Looking for a new Tank and Mod?? (Im a newbie at this!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonsFoSho

Sep 7, 2013
Honolulu HI
Hey, so I recently bought a Ce4 kit from Apollo couples months ago and it seems that my clearomizer is worn out? (The person working there told me) so i'm currently looking for a new tank. I came across the Kangertech Pro tank 2, is this a good tank? or is there any good ones out there you guys can recommend?

I was also getting interested in the Mods, all those cool looking batteries and stuff, what is the best Mod out there for under $100?
and if so, is there like a Kit (batteries included?) It seems that they only sell the Body.
Sorry for all these questions, Just really need somewhere to start haha

Thanks guys!:D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
ProTank is very good and and a lot of us use it--especially with bigger APVs.

If you want to stay with smaller form, try Twist or Spinner (variable voltage) batteries and any of the Kanger changeable coil clearos--they are all nice and widely popular--T3, baby T3, eVod, T2 (top coil) or mini ProTank (all pyrex glass).

If you're looking for an APV that will work with larger 510 threaded tanks (like the ProTank), I own and like a Sigelei Zmax mini. Don't buy a kit, even if you can find one--chargers and batteries that come with such kits are usually lousy. Get a good charger (Nitecore, XPro, Pila) and good batteries.

Good luck and welcome to ECF. :)

LemonsFoSho

Sep 7, 2013
Honolulu HI
ProTank is very good and and a lot of us use it--especially with bigger APVs.

If you want to stay with smaller form, try Twist or Spinner (variable voltage) batteries and any of the Kanger changeable coil clearos--they are all nice and widely popular--T3, baby T3, eVod, T2 (top coil) or mini ProTank (all pyrex glass).

If you're looking for an APV that will work with larger 510 threaded tanks (like the ProTank), I own and like a Sigelei Zmax mini. Don't buy a kit, even if you can find one--chargers and batteries that come with such kits are usually lousy. Get a good charger (Nitecore, XPro, Pila) and good batteries.

Good luck and welcome to ECF. :)

Hey, thanks.
Where did you get your Z-Max? Pretty interested in that :)
Also, for the batteries, any recommendations for those as well?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hey, thanks.
Where did you get your Z-Max? Pretty interested in that :)
Also, for the batteries, any recommendations for those as well?

I got mine through a co-op; it comes with an extension cap for a 1490 battery and is all stainless. It looks like this:

$T2eC16V,!)sE9swmZwsPBSFb)t3t1g~~60_1.JPG

It's a lovely mod.

I use AW IMR batteries from RTD Vapors, just like the ones Ocelot recommended, but many vapers use Efast--those are a bit cheaper and probably just as good. I got an inexpensive Nitecore I2 charger from Fasttech (free shipping), but I've seen them on Amazon for not much more.

Good luck!

jow350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Pennsylvania, USA
Get the Sigelei V5 Telescope. I recently got a V5 and the older versions I own are now sitting in the drawer... It basically looks the same and is the same size that the Mini screwed all the way down (18350 mode), but you can easily go to a 18500 or 18650 battery. The V5 also has upgraded electronics which are useful, unlike the V2 and V3s, it now remembers settings when changing batteries, has an easy indicator telling you the remaining battery charge and comes with a puff counter as well, and the capability to charge your cell phone or other USB device using the mod (IMHO a gimmick, but nevertheless, can be useful in an emergency).
VaporTekUSA has both Stainless Steel and black ones in stock at a very good price (use VAPORJOE6OFF coupn code to get 6% off):
SS - Sigelei Zmax V5 with Cell phone charger
Black - Sigelei Zmax V5 Black with Black Cell Charger "Body Only"

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I have the Sigelei telescope V3 and have had it for a few months. It is a great mod. It is a bit more in price than the vamo, but it is a more solidly built device. The Vamo is still a fine device, but you get what you pay for.

You are much better off buying a mod, a charger, and batteries separate. Many of those kits come with crappy batteries and crappy chargers. The only kit that I've seen with decent stuff is this one: $54.32 Vamo V3 Variable Voltage Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Kit - chromed brass / Nitecore I2 charger / 2*Sony US18650V3 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

tstar

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hey, so I recently bought a Ce4 kit from Apollo couples months ago and it seems that my clearomizer is worn out? (The person working there told me) so i'm currently looking for a new tank. I came across the Kangertech Pro Tank 2, is this a good tank? or is there any good ones out there you guys can recommend?

I was also getting interested in the Mods, all those cool looking batteries and stuff, what is the best Mod out there for under $100?
and if so, is there like a Kit (batteries included?) It seems that they only sell the Body.
Sorry for all these questions, Just really need somewhere to start haha

Thanks guys!:D
When I started vaping I went right into mechanical mods. My first one was a K101 starter kit I bought from VapeDoctor.com for $75 it came with a the K101, efest IMR 18350 3.7V 800mah and efest IMR 18650, case and a charger. This was also like I said my second mod, I recently just bought a Sigelei 19B from Vaportek.

My personal opinion I think you should put together your own first mod and not buy a "starter kit" it will probably be cheaper and you will get exactly what you need. I ended up buying the starter kit and like 5 tanks before I had everything I wanted and I never even used the K101 cartomizer that came with the mod itself, which is why I think its unnecessary.

I think for a starter and a quality first mechanical mod you should consider this set up

1. K100/K101 telescopic mod [it fits both ego and 510 threading so you can mix and match tanks/cartos until you find what you want. With the Sigelei and some other mods you may be restricted to using only 510 tanks, which won't allow you to use tanks like the Protank Mini or EVOD] $20ish on Fasttech

2. Kanger Protank II, Protank Mini II [when released], Kanger EVOD, Kanger T3. Basically anything Kanger to get your feet wet in the tanks and atomizers. I have all the tanks listed except I have a Protank Mini V1 and my favorites are the Kanger Protank II and the EVOD. Protank II has the edge because you can use your drip tip and its pyrex glass. $5-$20 depending on the tank and where you're ordering from

3. Like others have said get the right power source so a lot of users here are probably using EFEST IMR 18350/18650 batteries. Some will swear by the Panasonic NCR 18000 series batteries. But, I think the EFEST is a quality battery and I have yet to have an issue with any of mine. You'll need to get a charger too something like this Trustfire TR-003P4 Universal Battery Charger $16.62 | gotsmok.com there are probably cheaper ones out there but make sure you get a trusted and safe one $7-10 for a battery and $10-20 depending on the charger you purchase

What I just listed you could probably be right around $80 shipped maybe even less, which fits your under $100 budget

Hope this helps haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread