syringes and needles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
San Jose
I got mine from Wizard Labs, since I also get my nic from them. Saves extra shipping. A lot of suppliers have them. I recommend making sure you get blunt needles. It wouldn't do to inject the nic subcutaneously.....

thanks. which blunt needle size would be find for 50% vg or 70% vg

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I have 14 gauge blount tips and its still not quite big enough for an easy draw on VG. if you get some plastic syringes you should put some transparent tape over the numbers so they don't wash off. they were made for one time use and come off very easily. I decided I wanted some nice ones and bought glass syringes. I think the name of the company was northern technologies. I really like their easy glide. I use a 1ml 2ml and 5ml for my mixing and that combination works fine for me. if you want to rinse or purge the needles while mixing you can always have some distilled water in a cup for that purpose. good luck

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
My favorite place is Syringe Results | KV Supply

They are an animal supply - and you can get a needle and syringe for as little 12 cents. They have all sorts of needles and syringes very cheap - but shipping is only free if you buy $50 worth of stuff - otherwise it is $5. Of course if you have animals it is easy to but $50 worth of stuff there -

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
My favorite place is Syringe Results | KV Supply

They are an animal supply - and you can get a needle and syringe for as little 12 cents. They have all sorts of needles and syringes very cheap - but shipping is only free if you buy $50 worth of stuff - otherwise it is $5. Of course if you have animals it is easy to but $50 worth of stuff there -

Great resource!

I would recommend 14ga for VG 16 or 18ga for PG and Nicotine base(if it's pg obviously) and 20g needles in 1 or 3ml syringes for flavors.

'Course I always advise people to acquire glass syringes.

The marks don't wear off, they are easy to clean and functional integrity is consistent. You won't have any of those benefits with plastic syringes.

The rubber wears/dries out, plunger tips come off and etc. If you must use plastic then always keep the plugers lubed with PG for longevity.

You can get glass syringes all day on Ebay. The best choice is the glass ones with metal luer-lock hubs.

Ideally you'll want 1cc/ml for flavors, some 3s for larger batches. Or an assortment, they are just a really good investment for our purposes in DIY.

If you are going to get sharp needles I would recommend buying a needle-snipper. There is really no place in vaping for sharps, but hey, since you can get them for pennies, it's worth a thought..

Blunts can be found on Ebay as well.

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
Great resource!

I
If you are going to get sharp needles I would recommend buying a needle-snipper. There is really no place in vaping for sharps, but hey, since you can get them for pennies, it's worth a thought..

Blunts can be found on Ebay as well.

I find it is really easy to dull a the point of a needle by just rubbing it briskly back and forth on a nail file, more work then a needle-snipper, but less expense.

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
Walgreens gives out 1 ml, 5 ml, and 10 ml. syringes for free at the pharmacy counter for customers. I tried to buy them but they said they are free.

Thanks! What a great idea...I had to make a trip to Walgreens this morning and I remembered this tip and decided to give it a whirl. Super nice pharmacist gave me two 1ml syringes two 5ml syringes and a 2ml dropper. MsComptrtchr, you 'da man (woman)!

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
i oft suggest Farm & Feed supply for low cost and volume syringes. If theres not a B&M one nearby, consider a pharmacy or medical supply store.
I see many of thhe PV vendors sell these too- look under tanks, accessories, or cartomizers and you might find them. They should be in "coin" only per piece. Luv KV - used them for decades; however they used to have a $minimum$ order.

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
i oft suggest Farm & Feed supply for low cost and volume syringes. If theres not a B&M one nearby, consider a pharmacy or medical supply store.
I see many of thhe PV vendors sell these too- look under tanks, accessories, or cartomizers and you might find them. They should be in "coin" only per piece. Luv KV - used them for decades; however they used to have a $minimum$ order.

Yes KV has been around forever - way before the internet- and I loved getting there old catalogue - now they just charge $5 for shipping if you don't meet there $50 minimum, if you do shipping is free. I always end up wasting a lot of money on dog and cat toys in order to qualify for "free" shipping -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread