Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
The end caps are clear-coated... Unless you have brass-o-ed it off. Which I highly doubt.

Clean the connector occasionally, and give it a waxing if you are feeling saucy. Any automotive grade wax/polish will work fine.

I use meguiars Plast-X. The Powder coat is technically a polymer so it works great.

1217320669_meguiars-plastx-clear-plastic-cleaner-polish-296ml_w450_h400.jpg

Last edited:

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
THE ONE thing I tell ANYONE when they ask what PV of mine is the most maintenence free is "get a Chuck" - NO Maintenence required...unless u count wiping the connector once in a while...but thats a given ;) I figured this thread wouldnt say much more :D

Im sure most of you know I have a PV obsession....and the Chuck remains #1!!!! Guess thats why I have 3 Chucks and only 1 of the other guys ;)

I have read most of the forums and knew there was little maintenance required but I thought it would be good for lurkers and new folks to see. Go to any other mod board and you see tons of issues or maintenance suggestions and it is good to see there isn't much required on the Chucks!

I currently have a loner from a friend (great friend, huh) which I have been using for a few weeks but I have finally ordered my own little chuck and will probably get a big chuck after that. It seems my great friend has limits and is wanting his little chuck back soon!

grabeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Just outside my comfort zone.
The end caps are clear-coated... Unless you have brass-o-ed it off. Which I highly doubt.

Clean the connector occasionally, and give it a waxing if you are feeling saucy. Any automotive grade wax/polish will work fine.

I use meguiars Plast-X. The Powder coat is technically a polymer so it works great.

1217320669_meguiars-plastx-clear-plastic-cleaner-polish-296ml_w450_h400.jpg
Thanx Jef, great to know. Will purchase very soon.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Peoia's advice is great advice abt that little contact screw...its just that...to make contact! :)

Also, if you want to give ur threads some extra grease, noalox works great, but by NO means nessacary. ;) Just helps keep em smooth. Its an anti seizure for metal on metal but only needed when two like metals are used. The Chuck is brass and copper, so no worries on it ever seizing up! :thumbs:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
My favorite hardware store and Home Depot both said "huh" when I asked for Noalox. I don't need it, but I will buy it eventually. A little couldn't hurt.

Question: I assume it is toxic which means it can't be used on the connector threads, right?

~~~~~
Trying to keep all the maintenance info together so, when a n00b asks we can point him/her to this nice, short thread and say "Read this. Your question has been asked and answered."

(I'm not trying to get everyone to ask their questions in this thread. It's nice that it so uncluttered. I'm just dragging a copy of the answers over.)

So, here are Jeff's comments on brand new Chucks that randomly misfire (and on his his e-mails.)
OK.... first off.
The most common issue when they are new is the connector. I plug the connector when I powder coat them but it only takes a few specks of powder on the connector to make it not contact. It's usually clear coat too so it's not easy to see. 90% of the time simply cleaning the connector will remedy it. I test them all before they leave, but everyone's atty is different. Once the atty gets screwed on/off a few times they usually wear off any residual powder.

Secondly, I return ALL e-mails. If I don't respond that means I didn't get it. I have 4 "main" addresses I check throughout the day. Unfortunately 2 of them I have had for over 20 years and get spam like you have never seen. Monday mornings I will have 1800+ e-mails. The spam filter gets most, but sometimes CHUCK e-mails find their way in there. I always search for "chuck" before deleting them but that's not to say that a few have slipped by. If I don't respond... PM me here.

I'm glad your newborn is back to CHUCKing! Take care everyone!

Last edited:
I guess that I've had my Chuck for 6-8 months or so, I don't remember, maybe longer.

Here is my maintenance program:

Fill atty with juice, vape, repeat. I do this constantly and feel that this is what keeps my Chuck running smooth ;)

Oh, and I forgot, replace batteries once a day!

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
My favorite hardware store and Home Depot both said "huh" when I asked for Noalox. I don't need it, but I will buy it eventually. A little couldn't hurt.

Question: I assume it is toxic which means it can't be used on the connector threads, right?

~~~~~
Trying to keep all the maintenance info together so, when a n00b asks we can point him/her to this nice, short thread and say "Read this. Your question has been asked and answered."

(I'm not trying to get everyone to ask their questions in this thread. It's nice that it so uncluttered. I'm just dragging a copy of the answers over.)

So, here are Jeff's comments on brand new Chucks that randomly misfire (and on his his e-mails.)

Do not use on connectors at all.. unless you want a short..
it is made by ideal corp. that might help find it,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread