Not open for further replies.

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
Awesome_mc_HT_Smiley_16ffaf3dacb83b3cdcfca7e17df0f735-335c36d3c82a23dfd77e98db962620cf.gif

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
Handsome devil!

The Copper Vein is such a handsome finish.. I'd like to have one but frankly I'm not sure I am sufficiently civilized to pull it off :p

The picture doesn't capture the color it really looks nice in normal lighting, the RM is so polished it looks more like gold then brass.
I just got the copper vein door a couple days ago.
It's my favorite color combo, for now,

:)

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
The picture doesn't capture the color it really looks nice in normal lighting, the RM is so polished it looks more like gold then brass.
I just got the copper vein door a couple days ago.
It's my favorite color combo, for now,

:)

I noticed that you have to get it in just the right lighting to really get a good picture of the copper vein, it'll either be too shiny or just look dark otherwise. They always look slick in person tho! :)

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
All you guz postin those cool lookin brass RM2's ! :glare:

The brass color didn't show up very good in the pic? :(

No need to title the post copycat, I think it looks great and has a unique look. Those colors all meld together very well.

I also admire the way you setup that photo. It's easy to imagine you having a big satisfying vape after sawing up a tree with a your Stihl or Poulan. ;)

cheers

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
All you guz postin those cool lookin brass RM2's ! :glare:

The brass color didn't show up very good in the pic? :(

Well Bob and Chohan.. I figgered that handsome getup was well worth copy-en myself...

I have to say I am supremely pleased with it. Gonna make my RM2 shine like yours too, Bob, when my jar of Mothers shows up next week.

20130818_014552.jpg

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
COPY CAT!

;)

I used an old 510 to 510 connector to chuck the RM up in a cordless drill and started with 220 grit to remove the nickel plating.
Followed by 800 grit wet-n-dry to remove the 220 scratches, then the 2000 grit wet with a little dish soap polished it right up.
Used some metal polish while still in the drill to finish it to look like gold. :)

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Well Bob and Chohan.. I figgered that handsome getup was well worth copy-en myself...

I have to say I am supremely pleased with it. Gonna make my RM2 shine like yours too, Bob, when my jar of Mothers shows up next week.

20130818_014552.jpg

Very nice Stat.

I used Nevrdull on mine when I first received it and it gave it that shiny gold look. After using it for a while now though, I've resisted the urge to polish it and it's developed a slight patina from handling ( screwing, unscrewing, wick changes) and darkened up slightly and resembles yours. I actually think it matches the copper vein better so I may neglect the polish for another couple weeks and just roll with it.

cheers

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Do y'all think a cape cod polishing cloth would gain this same effect?

Never heard of those... looks like I got some googlin to do!

Very nice Stat.

I used Nevrdull on mine when I first received it and it gave it that shiny gold look. After using it for a while now though, I've resisted the urge to polish it and it's developed a slight patina from handling ( screwing, unscrewing, wick changes) and darkened up slightly and resembles yours. I actually think it matches the copper vein better so I may neglect the polish for another couple weeks and just roll with it.

cheers

Yeah after I posted that I noticed some patina already starting to develop.. I may just leave it how Rob sent it.

Either way it is a handsome addition, imho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread