$9 18350 mini tube mod!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
I saw this on sale and could not pass it up. It was only 9.99 and shipping was $3 and some change. Its called the Squire and can be found @ the link below.

Does anyone own this or have any experience with it?? I understand performance will not be in the same league as an expensive mod and I don't expect it to be. How does this little guy do. It looks like a VZ indulgence clone.

I'm planning on taking it to work (my work mods take quite a beating) and using it with LR Clearo or Carto.

Ill only be using AW IMR 18350s in it. UNREGULATED.

Thoughts......

http://www.smokerevolt.com/18350MiniTube

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
I just got it in the mail tonight!! ill post some pics for you guys. Surprised it was all metal and very solid. Aluminum im sure. Popped an AW 18350 and paired it with a Kanger pro tank 2. The threads are a bit gritty and the battery rattles a tiny tiny bit if you shake it hard but overall for $9.99 i think this will prove to be a solid little performing mod. WOW $9.99!!!!! I'm impressed

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
nice find cool looking mod. I just wonder how long the battery will last. Probably have to carry extras.
My VAMO V3 usually runs 6-8hrs with moderate vaping (with a 18350, been going 2 days with a 18650)...with the buck/boost circuit it kicks up the voltage then regulates it back down (APV circuitry)...this one will just pull straight battery power (aka "mechanical mod")...remember you need over drain protection circuit on your battery, Li Ion does NOT like going below 3.2 - 3.0vdc per cell...anything lower and it could "kill" your battery

I would recommend 1.8Ω - 2.5Ω, anything over that and your wattage is usually too low to push good vapor...

Wow... looks pretty clonish to me or maybe recylcing the head piece? lol
For $13 bucks shipped....hmmmmmmm

I just got it in the mail tonight!! ill post some pics for you guys. Surprised it was all metal and very solid. Aluminum im sure. Popped an AW 18350 and paired it with a Kanger pro tank 2. The threads are a bit gritty and the battery rattles a tiny tiny bit if you shake it hard but overall for $9.99 i think this will prove to be a solid little performing mod. WOW $9.99!!!!! I'm impressed
what kinda battery? IMR or protected? And definitely...NEED PICS!

Last edited:

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
IMG_0829.jpg IMG_0831.jpg

Looks pretty nice i think. Battery rattles inside a bit but it fires everytime and is good quality for 10 bucks

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
My VAMO V3 usually runs 6-8hrs with moderate vaping (with a 18350, been going 2 days with a 18650)...with the buck/boost circuit it kicks up the voltage then regulates it back down (APV circuitry)...this one will just pull straight battery power (aka "mechanical mod")...remember you need over drain protection circuit on your battery, Li Ion does NOT like going below 3.2 - 3.0vdc per cell...anything lower and it could "kill" your battery

I would recommend 1.8Ω - 2.5Ω, anything over that and your wattage is usually too low to push good vapor...

For $13 bucks shipped....hmmmmmmm

what kinda battery? IMR or protected? And definitely...NEED PICS!

pics are up. AW IMR 18350

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
UPDATE: The tiny amount of battery wobble in the tube was driving me crazy so i swapped out the spring with one of my Silver bullet replacement hot springs. Now you can shake it hard and its rock solid. The new spring is copper or brass i think so better conductivity too. Threads have really improved after 10 or so mins of back and forth breaking them in and a tiny drop of Rem Oil. I can recommend this mod 100% but be warned the spring it comes with isn't the best. With the regular spring and an AW IMR 18350 the battery will rattle a bit. For 10 bucks this probably wouldn't bother most people but it was bugging me. If you get this mod get a better spring and your batteries wont rattle even the slightest bit. See the link at the bottom for the spring i put in it now.

With the new spring Im showing 3.63-3.7 volts off of a fresh AW IMR 18350 under load. Compared to my Atmizoo roller at 3.97-4.10 volts under load i find this very respectable for 10 bucks.

Great mod for someone on a tight budget looking for something tiny and pocket worthy.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Last edited:

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
nice!!! thanks!!!

Darn...too bad this wouldn't work with an 18350 in it
AltSmoke.com - The Kick by Evolv

only thing I found was this for any kind of IMR protection...but I think it's only for shorts, not "low voltage" cutoff...I sent them an email
Batteries : Vape Safe Mod Fuse 2

How much "space" between the battery and spring do you think there is?
Nice...the kick2...but will it fit?
GrimmGreenIndustries - THE KICK2 DROPS IN Just when everyone in the...

The kick will not fit without an extensions tube of some kind. not sure if they make one for this mod or not. An 18350 fits just fine mine just wiggled a little bit and im super picky so it bugged me. Out of the box and 18350 will work with this.

I find vapor production drops off significantly when the battery hits about 3-3.2 volts. When u feel it getting low and just replace the battery. IMRS are safe as long as you don't drain them below 2.5-2.6volts. To go all the way to 2.5 volts you would have to vape a good while getting pretty much no vapor lol. I suppose it could happen if your using super super LR but I wouldn't worry much about it.

Im vaping this at work right now and I love the size of it. Feels good in the hand and Im not worried about messing it up as its only $10.

Im using a kanger protank mini and it looks awesome. Nice tight fit. very good Vapor and throat hit using the 1.8Ohm coils.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
BOOM!!! Got it in!

20130903_203012_zps70e86c25.jpg

This is the little guy sitting right next to my VAVO V3 w/ 18650 battery in it, the Vamo V3 can also run as a "mini" with a 18350 but I like being able to vape for 2x days on one charge

20130903_203049_zps89c0d531.jpg
Tiny tiny...can almost palm this little monster

Head is a CE6 (serviceable) from fasttech, reads 2.7Ω on the Vamo with a 2.8Ω advertisement
Vapes strong!

Pleasantly pleased with this teeny mechanical mod

^ battery rattle - bet it's cuz the tube is excessively wide - just like the Indulgence.
Yup...got some miracca rattle to it, probably easily solved with a ring or two of electrical tape on the battery...I'm willing to forgive that flaw for $9.99 ($13.95 shipped)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread