was stressed, or worse: buy a whole pack and smoke until those were gone and then not smoke again for a few months. Each time, I hated how I felt after smoking. I was still addicted, just not to the nicotine. Vaping has cured that! (And yes, I vape strictly 0mg.)

As she stated above, she liked the feel of smoking. She also stated she is from a smoking family. So was I. My parents were born in the 20s and were young adults in the 40s when smoking was the thing and highly encouraged. I watched them smoke to relieve stress, smoke as a social ritual, smoke after dinner, etc. You build mental notes on what smoking is "good" for. And even if you get free (or never addicted to) nicotine, these mental notes stay with you. Trust me.

In the end, vaping is safer than smoking. Sure, like Atty Pops said, clean air is better; but if you're gonna pick something up to fill a need, be it physical or mental, an e-cig is better than a cigarette.

We don't want to beat up on you. You apparently gravitate toward this stuff, having smoked before.

It's just that most of us:
A) Have damaged their bodies with tobacco
B) are "reformed" smokers and don't want to see others "get into it".
C) are cautious because of all the "anti-ecig" stuff and the claim that e-cigs are a gateway to cigs or some such nonsense.

It's a free country. :) Make the best decisions for you that you can.

We just don't want you to think it's 100% safe...nobody knows for sure. Better this than the hookah you mentioned.

I really appreciate your concern, and I mean that in the most none sarcastic way, that phrase always makes people seem like :glare: ya know! But really I do!

I have done research and know its not 100% safe, and never did I say it was 100% safe, I know its probably not healthy. Neither is drinking but people do it every once an awhile. Horrible analogy but ehh it sort of gets the point across. None the less its better than cigarettes. and sorry for unneeded sass and attitude its so early and I need to sleep x__x eventually..
Im usually not as excited about things, or defensive.. usually just mehh

curse my witty titles, now people are going to come here and see what an idiot I am :oops: :facepalm: :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread