Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
The only thing I keep in the freezer is nic. In small bottles. I don't own liters or gallons of anything vape related, so it takes up little space to begin with. I keep pg and vg in my rubbermaid container at room temp, always. I buy such small quantities that there is little chance for spoiling, although it might be more cost effective to buy larger quantities.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Does anybody have PG or VG with nic in it? Where do you store it? I've got some 36mg PG squeezed in a tiny little refigerator and I've had there it for more than a year. I don't think it's lost it's potency although I dilute it down by half when I use it. I don't think I'd leave it out of the fridge.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Does anybody have PG or VG with nic in it? Where do you store it? I've got some 36mg PG squeezed in a tiny little refigerator and I've had there it for more than a year. I don't think it's lost it's potency although I dilute it down by half when I use it. I don't think I'd leave it out of the fridge.

That's what people are talking about when they talk about nic. It's sold in PG, VG, or a combination of the two. You can't buy pure nic. I buy mine in PG.

The most important thing is to store it in a cool, dark place. But, ideally in glass bottles in the freezer.

I've never put mine in the freezer YET. I intend to as soon as I have a second freezer (as soon as we move into a house). In the meantime, I put mine in the back of a top bathroom cabinet, away from the grandkids. Heat rises, so a bottom cabinet should be better (if no kids around to get into it).

But, the freezer is ideal. (Again, if there are no kids to get into it.)

thejaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2013
La Jolla, CA
www.nudenicotine.com
Everyone is spot on about the freezers here for PG and VG containing nicotine. Other thing we want to note - if for the time being you aren't able to secure a freezer, another variable you can help eliminate to prevent further oxidation of your nicotine would be UV light. Where are you storing yours at the moment? The least you could do would be to chose a dark storage environment, however, amber bottles can also aid in blocking out additional UV.

pastubbs

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2013
Chattanooga, TN USA
pastubbs.com
Its pretty much a well know fact that you don't need to freezer your nic juice just put it in a non-clear glass bottle and keep it out of the light, sun light or otherwise at room temp. PG based nic juice last up to 2yrs, VG based nic juice last for 10yrs. I prefer VG based because you never know how long the retailer had the nic juice before you bought it and 10 yrs s a hefty amount of keep time. you'll end up using it long before it expires. Buy in bulk and save some cash that is if you have the space to store it. I put mine in a spare closet where all the X-Mas, Halloween, and etc crap goes.

Reactions: DonnaVapes

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
Its pretty much a well know fact that you don't need to freezer your nic juice just put it in a non-clear glass bottle and keep it out of the light, sun light or otherwise at room temp. PG based nic juice last up to 2yrs, VG based nic juice last for 10yrs. I prefer VG based because you never know how long the retailer had the nic juice before you bought it and 10 yrs s a hefty amount of keep time. you'll end up using it long before it expires. Buy in bulk and save some cash that is if you have the space to store it. I put mine in a spare closet where all the X-Mas, Halloween, and etc crap goes.

We are Talking about High strength Nicotine for making e Juice- Not pre made juice

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I'll ask the 1st 2 questions hypothetically about just Nic juice (no flavor) but just stored for DIY. Where would you keep these (assuming they'll of course be kept from children's reach).

1) 100mg Nic in all VG.

2) 36mg Nic in all PG.

3) How long will the Nic in these likely retain its strength when out of the freezer at room temp?

4) Why isn't refrigeration as good as freezing?

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I don't refrigerate plain PG or VG either. I just got a liter of VG and it will last a loooong time. Nic goes in the freezer regardless of carrier.

Not in VG, in my experience. I have some nic that is going on 4 years in the freezer, and it shows no change at all. Of course, if it is thinned before storing, this will hasten its oxidiation. Mine is all unthinned.

@thewomenfolk: VG and PG will always be available, and it really does not go bad...virtually nothing grows in it. Anything labeled USP must have a 1 year expiration date, but these are not likely to go. I don't recommend fridge or freezer for these if you are using the bottle often, since cold will make them absorb water from the air. Mine is just out at room temp, winter or summer.

pastubbs

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2013
Chattanooga, TN USA
pastubbs.com

We are Talking about High strength Nicotine for making e Juice- Not pre made juice

So am I even with a 100mg nic juice its still PG or VG based so the same rules apply. I got this from my local vape shop that makes their own juice. 99% pure nic juice which would be 999mg only last 2yrs. So a VG based juice is a better option opinion. So long story short as long as the bottle are sealed and its kept out of the light its good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread