900MAh voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Understand and thats fine. A multimeter is used to test electrical circuits and electronic components. It's a very handy tool for a vaper to own. You can get a cheap one for vaping purposes from Harbor Freight, Sears,WalMart etc.
I don't remember exactly if unregulated ego output 3.4 or 3.3 volts. I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the correct answer.

Welcome to ECF. Don't be afraid to participate.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
i just started less than 3 weeks ago and im still trying to get the hang of things. i have an ego 900mah and i dont know how much voltage it puts out how do i figure that out?

Welcome to ECF OptimusPrimerib.

mAh is mili amp hours. That is a way of stating how much energy there is in the battery. So yours, 900 mAh, will put out 900 mili amps for one hour, or 1,800 mA for 1/2 hour, or 450 mA for 2 hours.

How many volts it puts out is another thing again. The battery inside is likely a lithium ion cell that charges to about 4.2 volts and dicharges to about 3.3 volts. There is likely regulation circuitry that stabilizes the output voltage. If you tell us what the battery called and who makes it someone will probably be able to tell you the voltage it outputs.

ETA: I missed that it's an eGo :facepalm:. I think it's either around 3.3 as gimmieshelter said or around 3.7 if it's a knock off Joye. Who makes it will likely tell the tale.

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Ego's can be 3.4 or 3.7v for the unregulated (I think) and between 3.3 to 4.8 for the VV.

Do you happen to know the model of ego - or can you provide a link where you got it from? If not, can you tell us if there is any dial on the bottom, what color the button is or if it has a brand on it please?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Without a multi meter or manufacturer disclosure I don't think there's any way to tell what the voltage of an eGo is. However, we aren't looking at a very wide range, so I'd say just pretend it's 3.7v and use that to base you resistance choices on. (Even if unregulated, the battery won't fire 4.2v under load and drops to 3.7v pretty quickly)

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
That is an eGo, its 3.7 unregulated right off the battery

To know exactly with a pretty good variance ± get a multimeter
$7.20 BEST DT830D Digital Multimeter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Not the BEST in the world..but it literally beats NOTHING

You should be able to run 1.8Ω to 2.5Ω with no problems at all!

Since you are new...there is also a technique to vaping you should know

Instead of long hard drags like on a cigarette (referred to as analogs) the proper way to prevent the burnt taste is to puff on the tip like you were on a pipe or trying to start a 1/2 lit analog. [puff puff puff]
This keeps from drying out the wick under the coils (the viscosity (thickness) of the fluid is higher than water so it wicks just slowly) too long and hard a drag drys out the wick under the coil allowing the coil to burn red and that is what cooks or caramelizes your juice...cooked juice = burnt taste
Plus it throws nice big clouds of vapor :D

Welcome to the forum and Vape On!!!

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
the head is 2.20

Yes, you'll be fine. You don't have to worry about what you screw onto the battery if you stay around 2.0Ω. The worst than can happen is if you use a higher resistance it will be under powered.

ETA: In the future I wouldn't buy from that vendor, their listings are flaky. I'm of the opinion that if a vendor can't be bothered to list their products correctly, they might not be the most trustworthy.

What's wrong with this listing?

http://www.sincityvapor.com/batteries-and-chargers/65-efest-18650-2000-mah.html (Not including the fact the link goes to a different product.)

Last edited:

OptimusPrimerib

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
i started there and ive already moved on to a new shop. when we first started we told the guy we smoked red 100s and i had done a little research but enough to know that i needed 24ml of nic so i told him that and he told me to try it and if i still fealt that way i could come back and hed switch it out for me when i came back the next day a different guy was there and i asked him and he seemed annoyed plus i also asked if i could up the vg from 30 to 50/50 and he looked me dead in the eye and said well that sounds like something your gonna have to ask for when you buy your next bottle. plus i dont know if it was just competitive trash talk but my new shop said that my old shop laces theyre juice with rubbing alcohol. trust me im done with them already.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Yes, you'll be fine. You don't have to worry about what you screw onto the battery if you stay around 2.0Ω. The worst than can happen is if you use a higher resistance it will be under powered.

ETA: In the future I wouldn't buy from that vendor, their listings are flaky. I'm of the opinion that if a vendor can't be bothered to list their products correctly, they might not be the most trustworthy.

What's wrong with this listing?

AW IMR 18350 700mAh - Sin City Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, Las Vegas (Not including the fact the link goes to a different product.)

If I can jump in; this game looks like fun... The mAh rating (in the description) doesn't agree with what's on the battery but I'm concerned on a completely different level. See how the wrapping is a bit crinkled/loose? The crimp on the can is poorly defined which makes it look like it's been done on sub-standard equipment. The label looks wrong and the AW label doesn't look quite right.

Now AW batteries do probably come out of a few different factories, but I'm suspicious enough that I would not purchase that product.

It should look more like this one:

AW18350-2T.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread