510 connection worn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsen123

Aug 21, 2013
bridgeport ct usa
I have the Ego-C-Twist and a vivi nova v1, which has a little extension on the 510 connection, at first it screwed into the battery fine, now after a bout a week the batteries "ridges" inside the 510 connection are worn out and smooth, nothing will screw in, NOTHING!, so i have cam up is i purchased a sleeve/cone and i am going to superglue it onto the bottom of my tank so then i can just screw in the tank through the bottom ridges. Anyone think this will work?

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
using superglue when dry acts as an insulator... which means you will more than likely not get the juice firing thru to your coils

did you accidentally crossthread it or something...

This is correct! I was thinking the threads on the beauty ring being the contact. I forgot about the glue. Sorry.

arsen123

Aug 21, 2013
bridgeport ct usa
I'm am really no sure, although i do believe it is because of the tank, if you google vivi nova v1, you will see that the connection has a little "nub" that come out of it, which works like a spring, while its screwed in tight it is pushed together like a spring, like all spring they want to get loose, so the tank is being unscrewed by the little "nub" on its own.

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
So if I understand you right you want to glue a ego cone to the bottom of your vivi nova so you can screw it on with the threads from the beauty ring. This would make it connect more like an evod or t3. The major problem I see here is the glue acting as a insulator not allowing for a good ground. It could work if you can find some kind of conductive glue or if the original 510 connector still makes contact after the attaching the beauty ring. I would also think that the glue holding might be a problem in the long run. A better idea might be a new battery or maybe try an evod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread