Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejc

Aug 17, 2013
Australia
Hi,I just purchased halo g6 starter pack with 5 mini tanks and an assortment of e liquid tobacco flavours. Ive just read since that their mini tanks are prone to leaks and have since found out that joyetech MT3 are leak proof? Should I find that the Halo's do indeed leak I was wondering if I could use the Joyetech MT3 on the Halo battery ? I was also wondering how long the non refill cartomisers and the refill mini tanks were safe to use before they became a health hazard i.e bacteria .I say this because I estimate that I would be using them for at least 4 days . Any advice would be very welcome and appreciated. Thanks Mike

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The juice is anti-bacterial, as is the nicotine, so no issue there. I do like stainless steel drip tips though for the anti-bacterial quality of them. Not sure about the halo products, but I can tell you that clearos leak. They all leak. Eventually, for one reason or another, they will leak. However, you can learn to minimize leaks, and correct the issues before you make a big mess. I learned from watching YouTube videos on leaking and cleaning clearos. Big help, and nothing beats the videos for instruction. I like Phil Busardo, Grimm, Todd and a few others the best on reviews. When you mention the MT3, all I can think of is the Kanger MT3, and not Joyetech, so I'm not sure about the topper you have in mind. You can always post a link to what you're thinking about and that helps us all get on the same page. Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more helpful. good luck, welcome and congrats on getting here!

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sounds to me like you have an EGO with a joytech charger and a Kanger MT3... If that is the case, these tanks leak all the time, and you need to carry a spare atomizer head if you like the tank. Otherwise, get a protank, they leak less, but all of them leak. Good luck... PS I like to use gun cleaning wipes for when they leak. Cheap, disposable, small.

mikejc

Aug 17, 2013
Australia
Hi all,
Thanks for the welcome and all the advice.Wiz I checked out busardo and the other guy.Hell I reckon I know about 1% of what there is to know about vapouring.I am waiting for my halo g6 kit to arrive but I already suspect I will be moving to the Tritin and tank.Thats why I got the mini tanks to see the difference re cartomisers.It wont be a waste because I will use the g6 + mini tanks on certain occassions.
However after watching the editors review of Triton Im pretty sure I will be heading down that track.Some question though-should I be considering the variable volt for the Triton and what battery will be sufficient?Big Ben-is it really possible to use the g6 mini tanks for the Triton?Finally how often do you guys change your tanks?
Thanks
Mike

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Sounds to me like you have an EGO with a joytech charger and a Kanger MT3... If that is the case, these tanks leak all the time, and you need to carry a spare atomizer head if you like the tank. Otherwise, get a protank, they leak less, but all of them leak. Good luck... PS I like to use gun cleaning wipes for when they leak. Cheap, disposable, small.

This!!:)
And....wooden toothpicks or Q-tips to keep from accidentally shorting out the top of my Twist when I clean the ooze off the top...!!
A Protank 2 is on the way....along with 5 spare heads!!

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Hi all,
Thanks for the welcome and all the advice.Wiz I checked out busardo and the other guy.Hell I reckon I know about 1% of what there is to know about vapouring.I am waiting for my halo g6 kit to arrive but I already suspect I will be moving to the Tritin and tank.Thats why I got the mini tanks to see the difference re cartomisers.It wont be a waste because I will use the g6 + mini tanks on certain occassions.
However after watching the editors review of Triton Im pretty sure I will be heading down that track.Some question though-should I be considering the variable volt for the Triton and what battery will be sufficient?Big Ben-is it really possible to use the g6 mini tanks for the Triton?Finally how often do you guys change your tanks?
Thanks
Mike
Yes, the Triton battery is fully backward compatible with all G6 accessories. You can pickup the small cone, to cover the larger thread on the Triton; it's just decorative though.

The Triton battery is not regulated (i.e., the voltage drops from 4.2 to 3.7 as the battery discharges). It's barely noticeable, but it's there. If you want a regulated battery, Smokeless Image sells one. The battery will discharge a bit faster though.

VV is for fine tuning the heat. I don't use one, but if you plan on using a lot of different flavors, it's a nice to have item. I haven't felt the need for one yet, two months in.

I got the 900 mAh, and they last me well over a day. They're not much bigger than the 650. If you're going to be a heavy vaper, consider the 900 or the 1'300. There's a smaller (400 mAh) one if you prefer a light setup.

The deciding factor between the G6 and Triton, beyond the bigger battery, is the limiter: a G6 stops after 5 seconds, a Triton stops after a 10 second draw. I got tired of the 5 second limit, but I've never hit the 10 second limit.

BTW, if you ever want to try a different tank, you can always buy an 808-to-eGo adapter; it'll fit both the G6 and Triton.

petermatra

Aug 4, 2013
NY
I have slept on top of my G6 with a mini tank attached and no leaks. My suggestion- don't hold it upside down. :) It still won't leak but you may taste the juice.

You can use the mini tanks for a couple of weeks. 2 weeks is a good number. Cartomizers can be refilled about a dozen times. Anyone else want to chime in?

The mini's are well made and inexpensive and I used them for testing flavors. I just got my Triton and love it. The mini tanks go on there so they are perfect for testing.

Adrian581

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Staten Island
the triton is awesome def prefer it over my g6 but i use the g6 at work its more convinent my mini tanks dont leak maybe a tiny bit of condensation on the battery heads some times i agree with petermatra about using them for about 2 weeks maybe a lil less or more depending on how much ur puffing i puff a lot mine last about 2 weeks Vapor kings also sells a nice clearo and their prices are better their clearomizers are long wick i just recently bough a 5 pack was $13 which breaks down to less then $3 each i suggest u go with the vapor kings clearos alittle bigger then the mini but in my opinion still looks good on the g6 their tops screw in which is cool also ain't had any leaking or juice flying into my mouth will prob stick with the vaporkings brand e-Smart clearomizers - package of 5 linked them for u their if u wanna check them out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread