repair your 901 atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnshng

Jan 10, 2009
after about 2 weeks my first atomiser broke. I had a spare but i wanted to find a way too fix it just in case one breaks when i dont have a spare

first insert a small screwdriver into the hole in the center of the brass connector and gently rotate/pry the center out breaking the exposed solder joint

then insert a small flat machine screw into the new larger opining and press out the atomiser coil assembly the second wire should also break at the brass connector solder joint

once the assembly is completely removed insert the machine screw in the other direction and place in a vice with just the steel lip on one side and the screw on the other tighten the vice to remove the threaded part of the brass connector

to disassemble the coil i first pried up on the metal bridge covering the coil then wiggled on the mesh/ceramic until i could get it out but now that i have seen it apart you should be able to first remove the plastic cover or just widen the hole on the back with a drill bit and push the hole thing out hopefully keeping the mesh intact

to repair the coil i used some thin stiff but ply-able wire to grip the broken end (copper is what i had but don't use copper it puts off fumes when it heats up)then its just a matter of re-soldering the connections and putting it all back together now i just have to find a good source for nichrome i tried some from a light bulb but it was too thin , glowplugs are too short and a fishtank heater was too fat

i pictures and a vid but i haven't made 15 posts yet

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
after about 2 weeks my first atomiser broke. I had a spare but i wanted to find a way too fix it just in case one breaks when i dont have a spare

first insert a small screwdriver into the hole in the center of the brass connector and gently rotate/pry the center out breaking the exposed solder joint

then insert a small flat machine screw into the new larger opining and press out the atomiser coil assembly the second wire should also break at the brass connector solder joint

once the assembly is completely removed insert the machine screw in the other direction and place in a vice with just the steel lip on one side and the screw on the other tighten the vice to remove the threaded part of the brass connector

to disassemble the coil i first pried up on the metal bridge covering the coil then wiggled on the mesh/ceramic until i could get it out but now that i have seen it apart you should be able to first remove the plastic cover or just widen the hole on the back with a drill bit and push the hole thing out hopefully keeping the mesh intact

to repair the coil i used some thin stiff but ply-able wire to grip the broken end (copper is what i had but don't use copper it puts off fumes when it heats up)then its just a matter of re-soldering the connections and putting it all back together now i just have to find a good source for nichrome i tried some from a light bulb but it was too thin , glowplugs are too short and a fishtank heater was too fat

Vnshng--very informative and interesting--will look forward to the pictures and video--Thanks--Sun:)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
You must have a hella lot of patience I have taken them apart but rebuild looks like a royal PITA :thumb:

Maddog--if you think it is rough and takes a lot of patience, then I now really want to see what Vnshng is up to here. I can not see a 901 atomzer stripped down like that and put back together to be viable--but lets wait for his video--who knows--maybe the Holy Grail??????:)---Sun

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a

open some posts that have some interest to you....reply "bump"
you'll have your 15 in no time! i wanna' lookie!

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
You should be able to get nichrome wire at the hobby shop. Its used to make hot wire cutters for styrophome model airplane wings and such, comes in 4 foot rolls.
Been working with this stuff for the last 3-4 days - Unfortunately the resistance is not high enough at workable lengths - Still looking

vnshng

Jan 10, 2009
i have had a busy week but after this weekend im going to take it back apart to replace the mesh. i will try to record the whole process or take step by step photo's.i may try to push out both parts the other way to lessen chance of tearing the insulation seal on the connector, if that works it also would mean less re-soldering.
i saw the video...nice

a little more detail as to what you did would help alot. step by step video would be great :)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
With atomizers costing <$10 for a 901, there is NO WAY I'm gonna think about rebuilding them, lol. Well... maybe... If I thought I was smart enough to make em better!

Jaaxx--I would like to see a repair as the atomizer is the only part we can not "make" if a ban is to come. Your Juice box works great by the way--only took a few hours to build my first one --Can not thank you enough for that post on your Juice Box--Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread