Kanger Pro Tank 2: gurgling and no draw ;-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
hi all:)

i started off using the iclear16s,,, but both of them appear to be faulty.... - the centre tube is misaligned so juice was leaking into my mouth every few drags..... - no good...

i then plugged in my Protank2 - and was simply amazed. just an incredibly vape.
that day for the first time; i didn't smoke any cigarettes.. - just wonderful.

but then the next day it started gurgling.... - there was liquid in the centre hole... - and i was suddenly getting terrible vapour production, and it just stopped working basically.
i'm going to go back to the store that i bought it... and see what they can suggest..; seeing as there are so many variables...

i'm using a vision 1100 with the protank... @ around 4v.
for about 8 hours it was the best thing ever... i could literally hide behind the vapour off of one pull...
it tasted wonderful, and had a good throat hit; i was using 100%vg...

i refilled it after it ran dry, and it worked wonderfully once more... but then when it ran low it suddenly started gurgling...
refilling it didn't change anything... - it just now gurgles... and produces virtually no vapour.... ;-(

i really wanna quit cigs... so i'm thinking of getting a few cartomizers; just so i have a reliable backup that requires no maintenance...
so that i don't have to turn back to cigarettes as i have done now.... - with no vaporising option.

i really don't get it.... it was working fine; then next drag it stopped completely...
saddening... - but, i know the protank2 is the one for me, just need to figure out what went wrong...
-
I've tried blowing out the centre hole.... cleaning the 510 and battery connection... but it just doesn't work currently...:glare:

before it was literally like; :vapor: - amazing.

hope to get this fixed on monday; when the shop is open.

JX

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Get some extra heating coils (heads).

Learn how to clean and dry burn. Check youtube on how.

In short, Rinse with hot tap water dry.

If that does not work..... Rinse with hot tap water. Dab dry with paper towel, dry burn. Rinse dry.

That should bring back your atty to life. (Make sure you don't loose the flavor wicks.)

Best advice is back up and back up. Ie. extra tank (Get some EVOD's or Protank mini which are the same internally with protank). Extra heating coils.

Cheers.

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Seems to me I read something about needing to keep the old Protank pretty full. There was issues just like your talking about when they get below approx. 1/3 full. I don't know about the Protank 2. I only have the original.
Maybe that's part of the problem.
As far as it stopping up altogether I don't have any idea about that. I have had mine flooded so bad that you couldn't even take a puff. I had to blow out the excess liquid & there was a ton. It took awhile for it to come back to normal.
Get yourself a supply of replacement heads.
Good luck & hope you get it fixed. Mine works great for the most part but is fairly finicky.

Last edited:

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Get some extra heating coils (heads). Learn how to clean and dry burn. Check youtube on how. In short, Rinse with hot tap water dry. If that does not work..... Rinse with hot tap water. Dab dry with paper towel, dry burn. Rinse dry. That should bring back your atty to life. (Make sure you don't loose the flavor wicks.) Best advice is back up and back up. Ie. extra tank (Get some EVOD's or Protank mini which are the same internally with protank). Extra heating coils. Cheers.
Ditto, but I also replace my flavor wicks with 2.5mm silica and mine never floods . I'm getting 2 plus weeks out of my coils .

foggerv2

Moved On
Aug 31, 2013
Leicester
Ditto, but I also replace my flavor wicks with 2.5mm silica and mine never floods . I'm getting 2 plus weeks out of my coils .

Best thing to do is take the coil out with a bit of tissue blow thru the tube. Excess liquid comes out of bottom hole...dabble with tissue. Then dabble base round piece dry. Make sure battery is dry most cases it will have a drop or 2 in there. re-assemble should be good to go. I find that when its nearly empty you get leaks. But ive rebuilt all my heads with micro coils and cotton. I simply refuse to go back to anything else. Ive tried allsorts with protank. 1mm 2mm 3mm Silica....Ekowool... SS Mesh..NOTHIN beats good old cotton ive not had a single burnt or dry hit. Ive also taken off the rubber seal for more juice flow.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Best thing to do is take the coil out with a bit of tissue blow thru the tube. Excess liquid comes out of bottom hole...dabble with tissue. Then dabble base round piece dry. Make sure battery is dry most cases it will have a drop or 2 in there. re-assemble should be good to go. I find that when its nearly empty you get leaks. But ive rebuilt all my heads with micro coils and cotton. I simply refuse to go back to anything else. Ive tried allsorts with protank. 1mm 2mm 3mm Silica....Ekowool... SS Mesh..NOTHIN beats good old cotton ive not had a single burnt or dry hit. Ive also taken off the rubber seal for more juice flow.

Same here with micro coils I have a video on youtube on how to do it, I didn't have problems with normal coils heads that came with my puritank, but micro coils and cotton it is way better now.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Gurgling is a juice mess that needs to be cleared out.
Remove Kanger from battery
Get a paper towel to cover the Bottom.
Hold Kanger bottom UP with Battery end covered (paper towel)
Blow through Mouth piece.
This should clear any liquid in the tube and around the coil area.

NEVER FACE DOWN and try to blow out. You can empty the tank and never get it clear.

zekster76

Aug 31, 2013
Phoenix, AZ.
Out here in AZ, the kanger bcc's gurgle quite often, due to the temp changes going inside or outside, I've mostly noticed it going from inside, ac at 72 to outside at 115. The upside down blow out works every time, gurgling stops vaping continues :), sometimes in a pinch a just give it a good swing (hold on tightly) and let centrifugal force do its job, if you prefer the top wick designs and liked the iclear16's there are the iclear30's .

zekster76

Aug 31, 2013
Phoenix, AZ.
Also I did have a problem with the iclear16 leaking as well, the top thread ring came unglued from the mouthpiece, got a good sized taste of juice, but also the tops got very hot due to my chain vaping, I recently got some iclear30's and have noticed the don't get anywhere near as hot, I also rotate kangers pro2, t3s and t3s mini's in and out to keep different flavors on hand(like the bcc :))

DrillRX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
California, USA
hi all:)

i started off using the iclear16s,,, but both of them appear to be faulty.... - the centre tube is misaligned so juice was leaking into my mouth every few drags..... - no good...

i then plugged in my Protank2 - and was simply amazed. just an incredibly vape.
that day for the first time; i didn't smoke any cigarettes.. - just wonderful.

but then the next day it started gurgling.... - there was liquid in the centre hole... - and i was suddenly getting terrible vapour production, and it just stopped working basically.
i'm going to go back to the store that i bought it... and see what they can suggest..; seeing as there are so many variables...

i'm using a vision 1100 with the protank... @ around 4v.
for about 8 hours it was the best thing ever... i could literally hide behind the vapour off of one pull...
it tasted wonderful, and had a good throat hit; i was using 100%vg...

i refilled it after it ran dry, and it worked wonderfully once more... but then when it ran low it suddenly started gurgling...
refilling it didn't change anything... - it just now gurgles... and produces virtually no vapour.... ;-(

i really wanna quit cigs... so i'm thinking of getting a few cartomizers; just so i have a reliable backup that requires no maintenance...
so that i don't have to turn back to cigarettes as i have done now.... - with no vaporising option.

i really don't get it.... it was working fine; then next drag it stopped completely...
saddening... - but, i know the protank2 is the one for me, just need to figure out what went wrong...
-
I've tried blowing out the centre hole.... cleaning the 510 and battery connection... but it just doesn't work currently...:glare:

before it was literally like; :vapor: - amazing.

hope to get this fixed on monday; when the shop is open.

JX

I have had that problem once or twice and the best way to clear, especially if you not around the house, is to do a slow burn.

What I mean by that is to do a long 5 or 6 second burn at 4 volts and and slow draw. (I think it is second nature to try to do a real hard draw on your tank when low vapor production is present and this will only cool the coil and not let it heat up enough to burn off the excess fluid). I mean a REAL...SLOW...DRAW...

About three to four of those should clear it every time without any ill effects on your coil.

P.S. This has worked for both 2.5 and 1.8 ohm coils, although the gurgling most often seems to be with the 1.8 ohm coils.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
The main thing that I have found with the Protanks is allowing enough time for the juice to soak in before the first vape on a new coil. Otherwise I find that on my second fill vape production stops. Drawing to hard on the PT can lead to flooding, which really sucks. Since I started letting the juice soak in long enough, I've had nothing but tank after tank after tank of great vapor, just as good as the first pull.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I have had that problem once or twice and the best way to clear, especially if you not around the house, is to do a slow burn.

What I mean by that is to do a long 5 or 6 second burn at 4 volts and and slow draw. (I think it is second nature to try to do a real hard draw on your tank when low vapor production is present and this will only cool the coil and not let it heat up enough to burn off the excess fluid). I mean a REAL...SLOW...DRAW...

About three to four of those should clear it every time without any ill effects on your coil.

P.S. This has worked for both 2.5 and 1.8 ohm coils, although the gurgling most often seems to be with the 1.8 ohm coils.

Good advice. Your coil head is flooded which is why there is no vapor.

A quick easy fix for a constantly flooding coil head is to add a little piece of wick on top of the coil. Yeah go ahead people and yell at me because everyone talks about removing a flavor wick on a protank head, but by adding one, you'll reduce the gurgling and stop the flooding.

If you don't have any wick to hand, maybe pull some cotton off a q-tip and roll it and try that. If you have an old clearo you don't use anymore, you could also trim a piece of wick off that. It's as simple as unscrewing the coil head from the base and popping off that little post. Lay it on top, screw it all back together and give it a try. Just remember that if you use cotton and you dry fire it, it will burn and you will have to replace it.

A big issue for me when using bottom coil devices is going from indoor A/C to the 100 degree temps outside. I almost always used to get some leaking around the battery post and some gurgling.

Steve803

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Deland, Fl
vapinggenius.com
I had huge leaking issues with my protank and it always leaks mostly when it is low on juice. I thought Kanger-tech fixed that with the protank 2, but I noticed that the new coils have more wicks in them then the originals did. The fewer wicks was probably more of what was causing the leaks then just the heat but I'm sure it had a lot to do with it as well. On friday I rebuilt my atty for my protank and used a 3mm wick with a couple of flavor wicks and I haven't had a leaking problem even down to 1/4 of a tank. This is my first tank since the rewicking but I will know more as time goes on. Might not be a cure all but it's working so far.

Be sure to blow out the overflow juice from either end into a tissue. I found that blowing though the drip tip was better and didn't juice up the tip. Be sure the dab the contact on the battery dry also. You'll get juice build up there that will add to the gurgling. the only thing that should be wet is the wick.

Frankd85

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
USA
I had huge leaking issues with my protank and it always leaks mostly when it is low on juice. I thought Kanger-tech fixed that with the protank 2, but I noticed that the new coils have more wicks in them then the originals did. The fewer wicks was probably more of what was causing the leaks then just the heat but I'm sure it had a lot to do with it as well. On friday I rebuilt my atty for my protank and used a 3mm wick with a couple of flavor wicks and I haven't had a leaking problem even down to 1/4 of a tank. This is my first tank since the rewicking but I will know more as time goes on. Might not be a cure all but it's working so far.

Be sure to blow out the overflow juice from either end into a tissue. I found that blowing though the drip tip was better and didn't juice up the tip. Be sure the dab the contact on the battery dry also. You'll get juice build up there that will add to the gurgling. the only thing that should be wet is the wick.

So right. The upside down trick works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread