Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I've been blissfully vaping away on my REO Grand / RM2 since it arrived about a month ago. I've had no desire or reason to use any of the dozen or so other devices I've amassed prior to acquiring my REO.

Out of curiosity, I decided to order a HH357 earlier this week. I had heard good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Mr. Postman delivered it this afternoon and I quickly threw it atop my trusty Grand. If it had arrived prior to me being spoiled by the vaping nirvana that is the REO/RM2, I would have been impressed. It's delivers a respectable vape, but it doesn't hold a candle to the awesomeness that is the RM2.

Further curiosity possessed me to break out one of my tube mechanicals and genesis atties. I fussed about with a cable/mesh wick and wrapped a handsome coil, filled it with liquid and gave it a toot...

Meh...it was decent. Just decent.

Long story short, I think I'm done spending money on anything that isn't REO related. I'm spoiled.

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
I've been blissfully vaping away on my REO Grand / RM2 since it arrived about a month ago. I've had no desire or reason to use any of the dozen or so other devices I've amassed prior to acquiring my REO.

Out of curiosity, I decided to order a HH357 earlier this week. I had heard good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Mr. Postman delivered it this afternoon and I quickly threw it atop my trusty Grand. If it had arrived prior to me being spoiled by the vaping nirvana that is the REO/RM2, I would have been impressed. It's delivers a respectable vape, but it doesn't hold a candle to the awesomeness that is the RM2.

Further curiosity possessed me to break out one of my tube mechanicals and genesis atties. I fussed about with a cable/mesh wick and wrapped a handsome coil, filled it with liquid and gave it a toot...

Long story short, I think I'm done spending money on anything that isn't REO related. I'm spoiled.

It took you a month to figure out all that??? Sheesh stubborn one aren't you! lol I'm in the same boat. I got a tumbled raw grand from the classies with a A7 with it.... I can't even use it. It's not even in the same ballpark with the RM2 so it's been polished and cleaned up and just waiting for the other RM2's I ordered to come in. Which will get to my house Monday....now we wait and see how long before I make it back there to get it.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've been trying a variety of builds in the RM2 lately and, in that process, figured out that I get some different vapes depending on how hard/fast I draw the air through it. I've even started playing with builds where I decide ahead of time what kind of pull I'm gonna give it. This has been reminding me of the HH.357, in a funny way. Do y'all remember the set of instructions that came with that thing? How hard to suck, how long to suck, when to suck, when to drip 6 drops, when to drip 2 drops, when and how to do little gurgle suckets, when to blow it, how to blow it, DON'T GLOW IT! . . . . SHEEEEET! It had good flavor, but Lordy, what a PITA!

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Another nice thing about the RM2 is that it's pretty forgiving of squonking technique. Being a newbie to squonking I sometimes overdo it, but it seems to be just about impossible to flood the RM2 because of its design. Definitely hits real nice, too - almost TOO nice! Last night was my first night with it and I was enjoying the flavor so much and having so much fun blowing big clouds that I was turning green by bedtime. :D

pesky_human

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Greeley, CO
www.peskyhumans.com
Another nice thing about the RM2 is that it's pretty forgiving of squonking technique. Being a newbie to squonking I sometimes overdo it, but it seems to be just about impossible to flood the RM2 because of its design. Definitely hits real nice, too - almost TOO nice! Last night was my first night with it and I was enjoying the flavor so much and having so much fun blowing big clouds that I was turning green by bedtime. :D

Yeah I am glad that I have been tapering my nic down to the 10-12 mg level because the flavor of the RM2 with cotton is so good that it is tough to stop doing outrageous lung hits and making my region mostly cloudy.

I don't know how one would flood this thing. With the excess juice going back to the bottle, I'm thinking it would be pretty difficult. That's the most ingenious design aspect of the Reo, as far as I am concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Yeah I am glad that I have been tapering my nic down to the 10-12 mg level because the flavor of the RM2 with cotton is so good that it is tough to stop doing outrageous lung hits and making my region mostly cloudy.
Yep. I've had to retrain myself to exhale away from my monitor because the clouds keep obscuring my view!

I don't know how one would flood this thing. With the excess juice going back to the bottle, I'm thinking it would be pretty difficult. That's the most ingenious design aspect of the Reo, as far as I am concerned.
Agreed 100%. It really is a slick design. Easy to coil, easy to use and hard to screw up! :thumbs:

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Agree with OP 100%, RM2 is a wonderful RBA. No flooding, No leaking, Easy Peasy to rebuild, wick is simple to replace, …etc

I should be a verified member in a few days, going to be listing some unused stuff in the classies. Bet no one can guess what i'm going to do with that money?
Buy a Vamo? :D

...and I see what you did there!

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX

^ This is fact, truth, law, or whatever else you with to take of it. :D

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
It's really ironic the best vaping atty in the world is also, by far, the fastest and easiest to use. This matters a lot for seniors. Pre-REO I watched numerous genny setup videos. YGBSM! All that just to vape? Carry a hypodermic to fill it? I have to vape like drinking with the wick on the bottom side? Woe be me if I forget and lay it down? And back to the fiddling if it develops hot spots? Then there's the Kayfun... how many parts have to be assembled in the correct orientation? No thanks.

My first REO had an RM2 and got a slightly sub-ohm micro coil with cotton--total time maybe five minutes after unpacking. Widely spaced, drilled posts over ceramic base. Easy! Made my ProTanks seem like those ultralight cigarettes with holes punched in them! Cartos aren't even on the radar any more. My second REO came with THREE RM2s. Never want to be without one again.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Just to confirm..
I had read somewhere that the RM2s that are being restocked, are all to be milled to work with every Reo model?
Will this be true?

thanks
I

Back in stock Monday as per the Sales Info thread ........ Still think you need to request the smaller option for the mini and mini 2.0 ........ Otherwise you are good for the 2.1 and Grand and most Woodvils.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Then there's the Kayfun... how many parts have to be assembled in the correct orientation?

5 but who's counting :D (Well 7 if you take the tank sections apart, I just leave mine together all the time)

I actually get a slightly better vape from the Kayfun Lites but they are not as easy .... certainly not difficult though.
And they don't leak like my Genesis that I prefer also.

It all comes down to boredom for me, and enjoying vaping as a hobby.
Once you have a few REOs that you know will work all day and not leak its fun to play with the other things as well.
They all have slight differences in flavor even with the same juice.

Don't get me wrong, the first 3 devices in any vapors line up should be REOs, then add other stuff to feed the hobby as needed.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Back in stock Monday as per the Sales Info thread ........ Still think you need to request the smaller option for the mini and mini 2.0 ........ Otherwise you are good for the 2.1 and Grand and most Woodvils.

I think Rob said that with his next batch (coming Monday) of RM2s that he's going to mill them all down to fit the Minis.....that way they should all fit any of the metal REOs (without having to request special milling.) I'll try to find that post.....it was recent.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I think Rob said that with his next batch (coming Monday) of RM2s that he's going to mill them all down to fit the Minis.....that way they should all fit any of the metal REOs (without having to request special milling.) I'll try to find that post.....it was recent.
Thanks Jan you are correct they will fit any of the metal mods . If buying for a woodvil people should mention this to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread