New to REO Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Just waiting to get my REO Grand and excited to try this new vaping experience. Not so crazy about RBA's and atty's in general as I'm new to this. Since my eyesight ain't what it used to be, building these coils, micro-coils, etc should be eventful. Yet, excited to try, and experience the "Full Mech. Mod" sensation. Any tips will be helpful...thanks! :)

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
welcomegroupgmiley.gif

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Did you get a reomizer? It's a really forgiving rebuildable! Worst thing is you make the coils with longer tails for threading and waste a little kanthal. Well worth it. They don't have to be pretty coils to give a great vape.

Enjoy, and welcome!

Thanks, Yes, I got it with the Reomizer, but probably will try the LR atty first since I can't see very well and waiting to get some magnifying equipment before I make my first coil. :unsure:

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Thanks, Yes, I got it with the Reomizer, but probably will try the LR atty first since I can't see very well and waiting to get some magnifying equipment before I make my first coil. :unsure:

Welcome!

I also have pretty poor eyesight and used LR attys for a while until i worked up the courage to try the RM2. I use +5 reading glasses i found at a dollar store and this mainly for the magnifier.

My first coil took 2 hours, most of that time spent trying to get the wires into the teeny tiny post holes. Now, I'm down to 15 minutes or less.

Patience, more than a little stubbornness, and an extremely well-lit workplace are your friends :)

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Welcome to Reoville, Jet Knight, and congratulations on your REO Grand! What color(s) did you order?

Many of us here are up in age, many with vision issues, and some with shaky hands. It just takes a little longer to get there, but once there, it soon becomes routine. As said above, light is your friend. The brighter, the more your pupils stop down, and the greater your depth of field of focus. We look forward to rejoicing with you upon the arrival of your new mod. :)

Spunky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Louisiana
Welcome to REOvil!

The ohm meters are in short supply these days madvapes sells them, but are out of stock. Cartomizer and Atomizer Ohm Meter

RTD is the same story Meters : Cartomizer and Atomizer Ohm Meter

I get by with a plain jane multimeter Meters : Hongda DT-95C

Welcome Jet Knight! I am fairly new to Reo's as well and finally took the plunge with RM2. Love em!! And don't even need that magnifying glass I bought. Just reading glasses. Hey, if I can do it anybody can!
I also got my ohm meter today!Yipee!! If you put yourself on waiting list they email you and I lucked out and got one before they sold out again!
Again, welcome, there is a lot of fine people here to help you. Believe me, I asked, they helped :)
Debbie

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I guess, I can use one of my VV/VW Mod's with an ohms reading ability for now. :vapor:

that will certainly do.

to get one of the others. best bet is to add your email to the "notify me" thingy on whatever site and hope you get lucky because they often sell out in hours or even minutes after they get some in stock.

they are pretty simple devices. if i had any gumption whatsoever, i'd start manufacturing some to fund my retirement.

oh, wait- i'm already retired. nevermind :)

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Welcome to Reoville, Jet Knight, and congratulations on your REO Grand! What color(s) did you order?

Many of us here are up in age, many with vision issues, and some with shaky hands. It just takes a little longer to get there, but once there, it soon becomes routine. As said above, light is your friend. The brighter, the more your pupils stop down, and the greater your depth of field of focus. We look forward to rejoicing with you upon the arrival of your new mod. :)

Expecting mine tomorrow, and kinda excited about it and see what all the fuss is all about. Got mine in a black wrinkled with silver vein? Along with a Reomizer V2, wick and 30gauge wire. Was kinda deciding if I should have gotten the VV Reo Grand, but lack of sufficient cash flow helped me decide easier, LOL. Anyway, hope the Reomizer comes set up and coiled already to start me up, or else just have to use one of my Joyetech Atty or Cisco LR 306 atty. Hope it works with those atty's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread