EGO-C Not charging Properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stosh Ferhobin

Aug 15, 2013
Grafton, Wi
Hey guys ive had my Ego-C battery for about 3 months, i dont know all the specs but i got it from a itisvapor store in Menominee falls, WI

Anyway it was working great for what seemed like forever, then i moved my PC to a different room in my house (irrelevant?)

And noticed today that when its plugged in the little red light that says its charging (where plugged in) doesnt turn on unless i press the middle Button (which lights up white , meaning low battery?) then after about 5 min it seems to stop charging. and the color stays white.
I toggled the Volt options with the 5 click/hold method and now i got it glowing orange at constant voltage 3.3? but it still doesnt charge automatically like it used too. If i go back to the other voltage option (blue) it lights up white still when vaping.

I called the store and they said they wouldnt be able to help me over the phone, any idea whats going on?
Im afraid to plug this into a iphone usb wall charger to test that since i was told to only use Computers/Gaming consoles for a slower charge

2ier.jpg

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
by A\C to USB adapter u mean like an Iphone 4/5 charging hub thing? cause i have one of those.

The guy at the store told me not to use those because they charge too fast and can damage the battery/ void warranty

The battery should only draw as much current as it needs to charge. The guys are the store are notorious for not knowing exactly what they are talking about.

I have an iTaste VV V3 with an internal 800 mAh battery and I charge it with the same A/C to USB adapter that came with my Nokia smartphone; it works with no problems whatsoever.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I just tried the Iphone4 adapter, same issue, have to press the button to get it to charge, going to go see if i have a UsbtoUSb cord laying around the try that,

whats a head charger?

eGo batteries have a small cable that has a USB connection on one end and a round screw on connection on the other that you attach to the end of your battery. It's possible that cable is bad.

EDIT: Nevermind, i just saw the cable you are using. Have you tried a different USB cable?

It is also possible that the battery is dead. eGo's should last longer than a few months but it's possible that it's faulty.

Stosh Ferhobin

Aug 15, 2013
Grafton, Wi
i dont have any others mini usb cables to try, but im beginning to think i may just be stupid, I thought it died before while it was vaping at white, so i assumed white meant low battery, but blinking blue means low battery. Maybe white means fully charged and thats why it wont charge any further? (although i thought orange was fully charged, and blue was low)
Im going to continue to experiment for the day while im at work, ill post back here later.

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
Try the wall charger - your USB port may be wonky.

Need 5v @420mah to properly charge.

Your pass through cable may also be bad. If you have a Head charger, try that.

Also note that most iPhone chargers are 5v @1000mah, which is why the guy at the store said not to use them. A slower charge is better for your battery.

It is possible (although unlikely) that the usb ports on your computer are in two sets, one with a low amperage and one with a higher amperage. Also, if you have it going through a usb hub, that will severely degrade performance. That being said, a 5v @500mah usb wall wart shouldn't be hard to find. As others have also said, check your cable.

Stosh Ferhobin

Aug 15, 2013
Grafton, Wi
i mean i freakin love the thing, ive tried many pen style ecigs before and this thing just puts them to shame. Theres been nothing better than the strawberry flavor for me. and i have a hard time finding ones as good, im going to look into DIY flavors now. but yeah it lasts me about a day and half charge. im getting a little tired of the replacement cartidges so i might buy 1 of the $25 like tank systems soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread