• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Oh How I Hate APO Shipping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
That sounds like Ramstien, you had to show up 30 mins early. Every once and awhile you could go around back at night and find someone to hook you up.

Or, if you're a mid-shift SF, call in a post office alarm requiring at least one of them to come in. Usually ended up with, "Well, since I'm here, you guys wanna get your packages?"
Not that we EVER did that on purpose...

But, I absolutely hated APO shipping. If there was a way to track APO shipping, or pay extra for expedited shipping once it reached the military postal system, I would have been all over that when I was in.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Wow only a few place can you get mail that fast, like Best buy and Tirerack. They have a deal worked out for faster shipping.

Hmm. Maybe Amazon has some deal worked out as well.
When I was stationed in the Netherlands, books from Amazon would come in about 4 days after order. And anything else from Amazon was usually 7 days tops.
Everywhere else, roughly 2 weeks.

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Well the good news is Carolyn at Stormy's took good care of me. The error was caught before the package was sent out through the Post Office. The bad news is they couldn't get Stamps to use the correct zip code. So if TDY make sure to if you order something they use Stamps.com for shipping, make sure to double check the address when they send you the tacking number or yo may not get your package.

Bahrain here and have been waiting on a Red Provari Mini since the middle of August. It left the Chicago sorting facility and disappeared off of the face of the earth. Luckily Provape is sending me another one. Usually I get my Provape orders in 5 days. Most other orders in 7 days.

Same thing's happening to me at the moment...three seperate packages, from 2 separate vendors. They all hit Chicago and "departed sort facility" and...nothing. All departed on different days, and the earliest is pushing past a week now. ...? Anyone know why this is?
On another (semi-coinciding) note, all of my packages started out of California...now, isn't Chicago in the wrong direction? I'm assuming it's the "APO" controlling this, but it's so much easier to go from CA-wesward, right? I guess USPS agrees that, "If it makes sense, it should not be done," in true military fashion. lol

cloudsUnderway

Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
San Diego, CA
It's even worse when you're on a ship that is constantly moving. We have to wait for the occasionaly UNREP to get our mail. That is if the post office doesn't decide to hold back a care package and not inform the sender that they opened it up and just let it sit for two weeks. Not that I'm bitter about it or anything. :p It does have my VANILLA mod, rebuilding supplies, batteries and charger.

saberflare

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Japan
Chicago is the "Hub" for APO/FPO's at least for the ME/EUR area. I don't know about the far east. I know our "PSC" number has changed due to this. The old hub's were SF for the far east and NY for EUR and ME. Gotta love smaller GOVT!

California is the hub for AP.. The pacific side of the world

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread