Not open for further replies.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Hi all,

I'm about 1 month into vaping, and my experience has been up and down. Started getting better when I ditched the CE4's that my Ego kit came with and purchased a Kanger Pro tank mini. Soooo much better.

However, now I am starting to have issues with it. I started using it this past Friday evening with a brand new coil (2.2 ohm, whatever that means!). Today, I noticed it was putting out less flavor and less vapor, and didn't have quite the "pull" that it's been usually giving me.

It is leaking a very small amount of liquid onto the battery. I even changed the coil and I'm getting the same results. Less pull, less vapor, less flavor.

I expected it to perform longer than just a few days. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I don't think I'm screwing anything on too tight...but how do I know?

I appreciate any help

SJ:confused:

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Temperatures will cause leaks. If you're going hot to cold it will leak. I
The gaskets will also leak over time from taking it apart.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not really going from hot to cold...at least not to extremes. It's leaking all the time, though. I've been in my office since 11am this morning. Haven't taken it outside. Still leaking.

Also...what are "gaskets" on this thing? I would think anything would wear down over time, but I've only been using it since Friday....

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
dependiny on your battery device, you could be restricting airflow by having it too tight against the top. example, on my zmax if its too close to the top, the vent slots are small, i back it off just a bit and its all good.

Do you mean by having the clearo screwed on too tightly on top of the battery? I have an Ego-T.

dependiny on your battery device, you could be restricting airflow by having it too tight against the top. example, on my zmax if its too close to the top, the vent slots are small, i back it off just a bit and its all good.

Then mini protank has a ego threaded skirt the 3 airholes are about a 1/8th from the top of the skirt cant really over tighten it period. think you might be confusing with the protank.

Sarajojames is it leaking from the hole in the center pin or on the outside of the center pin? And also did you do anything to it like remove the flavor wicks from the top of the coil? Is it gurgling when you take a drag? are you getting liquid on your tongue?

Last edited:

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Then mini protank has a ego threaded skirt the 3 airholes are about a 1/8th from the top of the skirt cant really over tighten it period. think you might be confusing with the protank.

Sarajojames is it leaking from the hole in the center pin or on the outside of the center pin? And also did you do anything to it like remove the flavor wicks from the top of the coil? Is it gurgling when you take a drag? are you getting liquid on your tongue?

It seems to be leaking from the hole in the center of the coil on the inside. When I screw my battery off, there is a small amount of liquid in the battery.

I did not remove any wicks from anything. It slightly gurlgles when I take a drag...but more than anything it produces a whipsering sound...almost a swishing sound...It used to gurlgle a lot more. And no, not getting liquid on oy tongue.

It seems to be leaking from the hole in the center of the coil on the inside. When I screw my battery off, there is a small amount of liquid in the battery.

I did not remove any wicks from anything. It slightly gurlgles when I take a drag...but more than anything it produces a whipsering sound...almost a swishing sound...It used to gurlgle a lot more. And no, not getting liquid on oy tongue.

It's a slight issue and well is pretty much common for pretty much all BCC clearo's to have a lil bit of juice to run down to the battery. It's simple gravity the only thing separating the juice from your battery is the coil/wick assembly. Mini protanks seem to be a lot better for the constant vapor as it doesn't give time for the wicks to over saturate and start to weep down the air hole in the center pin. This can be solved a lil better with a higher VG based juice like a 50/50 blend even my 65/35 starts to weep if i don't take a few puffs in a length of time. Also keeping the tank for as much as possible seems to help holding the vacuum to hold the juice from weeping.

Mini protank on my list to tinker with. but sadly i can't seem to get them off my battery long enough to start lol. they need to be tinkered with but their great vape sorta out weighs the need to tinker.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Protank heads - You really need to know the actual Ohms of the coil. Your battery, ego-t is not adjustable and may be regulated to 3.3v

If your original Head was rated 2.2 but closer to 2.0(+/- .2ohm) and your New 2.2 is closer to 2.5 the e-liquid is not being evaporated as quickly and collecting on the wick, eventually reducing air flow and dripping out.
Short inhales cause the same problem
Low tank can cause the same problem
A poorly aligned coil can cause leaking(set to one side)

VV battery can compensate for Coil irregularity
Vape technique can correct most
Adding a Flavor wick can stop leaking, but reduce(tighten) Draw

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
It's a slight issue and well is pretty much common for pretty much all BCC clearo's to have a lil bit of juice to run down to the battery. It's simple gravity the only thing separating the juice from your battery is the coil/wick assembly. Mini protanks seem to be a lot better for the constant vapor as it doesn't give time for the wicks to over saturate and start to weep down the air hole in the center pin. This can be solved a lil better with a higher VG based juice like a 50/50 blend even my 65/35 starts to weep if i don't take a few puffs in a length of time. Also keeping the tank for as much as possible seems to help holding the vacuum to hold the juice from weeping.

Mini protank on my list to tinker with. but sadly i can't seem to get them off my battery long enough to start lol. they need to be tinkered with but their great vape sorta out weighs the need to tinker.

Thanks. Do you think this will destroy my battery with continued use?

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Protank heads - You really need to know the actual Ohms of the coil. Your battery, ego-t is not adjustable and may be regulated to 3.3v

If your original Head was rated 2.2 but closer to 2.0(+/- .2ohm) and your New 2.2 is closer to 2.5 the e-liquid is not being evaporated as quickly and collecting on the wick, eventually reducing air flow and dripping out.
Short inhales cause the same problem
Low tank can cause the same problem
A poorly aligned coil can cause leaking(set to one side)

VV battery can compensate for Coil irregularity
Vape technique can correct most
Adding a Flavor wick can stop leaking, but reduce(tighten) Draw

I don't know much about "Ohms". What OHM coil can I use to fix this? The one that is in there now is a 2.2, but I have 2.5's I could replace it with?

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Stay with the Lower ohms until you have a Variable voltage battery

So what is considered a low ohm? The ones I have are 2.2 and 2.5. Is that considered high or low? I've seen people talking about 1.8...but not sure if OHMS are one of those things where the higher the number, the lower it is and vise versa.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

pita1028

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
North Jersey
So what is considered a low ohm? The ones I have are 2.2 and 2.5. Is that considered high or low? I've seen people talking about 1.8...but not sure if OHMS are one of those things where the higher the number, the lower it is and vise versa.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

You've been given to much information.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Stay with the Lower ohms until you have a Variable voltage battery

Watch this it should help you to understand the tanks and function better.

Want to thank you for showing me this video. I took the top wick off one of my coils and tried it again in my ProTank Mini and the performance is much improved!

I have the Kanger EVOD and I experienced leaks and found the coil not screwed in tight and the wick cover thingnot tight enough. Using Johnson Creek juice I have to remove one of the factory "flavor wicks" in order for the juice to flow. Just found out about soaking them before use (coils) so maybe that is an issue, will load one back in to see. Watch the youtube videos to see how they come apart. I found the one that shows how to build your own coils to be the best, it demonstrates how to disassemble it completely. Pay attention to the end of the video for the wick assembly part for correct procedure. In my unit no matter how tight I screw in the coil the process of thermal expansion may be loosening it up. I check it at every fill now. The wick cover presses upon the wicks as well as seals the filled tank from the tube in the center so it is fairly critical I guess. During one short period I was using the EVOD with a tissue to absorb the leakage. Lots to learn here.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
TJ makes a point. Sometimes when unscrewing the PT base to refill and such, the coil will unscrew itself a bit. I had that problem with my PT2 a few times and my cousin's PT and almost every time it was the coil coming lose in the base.
Over time it may kill an eGo battery. I would recommend getting something with a sealed battery chamber, but if you like the eGo stick with it. eGo's are great starters for sure and even many APV people will carry an eGo for convenience in public or running errands. They're solid devices, just slightly disposable as they only last a few months most of the time.

conker

Aug 21, 2013
UK
Hi yes it will ruin battery if to much liquid get into it. I would empty it wash it all out make sure it's nice and dry and start again. put a 1.8 Genuine Kanger coil in make sure it says genuine Kanger and for protank use not e-vod type . screw the coil really tightly into its place and just make sure little rubber cap is fitting nicely over the top of coil. Don't fill tank right to the top . and screw back together . then before you put it onto the battery take 3 nice long sucks on it that will help the liquid to soak the wick on coil. also before you vap it get a little tissue roll it up small and put it right down the tube you are sucking on, take it out then have a go at vaping it should be problem solved . as to how tight you should screw it back together your know what is nice just look at it when liquid is in feel it check it if no leaking them fine . Hope this helps .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread