nemesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1980

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2011
lincoln ca
So I have a new nemesis Just received and a kick 2 what im noticing is when I switch battery's from my mnke 18650 and my aw 18650 I tighten my switch and there is no throw left to activate the switch, ? this is only a problem with the kick mode also if I use my aw 18490 there is no thro left in switch to activate, am I doing something wrong here? are you suppose to loosen silver bottom contact to increase throw? is anyone else having this problem?

heres a video of the problem

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/ssutterboy/media/Video1_zpsd3ec2466.mp4.html

Last edited:

WheredUfindThis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Apple Valley, MN
is the bottom contact suppose to be all the way in or can I just loosen it up to increase throw
Yes, the bottom contact should be tight. The throw on a Nemesis is the distance between the bottom contact and the top of the delrin insulator. Since the bottom contact holds the insulator and spring in place, loosening it will not affect the throw. It will just lengthen the switch and make it stick out further. Try it without the kick ring as mentioned above, by the sounds of it there should be plenty of thread on the switch to compensate for the ring. If that doesn't work or causes the switch to stick out too far, purchase the longer top contact as also mentioned above. You could also use some sort of spacer(s) if you dare, but I wouldn't recommend it.

PS: the way that embedded pic is stretched on my screen, I thought your nemmy was set up with extra extensions and stacked 18650s lol.

Last edited:

WheredUfindThis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Apple Valley, MN
yea it does look super long it was suppose to be a video of the problem I was having but put an embedded image instead , I took it down and just left the link to the video

I kind of thought you were trolling for a second, with a double stacked Nemesis; What am I doing wrong here? :p

Drhookerman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Los Angeles
First of all nice mod, I have one also and I would love to use the kick extension without the kick but too bad it doesn't work that way. Also nice Keg in the back make me one to pop open a beer right now to drink but my doctor told me to relax on alcohol.

As for the problem it might just be the kick extension. I don't know any kick that is optimized for the nemesis right now.

james1980

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2011
lincoln ca
I tried it without kick extension and was ok with the 18490 but not with the 18650 aw guess I will just use my mnke , I was just under the impression that the nemesis was universal for all 18xxx type batteries in stock form, I would not want to have to change to an extended contact everytime I have to use the aw battery, my mnke work my efest work just the aw are the problem, just was wondering if anyone else noticed this problem,

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I tried it without kick extension and was ok with the 18490 but not with the 18650 aw guess I will just use my mnke , I was just under the impression that the nemesis was universal for all 18xxx type batteries in stock form, I would not want to have to change to an extended contact everytime I have to use the aw battery, my mnke work my efest work just the aw are the problem, just was wondering if anyone else noticed this problem,

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

I use either AWs or Efests in my Nemesis with no problem. I don't know about MNKEs; I don't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread