Provari or Noble 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoriem

Aug 9, 2013
Cali
Hi Im new here and wanted to know what do you guys think would be a good buy, The provari or the noble 1? I feel comfortable with the rba's seem like fun.
It looks like the provari is like $170 plus i have to buy the tank, wick and mesh, the noble 1 is $150 what would be a good investment ?
Im currently using an Ego-C twist with a mini pro tank.
Thanks in advance.:)

Last edited:

Secret_77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Hi and welcome to the Site - You will probably find a lot of opinions on this if you search the forum. So heres mine..... You will most likely end up with a Provari at some point. I have tried / gone through 19 different mods (tube mods, box mods, VV, and hybrids)

Personally could have avoided a lot of unnecessary expenses by just buying the provaris I use daily now. They really are worth every penny, and I am not a fan boy in any form or fashion.

They are just functional. Using rebuildables myself, now I wrap a coil check the ohms and set my voltage. No muss no fuss. Battery configurations, just add the extension. Atomizers galore to pick from out there to put on top.

Best of luck!
R

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Thanks for the advice BlueMoods , Now what would be a good RBA for the provari?

well, are you looking for a drip style or a tank style, and if tank style, are you crazy enough to start messing with a Genesis style? (They're VERY finicky)...

Dripper: I'd have to recommend an IGO; the L and W models will look a bit funny on a 'vari due to the ring at the top, but will be muuuch easier to do rebuilds in, the S model, since its smaller, I think is about the diameter of a protank, though I am not certain(I have a W and an L). It should "look" better, but will be a little harder to work inside of due to the smaller space.

Tank Style: Cant' add much, but I hear excellent reviews of the kayfun and the Ody. Maybe take a look at those?

Gennie: AGA-T2 or an RSST, with the RSST being slightly more forgiving outta the box as far as hot spots go. The AGA can be converted to use a spring and washer like the RSST though.

I've got both the AGA T2 and an RSST, but I prefer the flavor I get from the IGO's over the gennies. For me, its dripping, then carto tanks, then gennies. I use the carto tanks when I'm out and about, the IGO's at home, and well, the gennies... they look pretty?

Zoriem

Aug 9, 2013
Cali
Hi and welcome to the Site - You will probably find a lot of opinions on this if you search the forum. So heres mine..... You will most likely end up with a Provari at some point. I have tried / gone through 19 different mods (tube mods, box mods, VV, and hybrids)

Personally could have avoided a lot of unnecessary expenses by just buying the provaris I use daily now. They really are worth every penny, and I am not a fan boy in any form or fashion.

They are just functional. Using rebuildables myself, now I wrap a coil check the ohms and set my voltage. No muss no fuss. Battery configurations, just add the extension. Atomizers galore to pick from out there to put on top.

Best of luck!
R
Thanks I have decided to go with a provari.
well, are you looking for a drip style or a tank style, and if tank style, are you crazy enough to start messing with a Genesis style? (They're VERY finicky)...

Dripper: I'd have to recommend an IGO; the L and W models will look a bit funny on a 'vari due to the ring at the top, but will be muuuch easier to do rebuilds in, the S model, since its smaller, I think is about the diameter of a protank, though I am not certain(I have a W and an L). It should "look" better, but will be a little harder to work inside of due to the smaller space.

Tank Style: Cant' add much, but I hear excellent reviews of the kayfun and the Ody. Maybe take a look at those?

Gennie: AGA-T2 or an RSST, with the RSST being slightly more forgiving outta the box as far as hot spots go. The AGA can be converted to use a spring and washer like the RSST though.

I've got both the AGA T2 and an RSST, but I prefer the flavor I get from the IGO's over the gennies. For me, its dripping, then carto tanks, then gennies. I use the carto tanks when I'm out and about, the IGO's at home, and well, the gennies... they look pretty?
The Rsst looks nice on it, and yea Im actually looking to get better flavor, but I dont like the idea of having to be dripping :unsure:

Cr0tchF4i

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
San Diego, CA
I have no input to this thread as of right now..

I currently have a ZMax v3 with an RSST on it and like it a decent amount. P.S. if you go with an RSST take the fill plug out, it's a world of difference.

I use #500 SS Mesh, 30 gauge ribbon and a solid wick setup. I guess I can't complain, just be sure you learn how to wrap the coil correctly (drill bit method for me) and how to adjust it to make it heat properly and it's not bad at all. As of this second I have a Noble 1 sitting at home as it arrived on lunch... I could not believe how TINY it was. Far smaller than I expected and incredibly light. This is probably because i'm going from the Zmax with 18650 to a 18350 hybrid.. but I can't wait to try it. I think once you get good at making your own gennie attys that you should give a hybrid a shot. See if you can get lucky enough to grab the iHybrid Pure, they are $99 bucks and have great reviews. Downside is they release a few of them every once in a while and nobody knows when. Google it and check out the litecig website.

Lexxon

Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Henderson, Nv
I have a suggestion for you. Think about getting a less expensive mod to start off that gives you all the functionality of the Provari at about 15 to 20 percent a Provari cost. My recommendation is the Vamo version 2. Very easy to use, has all the same functions as the Provari but comes with both tubes so you can be in 18350 mode or 18650 mode, where the Provari costs extra to get it in the same configuration. You can get one at Fasttech for $31.19 with free shipping. Link below. I love mine. Just trying to save you some money.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1351803

Anyway you can't beat the price or the quality, IMO.

Good luck :)

Iruel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Atlantis
I vote for provari, but it depends what atty you wish to pair up with.

No fuss set up for me is with high resistance HH.357.
Tank wise, I use attys like Penelope, Kayfun, bliss, DiD etc.

I abandoned provari v1 for mech mods over a year ago and recently bought a v2 due to the increment of RBAs in my stable.
It allows me to try out hi resistance coiling unlike on a single battery mech mod without a kick.

Best of all, for attys like Penelope and Ody, I can run it without the need for NR wires. Just did a 11-12 wrap micro coil in my penelope with 2.2ohm. Won't be able to vape that properly with a single battery mech mod....

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
ProVari and Noble 1 are two different beasts. One is a very good regulated variable voltage device, the other a quality fully mechanical device.

With the Provari, the advantages are you get accurate, regulated power with a warranty, great customer support during and after the warranty period and it holds it's value pretty well if you find you wish to sell it. It will also take a lot of abuse and continue to function.

The only drawback, besides price for some, is the 3.5 amp limit on the switch and 14-14.5 (I forget which exactly - sorry) watt maximum output. I have been able to fire .9 ohm coils at very low voltage, .8 gets wonky. Most other vv devices have 1.2 ohm as the lowest resistance they will fire. Just info, you may or may not want to go that low in resistance.

A mechanical mod is nice in that there is little that can't be fixed . No solder joints to fail, no electronics to burn out. Many whom choose to vape genesis style attys and RDAs prefer a mechanical mod since there are no electronics to limit how low resistance you build or convertors drawing power that could be going to your coil.

Any vaper (especially so those who builds there own coils) should learn all they can about battery safety and own and learn to use a multi meter yo check there coils for shorts. Since there are is no short protection in a mechanical (some but not all have collapsible hot springs) a meter is really a must. It's also useful to check the resistance off your cool so you can determine if your coil is going to draw a current in the safe range of your batteries capabilities.

These are the factors you need to weigh when making your choice. Know what you vaping style or interests are and ask yourself if you have the knowledge about battery safety (or are willing to put the time in to educate yourself) to not become a statistic.

Good luck with whatever you decide and don't hesitate to ask as many questions on ECF as you need to .

Daavy

Aug 15, 2013
bowie, md
i love my provari... the drawback is cost... i lost my first one (doh!) and quickly ordered a new one... and i got one for my wife.... i did buy my son in law a buck naked one... its cheap, not nearly as flexible as the provari... but it was $25.... if i lose my provari again.. im getting one of those.... im also using a Vision vivi nova tank... it can use low resistance heads too (1.8 ohm) as well as the regular ones (3ohm)... i heard the knock off vivi novas are not that great.. im liking the vision one tho, its plastic... dont want to worry about it breaking if i drop my mod (and i do).

Last edited:

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
I've got to play with a ProVari and a mini, was very not impressed. They are very well made... but for the price, ease of use and only being a VV device, for me, was a major fail. But that's me.
I did get a Noble 1 for $150.00, which I really like... now.
{Warning... Rant Alert}
When I first got it, I almost sent it back. I spent about an hour fixing the switch, leaking issues and a crap load of scratches. All easy fixes, but why should I have to fix anything on a $150.00 device?
Personally.. if it was a 100 bucks less it would be worth the money.
{End Rant}

In the end, both devices, for what they are, are over priced but work very well.
The RSST is a very good rebuildable to start out with. Just remember to ALWAYS check your resistance BEFORE firing a new coil. (Vape safe!)

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Just remember to ALWAYS check your resistance BEFORE firing a new coil. (Vape safe!)

Quoted for truth! The last thing you want is an untested coil firing that close to your face! Also, make sure you burn it in a bit... don't crank to max volts/ watts and fire it after you've checked it, that's a fast way to snap a coil! Start low, and work your way up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread