Just got my first mechanical hybrid Silver Dog V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kainvamp86

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
NJ
Finally got my package today from VapeRev, my Silver Dog V2. I pretty much skipped buying any of the cig-alikes or VV after vaping my friends Zen and Noble one decided to get this. Just made my first coil it tested at 1.6 ohms and this thing is awesome! So glad I didn't waste my time and went straight for rebuild-able. Been vaping on this thing all day with Mr Goodvape Moon Sugar and I am really enjoying it. I will definitely get another mod in the future but for now I am very content with what I have. Seems like a solid device so far, although I feel like the O-ring where the top of the atomizer might leak, I will probably just try putting on a bigger o ring when i find the right size. Other than that loving the way this thing hits at where it is and look forward to trying different ohms and perfecting my coil making as this one looks kind of haggard. Sorry if my pics suck
2013-08-27 19.48.09.jpg 2013-08-27 19.48.33.jpg

kainvamp86

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
NJ
lol yea I usually tend to go to extremes on any new hobby I pick up right off the bat. Anyway my second try is WAY better than the first. :) I did the coil around a screwdriver shaft that was just slightly larger than the wick first and that really seemed to help. Does it matter or make much difference if there is a slight space from the coil to the wick at parts or should it all be touching?

2013-08-27 22.49.05.jpg

Last edited:

Mattmancool34

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2013
Pittsburg, Ks, USA
lol yea I usually tend to go to extremes on any new hobby I pick up right off the bat. Anyway my second try is WAY better than the first. :) I did the coil around a screwdriver shaft that was just slightly larger than the wick first and that really seemed to help. Does it matter or make much difference if there is a slight space from the coil to the wick at parts or should it all be touching?

View attachment 245719

I find the best coils are closest to the wicks. that means that there is less distance for the juice to flow before being vaporized. It also leads to less hotspots.

kainvamp86

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
NJ
I find the best coils are closest to the wicks. that means that there is less distance for the juice to flow before being vaporized. It also leads to less hotspots.

I have been experimenting with that and the way I make it tight is to put a little taper on the wick at the end and I can kind of roll it wit my finger until it slides in tightly into the coil, its been working really well. I originally had some space and did notice sometimes would get burnt flavor, but after making the wick tight into the coil it has been great, and I can make a really uniform coil that way.

Rmervin

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
NC
Congratulations. I recommend you spend another 8 euro and buy the new positive post and plastics from the vaporwall shop. I'm very happy with the S-Dog V2 and the new post made it easier to set up without shorting or burning out the top leg in the coil. I purchased in July and have had no problems with the O ring. I wrap the coil on the mod at this point and adjust the coil with a toothpick while firing. It just gets easier... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread