Is there a cigalike that doesn't look like cheap Chinese junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
I know that pretty much all PV's, cigalikes especially, ARE made in China, including the blu I'm using (and still loving) now. But it seems that all the 510 starter kits I've seen so far just look like garbage, especially the PCC's. One of the reasons I like my blu is that it at least looks a bit stylish. A relative gave me a Fin basic kit from WalMart (one bat, usb charger, and one carto) and I've been using it alongside my blu for a couple days. I think I could get used to the slightly larger than an analog size, and the heavier weight than blu, but I still want one that looks good too. I've had my eye on the Halo G6, but it's an 808, and I'd like to stick to 510 just for the better compatibility and range of options. I like the "midnight blue" color most. What's worse, in my opinion, are the 510 PCC's. I've never liked the Joye design, and all the rest have some crappy graphics and/or slogans on them that just scream gaudy and low quality to me. Is there anything out there in a 510 that looks as slick as the Halo G6?

Last edited:

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
Classy, yeah, that's the word I was looking for. Slick, stylish, and classy. But like I said, I want to keep to the 510 family. My blu's are 510 threaded, and all the higher end stuff I'm certain I'll eventually expand into for use at home are keeping the 510 high up as the standard, so most everything I'll end up using will be somewhat interchangeable.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
The eRoll is certainly a nice looking piece of hardware, I agree. I guess I should also have specified that I'm planning to stick with cartomizers when using a cigalike. I'm also not a fan of the eRoll PCC. It's slick looking, sure, but doesn't it only hold a single bat, and no other parts at all? They do have that new add-on case for the PCC that'll hold a second bat, though, but I don't think it holds anything else either. It just seems like they want you to spend too much for too little convenience. Maybe that's just me.

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
I guess that's always an option, yeah. My experience with using wraps and tape for other things usually has it looking dilapidated a short while later, but paint isn't a bad idea. It would be nice if I didn't have to go to those lengths to get a nice looking product though. It's bad enough I'm probably going to have to custom craft my own PCC to get exactly what I want in terms of storage, function, and style. If only the Halo's were 510.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
There's this from Kanger => Kanger eSmart 320mah Starter Kit

It's not exactly a cigalike, but it's not an eGo size either. Different. With 320 mAh batteries it kind of makes the need for a PCC or a cigapack type of charger unnecessary. Should get about three times the run time of 510 mini batteries. And it can use 510 anything.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I have the 808-threaded version of the E-smart (same thing except for the connectors) and I love it. I use mine "out and about" all the time. It's actually quite elegant-looking, I think.

I did not know they made it in an 808 too.

To help the OP out, can you give us the battery dimensions? It look big in the photos, but considering it's a 320 mAh battery it can't be that large.

And also for the OP - it's available in blue too! :)

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
To help the OP out, can you give us the battery dimensions? It look big in the photos, but considering it's a 320 mAh battery it can't be that large.

Oh, it's not big at all. It's the size of a pen.

E-smart.jpg

My precision metric rulers and caliper are at work but measured with a wooden ruler I found in my "junk drawer", the battery is just over 2-3/4" long (not including the connector) and about 3/8" in diameter. The overall length with clearomizer attached is 5-1/4"

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA

Skymutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Steel City, PA, USA
I have the 808-threaded version of the E-smart (same thing except for the connectors) and I love it. I use mine "out and about" all the time. It's actually quite elegant-looking, I think.

Now that's a little more like it in the style department. I can definitely see myself with something like that, and it's officially on my wish list, but I'm only talking cigalikes right now. 510 compatible cigalikes, nothing else. That's why I posted in the Joye 510 forum, after all.

That being said, I DO appreciate all the suggestions, very much so. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your help, they're just not answers to my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread