chi you clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in san diego and keep hearing about the chi you how its all the rage* I see them going for 400, 500 dollars on craigslist and online. I really dont have the time to look for this unobtanium mod so I was thinking about the next best thing. A shop in san diego call ciggysonthebeach is advertising a chi you clone that has silver plated pins for 55 dollars preorder. Now that sounds like its in my budget, my question is has anyone owned one of these clones and do they perform well? Im very curious on this mod and there is a lot of commotion spreading around in san diego. Theres pictures and stuff on their site ciggysvapespot.com, would really like some advise. Ohh and right now I am using a titan with a nimbus at .2 ohms :)

ilanstylz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
SoCal
I got my chi you clone from a gb on fb for $32 shipped, bought silver plated pins for $6........ I did a test with the silver pins using a .9ohm atty and on my chi you clone I got a .42 voltage drop using an aw imr 18650 battery. Did the same test on my VW nemesis using all the same items and got a .33 voltage drop...... So comparing a $38 mod to my $220 mod and only a .09 voltage drop difference, IMO the chi you clone is DEF!!!! worth the money ;-)

ilanstylz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
SoCal
I cant believe they cloned the chi....looks dam good down to the logo wow!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

To be honest its almost the exact same, the only way to tell is from the very very few differences.....

I got this from a user that posted on another forum:

"1. Look at the serial number above. The real chi uses block style fonts for the numbers. The fake Chi uses regular rounded fonts.
2. The airflow control ring and locking ring on the fake is made of aluminum. At glance you won't be able to tell the difference, but when you hold it it's obvious.
3. The threading on the fake chi is not nearly as smooth as the real chi.
4. The 18650 and 18490 extension tubes are a bit wider than the rest of the body. By this I mean the outer diameter.
5. The firing button button is not as smooth as the real chi
6. When locking the mod with the lock ring the firing button will still have a bit of "play" unless screwed on real tight, this is due to the use of aluminum locking ring and sloppy craftsmanship compared to the real chi."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread