Two ruined Kanger T3S in one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspar74

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Ma
So I got a new juice sample yesterday from my Local BM its a strawberry banana blend and it tasted great in the shop. I get it home and pour a lil into an empty t3S I had and vapes it for a while. The atty I was using had a funky taste still so I dump out juice and clean out the tank and atty some. I then noticed that there were hairline cracks around mouth piece I hadn't noticed before, didn't think much I it thought possibly from biting tip etc. well next thing the inner stem just falls out. So I chalk it up to possibly me cleaning it with quips and added strain. I then proceed to fill up my other empty T3S with the same juice. IImmediately I notice what appears to be condensation in the tank. I don't think much I that really till this morning. I go to take a vape and I notice that my tank had turned completely opaque from clear. Now I'm thinking it has to be juice. I dump it out clean tank but the tank is still opaque. I also notice I have a hairline fracture at the bottom of the tank where the base sscrews in. Is this a coincidence or did this juice ruin my tanks? The thing I don't get it that the juice at the shop was in a CR4 clearomizer and that one was just fine. Now I'm down two tanks to a juice that frankly wasn't good.

Thoughts?

Gaspar74

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Ma
IMG_1787.jpg Th IMG_1787.jpg Is this still safe to use? It does not leak but looks horrible, also hairline cracks at bottom near base.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Is this still safe to use?
You already know the answer to that one. I've found that many banana juices are acidic enough to ruin polycarbonate. IMO, the plastic is now in a degraded state and will continue to degrade... and you'll taste it.
Get yourself a polypro or pyrex carto tank, or a Protank 2/Davide/whatever with a glass or polypro tank... and vape all the banana juice you can stand.

Here's a handy list. It's MBV, but it would apply to several brands, I'd wager. None of their banana juice is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread