5Volt Pass-through ruined my vaping experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZERO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
people's republic
Well it ruined my 3.7 Volt experience...

I just received my 510 5V manual P/T from electronicstix today. I did not think that my Nhaler HV 555 Menthol and my Lxpress Honey flue cured juice could get any better tasting but they did, the flavors are definitely more vivid and flavorful..

My stock 510 was producing pretty good vapor but this 5V/510 USB 5V wall charger combo is now a vaping cloud flavor machine..:evil:

Throat Hit was also improved....

I recommend that if you are happy with the performance of your stock 3.7V 510 don't get this 5V P/T..
smoke.gif

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Well it ruined my 3.7 Volt experience...

I just received my 510 5V manual P/T from electronicstix today. I did not think that my Nhaler HV 555 Menthol and my Lxpress Honey flue cured juice could get any better tasting but they did, the flavors are definitely more vivid and flavorful..

My stock 510 was producing pretty good vapor but this 5V/510 USB 5V wall charger combo is now a vaping cloud flavor machine..:evil:

Throat Hit was also improved....

I recommend that if you are happy with the performance of your stock 3.7V 510 don't get this 5V P/T..
smoke.gif

LOL. It happens to us all sooner or later.. 5v is the spot that juice and vapor seem to like the best!

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I have the VP-PT and love it! I won't say it has ruined my 3.7 vaping... To be honest, other than drag time, I can't really say it's night and day different... 5V is better no doubt, but 3.7 (with a device that is really a 3.7) still kicks .... with the right juice and mg...

My .02

ETA: I *think* a standard 510 battery is only putting out about 3v if I remember correctly from the battery thread...

Last edited:

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
It's funny you say that because I have refused to move up past regular battery type voltages because of that exact reason.

why? When you go out to eat do you tell them to give you the cheapest piece of meat because eating a ribeye will ruin hamburger for you? Or when you were smoking did you buy roll your own tobacco because buying a pack of cigarettes with a filter would ruin roll your own for you?

You are getting a second class vape and if you are ok with that then buy all means continue to vape second class. I for one like the view from the first class seats and will continue vaping from my 6V Silver bullet and forget the days of what it was like using a out house.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Yes, I have been vaping exclusively at 6 volts for a while now; however, I recently received my first order of TV’s Atomic Fireball and it is the first juice that is almost too intense to vape at 6 volts. I actually have been vaping it mainly at 3.7 volts. This stuff is really strong. Everything else I vape at 6 volts.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Heya!

Sorry for the delay.. we were filming.... ;)

It's hard to tell (for sure) without testing it what the delivered voltage is. But.... if it uses direct USB power, and it requires over an Amp of current from the USB port (which many/most won't actually put out) then it is probably a true 5V pass-thru.

A lot of it depends on how they handle the current switching. A good MOSFET circuit won't have much voltage drop. Others can drop up to .7V (or more).

Sounds/looks like it is quite a good deal though.

warbdan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Your insight is much appreciated, Scottbee!

I use my pass through via USB adapter 5V 2000mA wall charger and it's definitely has more flavor and vapor vs. 3.7 stock battery like fiddle reports.
smoke.gif

I did try it on a USB (Ipod) car adapter without success (it only blinked?)....

That's odd. It definitely should be a powered usb port.

dolvey

Jan 13, 2010
florida
I have 3.7, 5, 6, & 7.4 and find that certain atties prefer certain voltages. I have a couple of atties that on 3.7v (eGo or Bartleby) will out perform anything that I have on 5v. I have some HV 510's that do great at 6 & 7.4 volt (GGTS). I have yet to find an atty that impresses me at 5 volt, still looking though. My standard atties range from 1.8 to 3.9 ohms, most coming in around 2.2 ohms, except of course the HV's.

I do find that the higher Mah batteries vape better on the 3.7v units, probably because of decay rate.

southwestern vapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Warbdan where did you get your "USB adapter 5V 2000mA wall charger"? There is a site listed here on ECF that sold them for like $1.99 but it looks like they are sold out for good. The only ones I could find were like $12 or more plus shipping. Just looking for the best deal as always.

I also own the 5v 510 PT and I love it as well. Whatever the voltage may actually be it doesn't matter to me at all. Nice thick glorious clouds of vapor greatness! Funny thing though. I have a powered usb hub that puts out 500ma per port up to 4 powered devices at once. The 5v PT does not work on this hub which is what I expected. So why does the 5v PT work when hooked directly on to my computers usb port? I thought pc usb's were only supposed to put out 500ma each as well. This just makes me nervous sucking this much power out of my usb port. I have read where doing this can crash your motherboard or burn out your pc's power supply. This is why I am going to get a wall adapter. Better safe than sorry.

FYI -I also own the in-line battery type PT that I got a few weeks back from heaven-gifts for only $11. This uses a small 320 mAh battery to keep the charge. I have to say this thing is no slouch either. This thing killed regular batteries for me weeks before I even got my 5v. This PT lies somewhere between regular batts and the 5v PT. Still great clouds just not quite as warm or as quick as the 5v. It will get very hot if you draw long enough though. You can also unplug it and carry it around the house and it will keep a charge for hours if need be. That's one feature the 5v does not provide. It also works on my 500ma usb hub and no concerns when plugging direct to pc. It will be a great backup once I get the wall adapter for the 5v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread