Will these fit in the PCC of the new Blu Starter Pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
I made that mistake too, ordered 5 Boge and 5 Kanger empties before I realized that 510's didn't mean they were all the same outer diameter. I read in another thread that 306 cartos are slimmer, but I have no idea if they're just slimmer than standard 510's or if they're identical in size to blu cartos. I've been experimenting with refilling my blu cartos, but just not getting the same kind of vape as a fresh pre-filled one. The Boge and Kanger's arrived today, so I'm at least going to use them to sample flavors and vape around the house. I'm also going to try and contact the chinese company who makes all the blu parts and see if they will sell empty cartos. If not, then I'll have to find out why I'm not getting good results refilling my used blu's.

amylyn1970

Jul 13, 2013
Maryland
I made that mistake too, ordered 5 Boge and 5 Kanger empties before I realized that 510's didn't mean they were all the same outer diameter. I read in another thread that 306 cartos are slimmer, but I have no idea if they're just slimmer than standard 510's or if they're identical in size to blu cartos. I've been experimenting with refilling my blu cartos, but just not getting the same kind of vape as a fresh pre-filled one. The Boge and Kanger's arrived today, so I'm at least going to use them to sample flavors and vape around the house. I'm also going to try and contact the chinese company who makes all the blu parts and see if they will sell empty cartos. If not, then I'll have to find out why I'm not getting good results refilling my used blu's.

Check out the reviews on this site for the 306 cartos. 306 Blank Cartomizers

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
That's a great price, but they're out of stock and for some reason they don't even show up through the site's normal menu system. It could be that they'll never carry them again.

Those are also 2 ohm, low resistance (LR) Cartos, which I've read aren't good to use with small batteries like our blu's. At best, they might provide better vapor production, but they'll drain the bats really fast. At worst, they could completely ruin the bats by working them that hard. We want standard resistance 3 ohm cartos.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
The second ones I posted are 3 ohm & in stock from Vapor Kings. I ordered 2 packs of those. I've ordered from them several times & they ship pretty quick. Kind of pricey but I reuse my carts so they should last a long time.

Yeah, I see that now. Not even sure how I missed it the first time, I swear I only saw the first link, lol. I discovered something else interesting too. I bought an older used blu kit, with the "standard" charge pack. Found it on eBay pretty cheap, and managed to contact the seller before eBay deleted the listing and so we made a deal. (e-gigs and accessories are prohibited under their tobacco policy)

This version of the standard charging pack has a foam insert to hold the cartos and bats, and the full size 510 cartos will fit since it expands. I don't like that it's a screw-on charge port, though. It's also not a "smart" charger like the starter and premium packs, so it'll constantly drain and top off the battery unless you unscrew it. But, I bought the used kit for parts to experiment with, and for the usb charger. Plus, I can send my starter pack back for warranty replacement with the two used (old) bats and get new ones in exchange, I think. But it might be worth looking into the premium charge pack if it still has the foam instead of plastic guides for the carts.

amylyn1970

Jul 13, 2013
Maryland
Yeah, I see that now. Not even sure how I missed it the first time, I swear I only saw the first link, lol. I discovered something else interesting too. I bought an older used blu kit, with the "standard" charge pack. Found it on eBay pretty cheap, and managed to contact the seller before eBay deleted the listing and so we made a deal. (e-gigs and accessories are prohibited under their tobacco policy)

This version of the standard charging pack has a foam insert to hold the cartos and bats, and the full size 510 cartos will fit since it expands. I don't like that it's a screw-on charge port, though. It's also not a "smart" charger like the starter and premium packs, so it'll constantly drain and top off the battery unless you unscrew it. But, I bought the used kit for parts to experiment with, and for the usb charger. Plus, I can send my starter pack back for warranty replacement with the two used (old) bats and get new ones in exchange, I think. But it might be worth looking into the premium charge pack if it still has the foam instead of plastic guides for the carts.

Very cool. I'm glad you posted this. I may end up getting the standard pack off of the blu website since you can get it for $12.95 & use that at home with the 510 cartos. I don't like that the battery screws in, but since the pack is so cheap I can live with it. The premium packs are $35.

amylyn1970

Jul 13, 2013
Maryland
It's also not a "smart" charger like the starter and premium packs, so it'll constantly drain and top off the battery unless you unscrew it.

Yeah, I wondered about this. I guess this mean that I can leave the extra battery in the case all the time without it draining the case or overcharging. I wasn't too sure since the manual didn't say anything about it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
I don't know whether or not the original pack they sell now is identical to what I have. Mine seems to be a bit older, and the bats with it have copper connectors, not aluminum like the new bats. It's possible that with the new premium pack and starter pack both being smart chargers, the electronics in the "original" pack have changed as well. It might be worth emailing or calling them to clarify the differences.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Glad the 306's fit how you want them to. I've discovered a little more about the Original Pack too, in case you ordered one after all. I just popped mine apart, and it's also extremely simple to mod so you can fit an assembled cig in the proper hole even with a 510 carto on it.

The foam insert is just glued around the sides to keep it inside the pack, a thin knife blade slides around it easily and since the inside plastic of the pack is smooth, the cheap superglue or whatever they use doesn't hold to it too well. The foam pulls out very easily after this. I slipped the knife around the edges of the plastic "ledge" underneath to see if it came out because there aren't any seams on the sides of the pack to pop it in two. It turns out that ledge is part of a larger insert that houses the battery and charging circuit too. With a little work the whole thing popped out of the outer shell. You won't need to do that though. Since the whole thing below the foam is plastic, all you have to do is sand or file the hole to make it a little wider and a 510 carto slides in perfectly. I just took some sandpaper and wrapped it around a pencil. Once you're done, just put a little glue around the walls again and replace the foam insert. It looks like you can then fit an assembled cig with 510 carto, spar batt, and at least 3 more 510's and two blu or 306 cartos in at once. The foam compresses with the 510s in the carto spots, and I don't have enough open to try fitting 5, but it's probably doable.

I'll take some pics before I reassemble the whole thing permanently if you'd like to see, but I want to play with the charging port. It's still got a spring loaded center pin like the starter pack, so I think if I file down the threads a little, and add a spacer to the lid above the charging hole, it should eliminate the need to screw the bat down for charging. If only it were a smart charger too. I'm betting I can swap the circuitry from a starter pack into the orig. pack though, just have to get my hands on one cheap enough to experiment with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread