Is VG safer than PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristalec

Feb 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I don't mean to imply that PG is dangerous, but from what I have read it seems that PG can cause throat irritation and possibly harm cats...or something like that.

And I haven't found anything about VG causing throat irritation (although I haven't looked extremely hard)

I'm thinking about ordering the sample pack from Johnson Creek and I don't know if I should order PG, VG, or if it even really matters.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I don't mean to imply that PG is dangerous, but from what I have read it seems that PG can cause throat irritation and possibly harm cats...or something like that.

And I haven't found anything about VG causing throat irritation (although I haven't looked extremely hard)

I'm thinking about ordering the sample pack from Johnson Creek and I don't know if I should order PG, VG, or if it even really matters.

Although know one knows about saftey as there are no studies--it is confimed that PG breaks down as lactic acid and can cause cramping in legs--etc. VG breaks down as a "glucose". Also it has been reported that more people seem to have allergy issues with PG (sore throat, etc) as compared to those with VG--That is why I only use VG or NON-PG. That is my take on it--Sun:)

Hermetic

Feb 19, 2009
Vegetable glycerin in comparison to propelene glycol is considered much more healthy when ingested. But regarding inhaling each one, not much study has been done at all about the effects of inhaling either. People might make assumptions to think that if something is safe to consume in its natural state, then it would be safe to inhale, but this is just not true.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Go read this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/1734-germ-killing-vapor.html and know that Health New Zealand's Dr. Murray Laugesen verified this and other tests on PG and included the findings in his report of Oct. 30, 2008.

This is THE reason I e-smoke. And this is the reason I will use only PG liquids. It's my own belief that inhaling PG vapor might actually make me healthier than I would be as a non-smoker. VG has minimal benefits, if any.

unknwn

Jul 7, 2009
My very first and only experience to date with vaping was in a smoke store where they allowed me a "51 Duo" to try in hopes that I would buy.
Shortly after my 6-10 draws on the e cig I developed a headache "NOW" that stuck with me through much of the afternoon. I also experienced a very unpleasant reaction to my mouth and lips rhat lasted well into the next day. While studying about e-smoking and fluids I found out about non-PG products intended for those of us who exhibit allergic reactions to PG induced products.
I am pretty certain that a skin reaction that I have experienced on several occasions while using skin-patch medication delivery was due to the PG used as a delivery vehicle in those products also.
I have been a moderate to heavy smoker for quite a few years, so I am convinced that this was not a reaction to nicotine in either of my adverse experiences.
So, Johnson Creek non-PG products it is for me.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I had to switch off from PG, gives me very sore throat and raspy voice, feels like I'm choking. VG ALSO has anti-bacterial properties, I may add.
Both have been studied. VG does seem to have a "slightly greasy" aftertaste, but for me better than choking. So far no problems. Can tell right away now if I use just one cart of PG, so that was definitely an irritant for me. Nice thing about Johnson Creek, can order same flavors either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread