Status
Not open for further replies.

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
what water vapor are you talking about
where do you live?
people live in florida wiht 98% humidity .

Ha! I live in Manhattan, so I inhale much worse than humid air, in the Summer.

vaping is a concentrated amount of water vapor entering the lungs, especially the clouds I am making. So I am interested to know what effect is has on the lungs since this is not a natural thing to do - know what I mean?

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Actually, we're inhaling mostly propelyne glycol, which can dry out your lungs. Some members have had concerns about dry spots in their lungs from time to time.

Inhaling ANYTHING into your lungs is bad, but our vapor is safer than our old cigarette smoke, so it's kind of like the lesser of two evils.

I am looking forward to the day I do not rely on inhaling anything into my lungs!

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
Actually, we're inhaling mostly propelyne glycol, which can dry out your lungs. Some members have had concerns about dry spots in their lungs from time to time.

Inhaling ANYTHING into your lungs is bad, but our vapor is safer than our old cigarette smoke, so it's kind of like the lesser of two evils.

I am looking forward to the day I do not rely on inhaling anything into my lungs!

So that would mean that vaping is NOT good for you by any measure. It's less bad in fact. That's not comforting:(

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Not saying that vaping specifically is "bad", but inhaling anything except oxygen (even oxygen is bad if it is too much) is bad for your lungs.

You went from inhaling tar and 4000 chemicals including cyanide with cigarettes to less than 40 chemicals with the worst being nicotine and PG with the e-cig. You traded up for sure ;)

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I would wager a guess that inhaling PG is much safer than sucking on the tailpipe of an automobile. With all the toxins we inhale everyday, PG trumps tobacco smoke anyday. No scientific evidence to back up my comment, but eliminating the cancer-causing compounds from burning tobacco can be nothing but reducing the harm we were doing to ourselves as analog smokers.

Nestran

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Rhode Island
keep in mind that the PG is giving something for the water vapor to cling to thus creating the plume. I would think that the amount of actual vapor is the same as inhaling steam if you have a sinus condition.

As to safe: I liken it to we were all driving cars with no seatbelts and now we wear them. Still not as safe as not driving at all but certainly safer than driving without the seatbelt.

Nestran

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
I have been vaping for two days and today I have heartburn ( it got really bad after I ate some meatloaf)
It is gone now I used a pepcid Complete.

Anyone else?

Using the PG.

sunkissed, answered in your other post.

Its most likely the result of quitting smoking, much like bleeding gums (increased bloodflow). Give it a few days.

I have acid reflux, and after the first week, things have improved DRASTICALLY for me. Now into week 3, and I haven't had heartburn in about a week and a half (spicy food - my fault).

sunkissedbeach

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
West Palm Beach Florida
sunkissed, answered in your other post.

Its most likely the result of quitting smoking, much like bleeding gums (increased bloodflow). Give it a few days.

I have acid reflux, and after the first week, things have improved DRASTICALLY for me. Now into week 3, and I haven't had heartburn in about a week and a half (spicy food - my fault).

Thank you so much for the support. :)

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
People generally agree, or at least think. that these ecig devices are safer than cigarettes. Now if cigarettes were a new invention lets say. And no one really knew much about them, no studies were really done. You wouldnt probably know about the great dangers till maybe at least 20 or 30 years from now. When chain smokers ended up with lung problems. So if e cigs are less harmful than that. How long do you think it might take for us to start seeing any potentially harmful side effects from vaping?

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
The only thing I'd be concerned about is the flavoring. People have been inhaling large amounts of PG and VG for long periods of time and it's been studied a lot. People have been inhaling nicotine for years and years and even doctors will tell you it's not the nicotine in cigs that is a problem. The only thing that hasn't been studied is inhaling the small amount of stuff that's in the flavoring. Most of the content of flavoring is PG too.

MichaelSettle

Feb 16, 2010
but isn't pneumonia just fluid in the lungs, basically? and if this is so, then wouldn't purposefully pulling water vapor into the lungs eventually lead to walking pneumonia? Just curious, because people get pneumonia without knowing it all the time and die suddenly. Please don't think I am trying to be crass or argue against it, I just really have thought about using this product and am trying to get all the facts.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
but isn't pneumonia just fluid in the lungs, basically? and if this is so, then wouldn't purposefully pulling water vapor into the lungs eventually lead to walking pneumonia? Just curious, because people get pneumonia without knowing it all the time and die suddenly. Please don't think I am trying to be crass or argue against it, I just really have thought about using this product and am trying to get all the facts.

PG actually is a drying agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread