Chi you clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Jacksonville, NC, USA
im hoping the one vapor tech is pre-ording isnt the one "timDXking" is using. did you notice how many times it looked like it misfired on him? and that center pin is annoyingly chrome.

Most the misfires happened because of the carto tank... High resistance for a mech mod

whit77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
uk
F tech one has a spelling error hehe :D I have one coming from aka
1429801-4.jpg

davewuvswaffles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Philadelphia
I would love one as well... So hard to get your hands on tho

One of the guys at my local B&M seems to be into trading and says they aren't *too* hard to get, second hand that is.

I've got a few months though before I try to get one. I'll probably get a Kayfun/Russian first :)

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head
:(
Just saw this post
Originally posted by tearose 50 in http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/fasttech/455658-holy-mods-5-new-mech-mods-fasttech-more.html
I thought this worth passing on:

"4:13pm Aug 14

CHI YOU CLONE SAFETY WARNING

Hello. Some of you know that I run a site called FatDaddyVapes.com. ..... I will not be carrying any of the new Chi You clones. All the Chi Yous clones on the market right now are made by one manufacturer. This includes the ones that Fasttech sells. I know the manufacturers and am actually friends with them. I tried stopping them but they said that there is already a lot of orders committed.

There are 3 flaws that could be disastrous.

1 – The adjustment screws pins on top are short. This was designed using protected batteries. If you are using unprotected batteries like most mechanical mod users, the pin will get loose when you try to make it fit. It might work but once unattended, or if placed on a vehicle with vibrations, could get lose, cut the battery insulation, and cause a short leading to a leak – or worse, an explosion. THIS COULD HAPPEN EVEN WITHOUT AN ATOMIZER AND THE SAFETY ON!!!

2 – The bottom cover/switch assembly wobbles. This WOULD (as opposed to “could”) also cause an accidental misfire. Again, fire, injury, or property damage risks as a result of leaking or explosion. This could happen only if an atomizer is attached. EVEN WITH THE SAFETY ON, IT WOULD STILL FIRE BECAUSE THE CONTACT ROD INSIDE IS ALSO TILTED!!!

3 – THE WORSE. The bottom cover does not have any insulation. If you use those gray Panasonic batteries, IT WILL FIRE AS SOON AS YOU GET THE CAP ON IF YOU HAVE AN ATOMIZER ON!!! The gray Panasonics do not have the extra insulation at the bottom. (The bottom is exposed.) Even other brands are susceptible to this is you microcoil or sub-ohm because the battery shrink tube shrinks when heated.

I found a fix for it. Unfortunately, I still need it manufactured – IN CHINA! Unless one of you guys can make me custom brass bolts or has access to specialized small machinery hardware. Message me if you could help me expedite this process.

If you already have one of these Chi Yous, make sure that you use protected batteries. Also, go to Home depot and buy O-rings to be placed on the inside perimeter of the bottom cover. After all your adjustments are done, LOCTITE (Blue) that damn switch so it won’t get loose!!!

VAPE SAFE!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread